Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

I'm stepping down in Protest

Guest DT

Dear Valued Readers of The GID Forum

I have notified Coach Nowlin that I am stepping down from my self appointed position as GID Chief Content Provider , effective immediately.

I made several race related comments this morning in multiple discussion threads and I was verbally warned by the admin regarding these comments.

Black football make up nearly 80% of the total in the NFL, as well as a very high percentage in college.  Many Indiana high schol football teams are stocked with black players, depending mostly on geographic location and proximity to major cities.

I feel strongly that NONE of the comments I made were in any way provocative, incendiary or insensitive .  I was simply making a point and using factual statistical date to drive home the message.

If this type of discussion is too much for this site to bear, then I must be in the wrong place.

All the best

DT

22 minutes ago, DT said:

Dear Valued Readers of The GID Forum

I have notified Coach Nowlin that I am stepping down from my self appointed position as GID Chief Content Provider , effective immediately.

I made several race related comments this morning in multiple discussion threads and I was verbally warned by the admin regarding these comments.

Black football make up nearly 80% of the total in the NFL, as well as a very high percentage in college.  Many Indiana high schol football teams are stocked with black players, depending mostly on geographic location and proximity to major cities.

I feel strongly that NONE of the comments I made were in any way provocative, incendiary or insensitive .  I was simply making a point and using factual statistical date to drive home the message.

If this type of discussion is too much for this site to bear, then I must be in the wrong place.

All the best

DT

I was simply making a point and using factual statistical date to drive home the message.  Sorry not to me...you just asked a stupid question.

13 minutes ago, BigBH said:

I was simply making a point and using factual statistical date to drive home the message.  Sorry not to me...you just asked a stupid question.

We're the comments racist in your view?

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Hate to see you go DT. You provide good quality content on this forum. Unfortunately we live in a very sensitive world today where factual information is often misconstrued as racist.  

This is roughly the 8th time he's announced a departure. He'll be back. He has too much time vested in this forum to quit cold turkey like this. Ironically, his comment wasn't even accurate. Crown Point's percent of white students is lower because of the number of Hispanic students.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Whiting89 said:

I was shocked that thread was closed I didn’t see anything inappropriate.

maybe if you are on Facebook start a private group I have one for gambling and golf that has some pretty good content 

My readers can find me at The Region Sports Network.  Just Google and enter the messageboard room.  

3 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

I was shocked that thread was closed I didn’t see anything inappropriate.

maybe if you are on Facebook start a private group I have one for gambling and golf that has some pretty good content 

I assume it was shut down to ensure it wouldn't get there....since dude directed it at me I did a double take

22 minutes ago, DT said:

I will not acquiesce to the snowflake culture that permeates this forum

I may be one of the few one here that has kid in a large diverse high school....forums, schools, workplace.....its an interesting time.

8 minutes ago, BigBH said:

I may be one of the few one here that has kid in a large diverse high school....forums, schools, workplace.....its an interesting time.

Did I call you out somehow?   I'm confused.  Must have missed it.   Show me.  

Is this an airport? Bus or train station? I never understand the mindset of people wanting to announce their departures from social media sites....lol 

For a guy that hates what he calls the "bro culture" or the "look at me" type athletes; creating a "look at me" topic is not only funny, but ironic. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Disdain 2

Sorry you feel that way

In nowhere in you posts did it show any promotion of Indiana HS Football.   

You do you though. always have, and for the record, I simply asked to refrain from comparing school based on how many black athletes they have.  

If that makes me a snowflake, so be it, but I felt it was the correct call for where that rabbit hole was going.   

For the record, there was no threat of banning, or anything such.   A simple request was made by me, but go ahead create your standard Martyr complex, its your go to playbook.  

• Like 9