Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Super Bowl LV - What’s For Dinner?

Bobref

The Big Game Sunday has many interesting story lines. But I’m always interested in what people are chowing down on, to match the excess that is [usually] the Super Bowl. I’ll be brining, then smoking, about 10# of wings, finishing under the broiler to crisp them up. Two homemade sauces: sweet Thai chili and a raspberry habanero that will get - and keep - your attention. Augmented by a nice, chunky blue cheese dipping sauce.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bobref said:

The Big Game Sunday has many interesting story lines. But I’m always interested in what people are chowing down on, to match the excess that is [usually] the Super Bowl. I’ll be brining, then smoking, about 10# of wings, finishing under the broiler to crisp them up. Two homemade sauces: sweet Thai chili and a raspberry habanero that will get - and keep - your attention. Augmented by a nice, chunky blue cheese dipping sauce.

@Irishman and I are still waiting for the address. 

• Like 1

I rarely watch the Super Bowl unless the Bears are involved, and thats rare.   Im an NFC fan and youve got to like the Brady storyline so Ill be pulling for the Bucs.

Will be cooking up a nice ribeye on the stovetop 

Enjoy

On 2/5/2021 at 3:45 PM, Irishman said:

I have a frozen Malnati's pizza in the freezer, since there is no restaurant nearby. I will throw that in the oven. I'd be in heaven if I had some of their bruschetta for a warm up. 

You're livin' large!😎

I seldom watch a Super Bowl from beginning to end but I've watched the game tonight.  The commercials have been as disappointing as the game.

On 2/7/2021 at 8:20 AM, DT said:

I rarely watch the Super Bowl unless the Bears are involved, and thats rare.   Im an NFC fan and youve got to like the Brady storyline so Ill be pulling for the Bucs.

Will be cooking up a nice ribeye on the stovetop 

Enjoy

I watched more of the game than I usually do.  The Bucs looked physically bigger and stronger than KC at almost every position.  That is a tough hard nosed football team.  Really like the way that utilize all facets offensively with Fournette, Gronk and their wideouts.  Brady is so smooth you sometimes forget hes out here running the show.  

Arians has set up his two assistants (Leftwich and Bowles) for HC positions.  Leftwich could be a very good one IMO.

7 minutes ago, DT said:

I watched more of the game than I usually do.  The Bucs looked physically bigger and stronger than KC at almost every position.  That is a tough hard nosed football team.  Really like the way that utilize all facets offensively with Fournette, Gronk and their wideouts.  Brady is so smooth you sometimes forget hes out here running the show.  

Arians has set up his two assistants (Leftwich and Bowles) for HC positions.  Leftwich could be a very good one IMO.

How was the ribeye?

11 minutes ago, DT said:

With Brady, yep.

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I agree...the conflict between Brady and the coaches was noticeable early in the season. When they finally turned Brady loose, it was clear he was in control of the offense. 

Yep.

I think Leftwich's best plan would be to stay w Arians as long as he can.  Arians reminds me a lot of Phil Jackson.  Is a quality coach that hires good assistants and can manage many different divas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

How was the ribeye?

Switched plans and made homemade spaghetti, one of my favorites.

1 29oz can Hunts Sauce

1 12oz can Hunts Paste

1IB Kroger Lean Ground Beef

Chopped onions and green peppers

Garlic Salt

Pepper

2 table spoons sugar

Basil and Oregano

1 hour ago, DT said:

Switched plans and made homemade spaghetti, one of my favorites.

1 29oz can Hunts Sauce

1 12oz can Hunts Paste

1IB Kroger Lean Ground Beef

Chopped onions and green peppers

Garlic Salt

Pepper

2 table spoons sugar

Basil and Oregano

Sounds great ... unless your taste buds were expecting ribeye.