Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indy Spring College Showcase

14 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

What colleges will be attending this year?

It is to early to put a list together, with all of them playing currently.  I have been corresponding via email regularly, and will begin making phone calls to each school starting the Monday we come back from Spring Break.  I will post a list in this thread of all the schools that have confirmed on May 1st.  This is shaping up to be a smaller event, our numbers look to be in the 100-125 range for total attendance. 

On 3/16/2021 at 9:57 AM, gonzoron said:

I think BigBlowHard is beyond help.

back on March 10th below is what I responded to that clown DE....and of course he had nothing to respond.

sad you really have nothing to offer in terms of real world experience on this subject matter.

On 3/16/2021 at 9:34 AM, eschnur66 said:

It is to early to put a list together, with all of them playing currently.  I have been corresponding via email regularly, and will begin making phone calls to each school starting the Monday we come back from Spring Break.  I will post a list in this thread of all the schools that have confirmed on May 1st.  This is shaping up to be a smaller event, our numbers look to be in the 100-125 range for total attendance. 

too bad you have retired from responding, but I call BS on you having an accurate list on schools attending.  Let me repeat...a recent well known Indy area combine had three colleges attend....U Indy, Marion and Hanover.  This event will bitch slap anything you are putting together....fact!  Thats  obvious because you took a dump on your own event  by saying "smaller event".   As I said above earlier.....you wipe out D1......all other D2, D3 and NAIA don't give a damn until a kids senior year but you keep telling kids that are either pre pubescent or stand no chance playing beyond high school to my "college exposure camp" because "college recruiters on site".....with the college camps opening up in June.....why would a parent sign up for your scam when ISU, BSU, U indy....to name just a few are ready roll come 6/1?

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2021 at 8:34 AM, eschnur66 said:

I am sorry that you believe that I have done something wrong.  I contact EVERY college at the FCS level and below in Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky multiple times.  I apologize to no one for my record as a head coach, it is the result of mistakes I made plus circumstances that I was not prepared to deal with at that point in my career.  I have not only had kids that played on my teams come to the camps, I have driven players around the mid-west to events like the U-Indy Mega camp, Lindenwood Mega camp, Best of the Midwest, as well as indy showcase events at both Indiana and Purdue to hopefully help to get them opportunities to play in college.  Every year of my tenure at Bosse, we had at least one player get an opportunity to leave Evansville and move on to play football in college.  So throw your shade, it is fine, my record is what it is.  We have had at least ten colleges represented at every one of our events over the last few years.  I am peddling nothing but facts.  Thank you for researching me, I find it flattering that you care about me so much.  I do not have to defend myself, and will not be responding again.  We run an event that is designed to help those who want to be helped.  It costs money to run and my time is worth something as well.  No one has ever been forced to attend one of these events.

Thank you coach!  I appreciate your support and knowing that there are good folks out here fighting to get their kids every chance possible to be successful later in life!

"care about me so much"....actually I don't give a damn about you but the great thing about Google and some dude from the Evansville paper cared about you for maybe a minute.  If I smell a rat I at least want to make sure a rat is..................................well a rat

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I have quite a bit of real world experience handling blow hards, what are you talking about?

"handling blow hards"....if you have some experience with your own kid or others when it comes to college football recruiting, showcase camps, combines, campus game day visits etc....I'm sure my 9-43 friend could use the advice on selling it more in the final crunch time weeks.....my man and his "coaches" either make some decent scratch or they don't.....clock is ticking

Edited by BigBH
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2021 at 8:34 AM, eschnur66 said:

I am sorry that you believe that I have done something wrong.  I contact EVERY college at the FCS level and below in Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky multiple times.  I apologize to no one for my record as a head coach, it is the result of mistakes I made plus circumstances that I was not prepared to deal with at that point in my career.  I have not only had kids that played on my teams come to the camps, I have driven players around the mid-west to events like the U-Indy Mega camp, Lindenwood Mega camp, Best of the Midwest, as well as indy showcase events at both Indiana and Purdue to hopefully help to get them opportunities to play in college.  Every year of my tenure at Bosse, we had at least one player get an opportunity to leave Evansville and move on to play football in college.  So throw your shade, it is fine, my record is what it is.  We have had at least ten colleges represented at every one of our events over the last few years.  I am peddling nothing but facts.  Thank you for researching me, I find it flattering that you care about me so much.  I do not have to defend myself, and will not be responding again.  We run an event that is designed to help those who want to be helped.  It costs money to run and my time is worth something as well.  No one has ever been forced to attend one of these events.

Thank you coach!  I appreciate your support and knowing that there are good folks out here fighting to get their kids every chance possible to be successful later in life!

so is it 21 or 10?  your words not mine?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BigBH said:

so is it 21 or 10?  your words not mine?

Mr. BigBH,

Our December showcase was attended by the following schools.  

• UIndy
  • Marian
  • St. Francis
  • Olivet Nazerene
  • Lawerence Tech
  • North Central College
  • Olivet (Michigan)
  • Trine
  • Anderson
  • Depauw
  • Franklin
  • Hanover
  • Manchester
  • North Park University

At previous showcases we have also had these other schools attend

• Mount Union
  • Mt. St. Joseph
  • Kentucky Christian
  • Indiana Wesleyan
  • Kentucky Wesleyan
  • Lindsey Wilson
  • Millikan
  • Hocking College
  • Union College, KY

Our May event is going to be smaller than the showcase that was held in December.  More like 100 players rather than 300.  If there is a nearly equal or even potentially larger turnout of colleges that are in attendance, that means much more opportunity to be seen.  

I have no problem if you do not like the showcase system.  It might not be for you.  But it does work for some kids and all we are doing, as I have said before, is providing an opportunity.  Not one athlete has ever been forced to attend.  

I will post the names of the schools that I have gotten confirmation from for the INDY spring showcase on May 1st.  

By the way, My name is Eric Schnur.  I put it in my tag so that people know who I am.  My record is 9-43, but for me it is just a reminder that things don't always turn out the way you intended.  It is motivation to be better today and in the future.  It does not define me, my last name does.  I took a job that NO ONE else wanted, and I did it at a time when I was not fully prepared for what came along with it.  I poured my heart into that job, and resigned when I felt I was out of potntial answers for the questons that were popping up.  You said you, don't give a damn about me," but you are the one that looked me up.  When I say college coaches are on sight, I mean that. We have never hosted a showcase that did not have at least ten.  We have had as many as 21 at a single event.  You should talk to some college coaches about who they recruit and when they start looking at them.  I think that you might find your perception to be a bit off.

Thank you,

Coach Schnur

• Like 5

On 3/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, eschnur66 said:

Mr. BigBH,

Our December showcase was attended by the following schools.  

• UIndy
  • Marian
  • St. Francis
  • Olivet Nazerene
  • Lawerence Tech
  • North Central College
  • Olivet (Michigan)
  • Trine
  • Anderson
  • Depauw
  • Franklin
  • Hanover
  • Manchester
  • North Park University

At previous showcases we have also had these other schools attend

• Mount Union
  • Mt. St. Joseph
  • Kentucky Christian
  • Indiana Wesleyan
  • Kentucky Wesleyan
  • Lindsey Wilson
  • Millikan
  • Hocking College
  • Union College, KY

Our May event is going to be smaller than the showcase that was held in December.  More like 100 players rather than 300.  If there is a nearly equal or even potentially larger turnout of colleges that are in attendance, that means much more opportunity to be seen.  

I have no problem if you do not like the showcase system.  It might not be for you.  But it does work for some kids and all we are doing, as I have said before, is providing an opportunity.  Not one athlete has ever been forced to attend.  

I will post the names of the schools that I have gotten confirmation from for the INDY spring showcase on May 1st.  

By the way, My name is Eric Schnur.  I put it in my tag so that people know who I am.  My record is 9-43, but for me it is just a reminder that things don't always turn out the way you intended.  It is motivation to be better today and in the future.  It does not define me, my last name does.  I took a job that NO ONE else wanted, and I did it at a time when I was not fully prepared for what came along with it.  I poured my heart into that job, and resigned when I felt I was out of potntial answers for the questons that were popping up.  You said you, don't give a damn about me," but you are the one that looked me up.  When I say college coaches are on sight, I mean that. We have never hosted a showcase that did not have at least ten.  We have had as many as 21 at a single event.  You should talk to some college coaches about who they recruit and when they start looking at them.  I think that you might find your perception to be a bit off.

Thank you,

Coach Schnur

You seem to have some fascination with yourself and me you looking you up.....are you really that stupid?  If I am scratching out 60-110 for my kid to attend your show why would I not look you up?  I want to know who is providing instruction to my kid?  what are your qualifications?  Tom Allen, Brohm, U Indy etc.....we get that....bro you are scrub....sorry to say that its fact.....if you can make a few bucks on the side go for it we all have bills to pay.  Personally my family situation your crap show is not needed because the direct communication with college colleges has been happening for a while.....I just can't resist f$&@*** with you.

11 hours ago, BigBH said:

Personally my family situation your crap show is not needed because the direct communication with college colleges has been happening for a while

All colleges need Team Managers. No camps required to carry the water.

Edited by gonzoron

15 hours ago, BigBH said:

You seem to have some fascination with yourself and me you looking you up.....are you really that stupid?  If I am scratching out 60-110 for my kid to attend your show why would I not look you up?  I want to know who is providing instruction to my kid?  what are your qualifications?  Tom Allen, Brohm, U Indy etc.....we get that....bro you are scrub....sorry to say that its fact.....if you can make a few bucks on the side go for it we all have bills to pay.  Personally my family situation your crap show is not needed because the direct communication with college colleges has been happening for a while.....I just can't resist f$&@*** with you.

We have great positiin coaches from programs all over the state of Indiana. Guys who have played at Purdue, UIndy, Marian, St. Francis, etc. We are not providing instruction.  Our coaches are facilitating drills which will allow the athletes to move and compete for the college coaches that are on the field in attendance. There are opportunities for critique, but that is not the purpose of the event. It is about getting reps. It is a showcase, not a camp. If your kids do not need to attend events like this, that is great. Fantastic for them. Thanks again for not caring so much that you have helped to keep this advertisement at the top of the list.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eschnur66 said:

We have great positiin coaches from programs all over the state of Indiana. Guys who have played at Purdue, UIndy, Marian, St. Francis, etc. We are not providing instruction.  Our coaches are facilitating drills which will allow the athletes to move and compete for the college coaches that are on the field in attendance. There are opportunities for critique, but that is not the purpose of the event. It is about getting reps. It is a showcase, not a camp. If your kids do not need to attend events like this, that is great. Fantastic for them. Thanks again for not caring so much that you have helped to keep this advertisement at the top of the list.  

Can't wait to hear how this awesome opportunity turns out for all the kids.  There is so many awesome people that make that event happen.  

Unfortunately, the world is full of negative people who love to be extremely ugly toward other people.  It appears the GID was found by one of those people.  

Coach, know you have tremendous support from many people on the board here.  Keep it up.

Days ago, I chose not to even interact with that poster.  VERY refreshing.

@gonzoronand I do not see eye to eye on many things, LOL, but we both agree you are doing great work here.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DE said:

Can't wait to hear how this awesome opportunity turns out for all the kids.  There is so many awesome people that make that event happen.  

Unfortunately, the world is full of negative people who love to be extremely ugly toward other people.  It appears the GID was found by one of those people.  

Coach, know you have tremendous support from many people on the board here.  Keep it up.

Days ago, I chose not to even interact with that poster.  VERY refreshing.

@gonzoronand I do not see eye to eye on many things, LOL, but we both agree you are doing great work here.  

Thank you so much! Yoursupport is greatly appreciated!

Seems like a waste back in the day in the region we had a recruiting fair at merrillville high school that was free. Like big bh say recruiting for small colleges don’t pick up till senior year. More than likely good grades would get you into more smaller school then ability. 

• 1 month later...

We are a week away from the showcase at Westfield and our numbers are right where we hoped they would be. There are still spots available, and we are excited for a great event.  We have been making lots of contacts to schools around the midwest and are excited to have some new schools that are going to be attending.  Here are the schools that have let us know that they are sending someone to recruit the event!

• UINDY
  • Kentucky Weslyan
  • McKendree
  • Marian
  • St. Francis
  • Indiana Weslyan
  • Taylor
  • Olivet Nazarene
  • Lawerence Tech
  • Missouri Baptist
  • Hanover
  • Franklin
  • Trine
  • Depauw
  • Anderson

Eric

Will The Gridiron Digest be sending a correspondent to cover this event?  This is a great way to get The GID more exposure and viewed by more readers.

4 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

We are a week away from the showcase at Westfield and our numbers are right where we hoped they would be. There are still spots available, and we are excited for a great event.  We have been making lots of contacts to schools around the midwest and are excited to have some new schools that are going to be attending.  Here are the schools that have let us know that they are sending someone to recruit the event!

• UINDY
  • Kentucky Weslyan
  • McKendree
  • Marian
  • St. Francis
  • Indiana Weslyan
  • Taylor
  • Olivet Nazarene
  • Lawerence Tech
  • Missouri Baptist
  • Hanover
  • Franklin