Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference HUDL Film Trade

10 hours ago, POTLUCK said:

How does the conference manage trades with opponents outside of the conference and during tournament time? Have there been issues with teams trading outside of the conference?

I have no idea how every team manages trades with opponents outside of the conference during the regular season. During the tournament you have to provide 2 game films of the opponents choice so I don't see an issue there.

1 hour ago, sr1 said:

I have no idea how every team manages trades with opponents outside of the conference during the regular season. During the tournament you have to provide 2 game films of the opponents choice so I don't see an issue there.

The question was geared towards out of conference opponents in the tournament and film from Hudl sent to them. That is what @POTLUCKwas getting at. 

So are you going to say that Southridge only had two game films of Mater Dei last time they played? Sorry, but I’m not buying that. 

Honestly, I don’t see the big deal, but some coaches can’t stand the thought of sharing film with a few clicks. Sure it feels good to meet at the 50 yard line before the game and swap VHS tapes. But I’m sure there were just as many extra dubbed copies floating around in those days too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

I would love to see all HNAC teams submit to a pool. Only sideline no end zone. I’d also like to see schools using a competent camera person and camera. These tablet uploads we get are terrible. 

You might as well submit it all.  If you don't give it to us, someone else will.  We should share all film. IF you don't share it all, there are ways to get it all. Someone always owes someone else a favor or has a connection.  I don't think we had any less then 6 films of any opponent we played in the playoffs.  Share it all, Endzone and sideline.   May the team that prepares the best win!!!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Coach P said:

You might as well submit it all.  If you don't give it to us, someone else will.  We should share all film. IF you don't share it all, there are ways to get it all. Someone always owes someone else a favor or has a connection.  I don't think we had any less then 6 films of any opponent we played in the playoffs.  Share it all, Endzone and sideline.   May the team that prepares the best win!!!

I tend to agree, but in all the time I've never seen another team share endzone film. While I'm complaining, I'd also like to see teams update stats on maxpreps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure many of us have been approached in the playoffs by an out of conference team wanting additional film on one of our in conference opponents.  How do you handle that?  Do you refuse to provide it out of some sort of conference loyalty?

10 hours ago, Coach P said:

This right here. There have been very few times when we haven't been able to get a film we want. Rivals of the team you're preparing for are also usually happy to give whatever they have. 😉

Edited by vicvinegar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, vicvinegar said:

This right here. There have been very few times when we haven't been able to get a film we want. Rivals of the team you're preparing for are also usually happy to give whatever they have. 😉

But if you have an in conference rival someone else wants film on....do you NOT provide it because conference loyalty is stronger than wanting to see your rival get beat LOL?  Regardless if they can get the film someplace else or not?

21 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

I tend to agree, but in all the time I've never seen another team share endzone film. While I'm complaining, I'd also like to see teams update stats on maxpreps.

Really? Rarely do we get a team who will not share endzone film...  its a fair trade, why would you not trade that?

16 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I'm sure many of us have been approached in the playoffs by an out of conference team wanting additional film on one of our in conference opponents.  How do you handle that?  Do you refuse to provide it out of some sort of conference loyalty?

Everyone has a connection or knows someone regardless of conference blood oaths. The other thing now is, that many of the games are on youtube or other streaming...   Just trade the film........ 

37 minutes ago, Coach P said:

Everyone has a connection or knows someone regardless of conference blood oaths. The other thing now is, that many of the games are on youtube or other streaming...   Just trade the film........ 

I get it....but I also miss the days when a conference affiliation meant more than a common schedule.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:52 AM, oldtimeqb said:

The question was geared towards out of conference opponents in the tournament and film from Hudl sent to them. That is what @POTLUCKwas getting at. 

So are you going to say that Southridge only had two game films of Mater Dei last time they played? Sorry, but I’m not buying that. 

Honestly, I don’t see the big deal, but some coaches can’t stand the thought of sharing film with a few clicks. Sure it feels good to meet at the 50 yard line before the game and swap VHS tapes. But I’m sure there were just as many extra dubbed copies floating around in those days too. 

Pretty obvious in the tournament that coaches are getting WAY more than last two weeks.  “How’d they know we run double passes when we haven’t ran it in 6 weeks?” 😂😂😂

On 2/3/2021 at 3:06 PM, Haines2010 said:

@FarmerFran if I send crappy film to teams, they know where they can find it in 4K. We are committed to broadcasting all of our games at Triton with that high resolution and get an announcer calling the numbers of the players making tackles and running the ball. 

No one wants to break down film off of a broadcast though. Then you have to sort through and sit through all of the crap in between plays. 

9 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

No one wants to break down film off of a broadcast though. Then you have to sort through and sit through all of the crap in between plays. 

As someone who used to go sit in rain, snow, sleet, or hail with a 3 ring binder to scout, I'll take doing the same thing off a streamed broadcast any day. 

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

As someone who used to go sit in rain, snow, sleet, or hail with a 3 ring binder to scout, I'll take doing the same thing off a streamed broadcast any day. 

But that's the point you don't have to do that now. Every school pays a mint to HUDL to avoid what you described and it is beneficial to all involved to submit useable film. 

That's like older generations making fun of kids for not knowing how to operate a rotary phone. Technology advancements make it so that you don't need to.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:43 PM, Purdue Pete said:

Pretty obvious in the tournament that coaches are getting WAY more than last two weeks.  “How’d they know we run double passes when we haven’t ran it in 6 weeks?” 😂😂😂

Teams get to request any 2 games so maybe they picked a game you did run double passes?