Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

OFFICIAL GID Super Bowl 55 Thread

temptation

We’ve seen what’s on the menu, now what do you foresee on the field in Tampa today?

I posted a few weeks back that the blueprint to beat Kansas City is:

1.  Limit their offense to fewer than 10 possessions by controlling the clock with your running game.

2.  Score TDs every time you get in the red zone.

3.  Force at least 1 turnover and score off of it.

4.  Have a little bit of luck.

5.  Hold them to field goals whenever possible.

That being said, Tampa has feasted off of turnovers so far this postseason but Mahomes is just too damn good.

Gimme Chiefs 34-23.

Edited by temptation

Oh God of the Gridiron, today is Your Day.

First, we give thanks for last weekend’s great victory, as your mighty right arm TB12 carried your justice into the den of iniquity that is Lame-Bow, and struck down the dog-ass Pack and their evil sorcerer, A-rog. We ask that, in your infinite mercy,  you get some tickets for A-rog... so that he can get back to the Super Bowl once more in his career.

But now, Lord, we come to you with an even greater ask. The upstart Mahomey, and his henchmen, led by the infamous Andy “Not so thin as a” Reed, invade your sacred ground in Tampa. Oh Lord, let your ambassador in this world, TB12, once again call down the lightning on the young pretender, so as to instruct him in your most important Commandment: THOU SHALT HUMBLE THYSELF BEFORE BRADY!!! You created the football world in only 7 glorious days. Now we implore you to bless your faithful champion, TB12, with his 7th ring, symbolizing the triumph of football good over football “I’m in a hurry to be the greatest of all time.”

Amen.

• Haha 1

So defensive holding is a thing? Huh

While KC is not helping themselves, that last drive was the league’s going away gift to Brady. Exactly like the end of the first half in Green Bay. 

Sorry, but as great as Brady actually is, things like this bug me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Irishman said:

While KC is not helping themselves, that last drive was the league’s going away gift to Brady. Exactly like the end of the first half in Green Bay. 

16/20, 140 yards, 3 TDs

18 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Yes, I’m sure the crew was instructed to give Brady a “going away gift.” Except, he’s not going anywhere. Why should he?

image.png

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Can’t believe the refs missed that tackle of Fournette...then they had the nerve to intercept that ball thrown into double coverage!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DE said:

@Bobrefwhy do the line judges change at quarters?  1st and 3rd, the lady LJ is on TB’s sideline (bottom of screen). 2nd quarter she was on the KC sideline (top of screen). 

To avoid issues where officials are perceived to favor the team on their sideline in their decisions. So, they end up having to work on both sidelines.

9 minutes ago, Bobref said:

To avoid issues where officials are perceived to favor the team on their sideline in their decisions. So, they end up having to work on both sidelines.

I like it. Looks like they switched at halftime.   She is still on the TB sideline. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

16/20, 140 yards, 3 TDs

You forgot to include 95 yards to 0 yards in your halftime stats.  Tampa Bay received their first penalty with 2:35 left in the third quarter.  All three TB first half TD's were aided by questionable db calls.

BTW, I don't care who wins the game.  I do admit I dislike Tommy and always will.  But most Indy fans also dislike him.

13 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

You forgot to include 95 yards to 0 yards in your halftime stats.  Tampa Bay received their first penalty with 2:35 left in the third quarter.  All three TB first half TD's were aided by questionable db calls.

BTW, I don't care who wins the game.  I do admit I dislike Tommy and always will.  But most Indy fans also dislike him.

The weren't gettin' their butts kicked in the first half when the penalty yardage was 95-0.  I know you're protective of your brothers but most of the db penalties were suspect at best.  

STAY SAFE!

• 16 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

That last post was meant for you, Bob.  I've lost my touch around here it seems.😉

16 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I also forgot the sure fire TD pass that hit the OL in the face before the 4th down stop.

I was being so nice too.

At least you admitted your bias in the last paragraph.

Don't let your hatred of the mind blind you to this blood letting.

OK, just my opinion. But from this point forward, if you even hint that there is a reasonable argument that Brady is not the GOAT, you lose every shred of football credibility you might otherwise have. Simply astonishing.

image.png.8ab0499eeb324daff4d17e1e8df1e2e6.png

Edited by Bobref

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

OK, just my opinion. But from this point forward, if you even hint that there is a reasonable argument that Brady is not the GOAT, you lose every shred of football credibility you might otherwise have. Simply astonishing.

But, the refs...

21 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

The weren't gettin' their butts kicked in the first half when the penalty yardage was 95-0.  I know you're protective of your brothers but most of the db penalties were suspect at best.  

STAY SAFE!

• That last post was meant for you, Bob.  I've lost my touch around here it seems.😉

I call it like I see it. I called out the officials in the ND/Alabama game when ND scored a TD and they muffed the call, negating the TD. 

Bob is right. KC has nobody to blame but themselves w those penalties. 

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

I also forgot the sure fire TD pass that hit the OL in the face before the 4th down stop.

I was being so nice too.

At least you admitted your bias in the last paragraph.

Don't let your hatred of the mind blind you to this blood letting.

That was caused by a GREAT defensive play. You know that too.