Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

I have a feeling where this is going to go

4 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I'm wondering is there are any female high school coaching or any  female high school officials in Indiana.

I don't know of any so please let's give them some recognition

Misty has been assistant at WW for 7 years. Last year was listed as QB/K/DB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I'm wondering is there are any female high school coaching or any  female high school officials in Indiana.

I don't know of any so please let's give them some recognition

I am not sure about head/assistant coaches in football (maybe Jeanette Gray is still coaching), but there was a female assistant for the Tri-County Men's hoops team today.  

I have worked w/ a few female officials in basketball (both men and women games).  One of them has STAR written all over her.  She is one of the best officials out there.  I have also worked w/ 1 female official in football.

3 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Somewhere bad. 

Why?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Then why post it like that?  How about assuming the good in people and giving them a shot to answer your question instead of assuming they are bad and will derail the topic?

Man, some people in 2020/21...

In general.

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

Have you dealt with a good portion of people?

Yeah but I believe in the spirit of assuming someone is a good person and for them to have to do something negative in order to change my mind.

Do you walk around daily searching for negative people and then forcing them to prove otherwise to you?

Sad life you must live.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

and we have gone off the rails

You asked for it.  You placed it on a tee for people.

No, I haven’t had the pleasure of coming across a female coach or official in my time as a fan of the sport...but if I do?

GREAT.  AWESOME.  AMAZING.  A damn cool thing.

Probably not the answer you were “hoping for” though huh?

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

No, I haven’t had the pleasure of coming across a female coach or official in my time as a fan of the sport...but if I do?

Kinda my thinking a bit. Title set it up. But still got 2 answers thread related above and nothing about that

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Do you walk around daily searching for negative people and then forcing them to prove otherwise to you?

No, I just sit back and watch. I don't see many negative people, I just see people. I don't grant presumption of good or bad intent, at most I grant presumption of ignorance. 

1 minute ago, DanteEstonia said:

No, I just sit back and watch. I don't see many negative people, I just see people. I don't grant presumption of good or bad intent, at most I grant presumption of ignorance. 

Such an elitist you are.  Thanks for gracing us with your presence on this board.  We are damn lucky.

Now, how about answering the question?

12 hours ago, temptation said:

Quite the contrary, I believe we need good coaches and officials period.  It was just with the first female official in the super bowl, I was curious where Indiana stands.

Continuing with the theme, I was coaching a high school basketball game and one of the officials made some calls against our team.  Our head coach get pretty upset and let the ref have it.

He was wondering why he didn't respond to him at all (he wanted to get in his ear about a couple of things).  We discovered he was deaf.

Good on the official.  May not need as thick of skin.

13 hours ago, temptation said:

No, I haven’t had the pleasure of coming across a female coach or official in my time as a fan of the sport...

There are a few female high school football officials, but not very many. We could use more. From my limited observation, female officials represent quite a challenge in their “interactions” with coaches. Generally speaking, the female officials I have seen get treated with kid gloves by coaches. So we need lots more of them. 😆

1 hour ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Quite the contrary, I believe we need good coaches and officials period.  It was just with the first female official in the super bowl, I was curious where Indiana stands.

Continuing with the theme, I was coaching a high school basketball game and one of the officials made some calls against our team.  Our head coach get pretty upset and let the ref have it.

He was wondering why he didn't respond to him at all (he wanted to get in his ear about a couple of things).  We discovered he was deaf.

Good on the official.  May not need as thick of skin.

Then try harder with your thread title next time...

My last season at Bosse we had a female official begin doing games in Evansville.  She did a great job, and hopefully will be holding the door so to speak for more women in the future.  I actually believe 5that there is some great benefit to not having played the game as an official.  So long as you do your homework, it removes some of the bias that exists with those who have played.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

My last season at Bosse we had a female official begin doing games in Evansville.  She did a great job, and hopefully will be holding the door so to speak for more women in the future.  I actually believe 5that there is some great benefit to not having played the game as an official.  So long as you do your homework, it removes some of the bias that exists with those who have played.

There are also tremendous opportunities for advancement for women, potentially a faster track than their male counterparts, as officiating gets more diverse. It’s not so much how you get the opportunity. It’s what you do with it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bobref said:

There are also tremendous opportunities for advancement for women, potentially a faster track than their male counterparts, as officiating gets more diverse. It’s not so much how you get the opportunity. It’s what you do with it.

I get what you are saying Bob, but that statement is so wrong and not right.  Getting advanced b/c of gender or race is not correct.  The best should advance.

9 hours ago, DE said:

I get what you are saying Bob, but that statement is so wrong and not right.  Getting advanced b/c of gender or race is not correct.  The best should advance.

In a perfect world, advancement would depend on proficiency, and nothing else. But until we get there, other factors have to be taken into account, like historical barriers that exist without regard to ability. We need officials. Women are an untapped resource. Advancing women -with ability - on a faster track than their male counterparts is a recruiting tool, and justified on that basis alone. The tricky part is balancing that fast track with not putting people in over their heads, setting them up for failure.

• Like 2