Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

People are stupid......

swordfish

A Louisiana woman who went viral after struggling to remove Gorilla Glue from her hair claims that neither the hospital nor the company’s advice helped remove the hardened adhesive

I heard this story on the way into the office this morning and thought "well that was dumb".......news this afternoon is she is suing the glue company because "while the product’s label warns against using on eyes, skin or clothing, it does not mention hair"  

Seriously - I hate to laugh because I feel bad for the gal, but reading the story of her hair being "stuck in place for a month" was priceless......

SF believes this is the catalyst for a "Stupid People" thread to start.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/08/womans-gorilla-glue-hair-horror-gets-stickier/

A Louisiana woman who went viral after struggling to remove Gorilla Glue from her hair claims that neither the hospital nor the company’s advice helped remove the hardened adhesive.

Now she’s considering a lawsuit to get out of the sticky situation, according to TMZ.

Tessica Brown hired an attorney and is weighing litigation against Gorilla Glue, because while the product’s label warns against using on eyes, skin or clothing, it does not mention hair, the outlet reports.

During Brown’s weekend trip to the ER, health care workers put acetone on the back of her head, but instead of getting to the root of the problem, it burned her scalp and only made the glue gooey before hardening back up, according to TMZ.

Gorilla Glue is aware of the dilemma, and tweeted a statement reading: “We are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident that Miss Brown experienced using our Spray Adhesive on her hair. We are glad to see in her recent video that Miss Brown has received medical treatment from her local medical facility and wish her the best.”

The company goes on to reiterate that its product “is not indicated for use in or on hair as it is considered permanent.”

Brown posted last week that her hair had been stuck in place for a month after she ran out of her usual hair product and opted to use the extra-strong superglue instead.

gorilla-glue-hair-hospital-2.jpg

10 hours ago, Bobref said:

Our society is standing Darwinism on its head. This person should not have survived long enough to pass along any of those traits.

It's been like that for a long time, Bob. 

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

I will admit (as a man who uses various hair products daily to keep his hair in place) that having a product that keeps your hair in place for A MONTH or more may have it's upside.......🤣

Tbh, I keep my hair the same length as my beard anymore. 

• Haha 1