Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

11 on 11 at CCHS

Coach Gilbert

Question

I would like to see if officials in Central Indiana might be interested in working a large 11 on 11 competition on Monday, July 12.  The competition

will run promply from 6:30 pm till 8:30 pm.  Clinton Central is located on US 29 [Michigan Road] about 30 minutes north of 96 St. in Indy.  When I have run these large scale 

11 on 11 competitions at Tri-Central we always had a great turn out of officials wishing to work there mechanics to get ready for the season.  

We will split 2 football fields with a red zone field separate and we can accommodate 15 teams including our team.   Teams will start with ball on forty with 3 downs to get a first down. 

Once in red zone offense will have 4 downs to score [no kicking game].  When offense gives up ball on downs or scores ball goes to resting team.  Offense moves to defense and defense becomes 

resting team.  Action is fast paced with lots of repetition, although coaches and officials can stop action for a teaching point at any time.  Officials throw flags as if regular game.

Action will run 20 minutes non-stop, then teams move to next pod of competition.  I will organize this action with each official and team having in their hands a schedule of competition with fields 

marked.  During the break (10 minutes)  Varsity moves on and for next 10 minutes JV players will play then follow there Varsity to next field of competition.  We currently have 2 4A schools; 2 3A, 4 2A, 3 1a teams

coming.  This works best with 300-400 athletes at competition with we have officials available.  Please contact me if interested in coming to work competition.  There are no trophies [winning or losing during competition 

if of no importance at this event and that has made this a great learning tool preparing for the season so coaches can focus on plays, players and staff and not worry about the stuff we have to deal with during the season.

This has been a great night of fellowship for coaches, officials and players.  I hope we can get at least 15 to work but 30 would allow rest periods for officials.  We have had as many as 40 and it worked out great.

Let me know if interested george.gilbert@clinton.k12.in.us

• Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet