Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sleeping Giants - Who are they and when will they break out?

Guest DT

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

Having deja vu over here.  Vaguely remember you all but guaranteeing 4 wins this last season for the Millers.

I really see no path to 4 wins for them.

That is primarily due to my confidence in Sharpe.   Maybe we need to throw away 2020 and give all a fresh start

5 minutes ago, DT said:

That is primarily due to my confidence in Sharpe.   Maybe we need to throw away 2020 and give all a fresh start

No you need to throw away his offensive philosophy....let me repeat he was losing by 28 in the second half and still going with no receiver sets....and then on long yardage he put one guy out....watch the tape Avon took that pass back for an 80 yard touchdown.

1 minute ago, BigBH said:

No you need to throw away his offensive philosophy....let me repeat he was losing by 28 in the second half and still going with no receiver sets....and then on long yardage he put one guy out....watch the tape Avon took that pass back for an 80 yard touchdown.

interception

• Disdain 1

11 minutes ago, BigBH said:

interception

Sharpe is not going to change his colors.  He runs the ball and plays power smallmouth football.  Either the kids will adapt or he will move on

Just now, DT said:

Sharpe is not going to change his colors.  He runs the ball and plays power smallmouth football.  Either the kids will adapt or he will move on

Smashmouth

2 minutes ago, BigBH said:

average seasons at LaPorte may not work in the HCC...not a knock just reality

I'm not quite sure how high expectations are at Noblesville.  They seem to be at a level where you would find a Pike or a franklin or a TH North. Occasional good season and a lot of mediocre ones

8 minutes ago, DT said:

I'm not quite sure how high expectations are at Noblesville.  They seem to be at a level where you would find a Pike or a franklin or a TH North. Occasional good season and a lot of mediocre ones

Doubt if my guy DE can chime in on this but if you attend a Noblesville home game you will see a large number of parents/fans tailgating....trust me I have been to them all and they are the only HCC school doing it.  I think its great but I assume those fine folks expect more pronto to justify the burgers, dogs, and beer.  Oh but that quick trap might just work....LOL

12 minutes ago, BigBH said:

Doubt if my guy DE can chime in on this but if you attend a Noblesville home game you will see a large number of parents/fans tailgating....trust me I have been to them all and they are the only HCC school doing it.  I think its great but I assume those fine folks expect more pronto to justify the burgers, dogs, and beer.  Oh but that quick trap might just work....LOL

Beer?  Damn, I’ve been doing it all wrong.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Gillin went 3-9 in his first season.  Started 0-8 and went to the sectional championship game.  Clearly the team was improving and peaked at the right time.  The Pioneers have been a state title contender ever since.

Love seeing you support the All in concept that our state offers.   Now just get @Bobref on board.   

As you stated, that seemed to be a nice springboard into the next year success, what shame if they played in a system that would not afford that opportunity for the Pioneers to get better each week and get themselves to a championship game.   

:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, temptation said:

Beer?  Damn, I’ve been doing it all wrong.

In Noblesville a little snort helps before another ass kicking....that and you need it to watch that straight wing T 80's mess of an offense

Edited by BigBH

24 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I happen to enjoy that style of offense and seen it first hand when he was at LaPorte its devastation it can bring.  

Patience @BigBH   

not sure how many times I have to say it....LaPorte is not the HCC....sure we all get that throw back warm and fuzzies for those old time offenses but the spread offense is how it rolls and right now Hamilton County parents of middle school kids are filling out  transfer paperwork for Zionsville, HSE, Fishers, GC, Carmel and Westfield....any idea how many passing academies have popped up in that area right now?  The aren't working on hand offs...Noblesville had 52 attempts in 10 games.....52!!!!

5 hours ago, BigBH said:

refresh me again what you want broken down?  How bad Noblesville is?  All schools in the state want to win?  Indy area schools dominate the state? 

Let us know what the dominant area Indy schools are doing compared to Noblesville?

2 hours ago, BigBH said:

How would you like me to chime in?

43 minutes ago, BigBH said:

not sure how many times I have to say it....LaPorte is not the HCC....sure we all get that throw back warm and fuzzies for those old time offenses but the spread offense is how it rolls and right now Hamilton County parents of middle school kids are filling out  transfer paperwork for Zionsville, HSE, Fishers, GC, Carmel and Westfield....any idea how many passing academies have popped up in that area right now?  The aren't working on hand offs...Noblesville had 52 attempts in 10 games.....52!!!!

Why should Noblesville care about your opinion?  I may have missed it, but do you have kids that go there and play football?  If so and you are this unhappy, let them go where they want.

1 hour ago, BigBH said:

Noblesville didn’t fair much better airing it out with a QB that’s currently on IU’s roster. I get what you’re saying and at times I was too disgusted to watch them last year. I’m still willing to give Sharpe time to build his program, though my opinion doesn’t really matter. And if it works, it’s really a mute point if good passing QB’s and WR’s from Noblesville will go elsewhere. Just win without them. I’ll tell you they likely won’t leave if they also play baseball as that’s the premier men’s sport in Noblesville. 

Who knows. Maybe he’ll adapt the offense like Moore did with Jackson if he has a QB that can throw. Maybe, because of limited practice reps, he was using live games as practice for installing his offense. Honestly, with the way our line played, a passing game would have been non existent. D-Lines would have feasted on the QB. 

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, DE said:

Why should Noblesville care about your opinion?  I may have missed it, but do you have kids that go there and play football?  If so and you are this unhappy, let them go where they want.

They shouldn't and don't care about my opinion....actually my kid has played eight quarters against them and has four more to go later this year....

1 hour ago, BigBH said:

Great points.  You really cant push against this tidal wave of reality.  

Just now, BigBH said:

They shouldn't and don't care about my opinion....actually my kid has played eight quarters against them and has four more to go later this year....

So why do you care what one of your opponents do?

1 minute ago, DE said:

So why do you care what one of your opponents do?

Well again its 6A Indy area football which you know nothing about....when your kid comes off the field after the schedule my kid has and will play again....come talk to me....other than all players stay healthy I have no warm and fuzzies...sorry just the way it goes

5 minutes ago, DT said:

With Buzea back in the game in the DAC, maybe Sharpie will make the move back too.  Laporte was one game away from LOS a few years back.  Right on the doorstep.  Great community and solid kids.  

Edited by DT

4 minutes ago, DT said:

last years Noblesville team would have beaten Laport by 30....Noblesville lost by 30 to most HCC teams...as I told my guy DE...different animal down here

1 minute ago, BigBH said:

last years Noblesville team would have beaten Laport by 30....Noblesville lost by 30 to most HCC teams...as I told my guy DE...different animal down here

Laporte was down last year.  A better matchup would have been Noblesville - Chesterton  The Cheeseheads are starting to sneak up on he others, almost undetected, in The DAC.  They could land in the semi state and surprise everyone, except themselves

Just now, DT said:

Laporte was down last year.  A better matchup would have been Noblesville - Chesterton  The Cheeseheads are starting to sneak up on he others, almost undetected, in The DAC.  They could land in the semi state and surprise everyone, except themselves

not really....other than Ft Wayne northern Indiana football is dead