Edgewood  21  Mitchell  22

Booneville  42   Paoli  13

PC  35    Tell City  14

WW  18  Eastern  0

Silver Creek  35   Charlestown  14

Scottsburg   14   Clarksville  21

Brownstown  48  Corydon  12

North Harrison  14  Salem  35 

WW trails Pekin 16-14 at the half. Our Run defense is a struggle to say the least. WW has moved the ball but has 2 turnovers and ended of half at the 5. The runs to the SB have not worked. Lots of mental errors. Early season losing basically all the starters and new system. Lots of work to do. 

6 minutes ago, WWFan said:

WW leads 20-16. 9 min left. WW fumbled at the 4. Pekin returned the favor and fumbled at their own 20 as I was typing this. That is 4 fumbles for WW today

WW turnover on downs at the 1 again. Tough breaks today but Pekin playing well

3 minutes ago, WWFan said:

WW shooting themselves. Pekin driving had them stopped for a 4th and 8 and pick up a personal

WW holds on 20-16. Both teams with lots to clean up but team showed some grit in 2nd half. Mcpheeters Roberts and Chase all had good offensive plays. The speed of clarksville is next. Pekin much improved. 

6 minutes ago, WWFan said:

WW holds on 20-16. Both teams with lots to clean up but team showed some grit in 2nd half. Mcpheeters Roberts and Chase all had good offensive plays. The speed of clarksville is next. Pekin much improved. 

Thanks for all the updates. Appreciate it.

Crawford Beat Switzerland.

• Like 1

Congrats to all the winners last night.  Hopefully everyone came out of the night healthy.  How about Crawford?  Great win for that program, with just 18 kids on the roster.  Senators hang on to win.  Great adjustment defensively at the half.  Eastern has a solid team, much improved.  Both teams a little sloppy with turnovers and penalties, but a good game all around.  Salem, wow, I really thought that one could go either way but what do I know.  Lions looking good outta the gate.  NH I thought would be in the top conversation in the conference.  Creek vs Salem this week should be a good one.  

11 minutes ago, salemalumpres said:

Congrats to all the winners last night.  Hopefully everyone came out of the night healthy.  How about Crawford?  Great win for that program, with just 18 kids on the roster.  Senators hang on to win.  Great adjustment defensively at the half.  Eastern has a solid team, much improved.  Both teams a little sloppy with turnovers and penalties, but a good game all around.  Salem, wow, I really thought that one could go either way but what do I know.  Lions looking good outta the gate.  NH I thought would be in the top conversation in the conference.  Creek vs Salem this week should be a good one.  

100% shocked at that crawford score. The play Pekin next and will be a good measuring stick for them. Also great win for SV too. Look much improved from what I heard. Congrats to coach Lowe on win #1. 

Couldn’t sleep so I was scrolling through Facebook and see on the school page that West Washington will be going virtual and is canceling ALL sporting events. Really a huge bummer for the kids and staff that have put in so much time this summer. Looks like they will sit out Clarksville and Mitchell and come back with only 3 days to prepare for a tough Springs Valley team. 
Hoping that everyone stays healthy and numbers trend down. Rivalry aside, it’s sad see this happen. Hard to believe Covid is having more effect this year than last as far as cancelling events. Wishing the best to all the teams( except for the weeks we matchup). Play each game as if it is your last! 

7 hours ago, cloudofdust said:

Couldn’t sleep so I was scrolling through Facebook and see on the school page that West Washington will be going virtual and is canceling ALL sporting events. Really a huge bummer for the kids and staff that have put in so much time this summer. Looks like they will sit out Clarksville and Mitchell and come back with only 3 days to prepare for a tough Springs Valley team. 
Hoping that everyone stays healthy and numbers trend down. Rivalry aside, it’s sad see this happen. Hard to believe Covid is having more effect this year than last as far as cancelling events. Wishing the best to all the teams( except for the weeks we matchup). Play each game as if it is your last! 

I hate to hear that. As someone in a school, I can say we are seeing more positives in students this year. That is very anecdotal, but it is what we are seeing thus far. When you add the contact tracing to it, it makes it tough on kids. Add in the staff illness and quarantine issues, it's even more challenging. 

Standings after week 1:

Senator Fan: 7/9

Cloudofdust: 6/9

Billbybob: 6/9

PCFan1996: 6/9

JQWL: 5/9

Salemalumpres: 5/9

WWFan: 4/9

Boilerfan87: 4/9

Week 2 Pick 'em

Brownstown at Charlestown 

Eastern at Crawford County

North Harrison at Scottsburg 

Paoli at Corydon

Silver Creek at Salem 

Perry Central at Forest Park

Springs Valley at Mitchell 

Edited by boilerfan87

11 hours ago, cloudofdust said:

The only way they could play Springs Valley on the 10th is if their school allows them to practice before the return date of Sept. 7th. Although it is not spelled out in the message that practices are not allowed I think that is the case. The IHSAA will require them to have 4 practices before playing a game.

IHSAA bylaws

INTERPRETATION:

Days Missed                                  No. of Practices Required

8 to 14                                                              4

More than 14 consecutive                              6

My understanding is the board from WW is gonna meet before the 7th to re evaluate the situation?  The sad part of it is to my understanding the State has left it to the boards to make the decision.  Tough call for those people.  Hate it for Seniors that have to miss games, but understand the main objective has to be focused on keeping kids safe and healthy!!  I sure hope all the teams get to continue on with their seasons.