Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  46 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Governor: Transgender athletes will 'destroy women's sports'

Muda69

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan said:

This question still show the inequality in sports. Take the question that you just asked and make it any girls sports. You will get an astounding 100% NO and with merit because how would this be fair to young women athletes? To answer your question the PC answer is yes they can all play no matter their gender, but if that is the case what is stopping our teenage boys from playing girls sports without being transgender? 

Back in the 1970s (my high school days) Some of the South Bend schools had boys on their volleyball team (one was state champs and one was runner up).

There was a lot of backlash back then.  I know there was a South Bend Tribune article on that.  

By 1980, no boys were playing volleyball as far as I know.

2 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Back in the 1970s (my high school days) Some of the South Bend schools had boys on their volleyball team (one was state champs and one was runner up).

There was a lot of backlash back then.  I know there was a South Bend Tribune article on that.  

By 1980, no boys were playing volleyball as far as I know.

Key word is Backlash, in the 1970's there could be backlash. As we see today if my comments were to be screenshot and posted on social media out of context I could very well lose my job for being transphobic, or at the very least I would be "Cancelled" and for what? Being an advocate for women's sports? That's why I said it is a slippery slope. I would love some data on this, but from the eye test it feels as if some women's sports are still male dominated (coaches and officials) the transgender argument makes some in those sports question the point of girls even playing anymore. I say this having sat in our a girls basketball meeting one in which almost the entire staff is female.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachRippy said:

When God made man and woman, he made them different and he did not say if you don't like who you are you can choose which sex you wish to be.  This entire transgender issue is not only immoral it is sickening.  Those little boys who truly feel the need to compete as females are shallow and selfish and they should not be allowed to compete against girls, PERIOD!  It's a shame that we have allowed our liberal government to rule who should be allowed to participate in which sports or your funds will be cut off.  Why don't those idiot politicians worry about running the country and not ruining athletics.

Coach Rippy Morales

It’s great we have someone on here with a direct pipeline to the divine mindset. That’s not conviction. That’s arrogance.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bobref said:

It’s great we have someone on here with a direct pipeline to the divine mindset. That’s not conviction. That’s arrogance.

I was trying to count the number of world religion followers I've had sitting in my classes.  I can think of at least 6, possibly 8.  I wonder which of them is wrong.   It has only been recently when any of them (their parents) have given me a paper on what I have to be careful on what to say in class.  

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoachRippy said:

No arrogance coach just God's word...

Would that be the New Testament or Old Testament God?  The one that taught the Beatitudes and to love your neighbor and enemy?  I've always wondered, especially lately.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

Would that be the New Testament or Old Testament God?  The one that taught the Beatitudes and to love your neighbor and enemy?  I've always wondered, especially lately.  

You get to pick and choose. Organized religion has a God for every occasion.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That’s what the Crusaders said. And during the Inquisition. There’s never any shortage of those willing to wrap intolerance in the cloak of religion.

🤣

50 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Isn't that what this guy if for, for Catholics?  

image.jpeg.033648dc2e52b0ee7082e2643c870c63.jpeg

Edited by DE

We are missing the point of this argument again. This is not about God right now it is about if it is fair for Transgender athletes and if this is detrimental to women's sports. If you want to argument the more and biblical aspect then take that to OOB but come on this is crazy that we can't keep this on topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Back to the volleyball comment mentioned above. Since the IHSAA does not have organized men's volleyball can men join the volleyball team? Women can play football but for most other sports there is a gendered split (basketball, golf, etc.) 

I feel like Men's volleyball should be offered, and then add another women's sport (Field Hockey or Women's Lacrosse)

6 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Back to the volleyball comment mentioned above. Since the IHSAA does not have organized men's volleyball can men join the volleyball team? Women can play football but for most other sports there is a gendered split (basketball, golf, etc.) 

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan said:

I feel like Men's volleyball should be offered, and then add another women's sport (Field Hockey or Women's Lacrosse)

These would be pertinent to this Topic if the athlete was male to female transgendered.

9 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

These would be pertinent to this Topic if the athlete was male to female transgendered.

How would you handle the transgender issue in sports? If my answer is not pertinent to the argument please let me know what is the correct way to speak on this topic.

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan said:

How would you handle the transgender issue in sports? If my answer is not pertinent to the argument please let me know what is the correct way to speak on this topic.

To speak on this topic in this Forum, the transgendered athletes playing football on Women's Indiana High School Football teams should be discussed.

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

To speak on this topic in this Forum, the transgendered athletes playing football on Women's Indiana High School Football teams should be discussed.

So in other words we this topic needs to be locked and ended... Got It.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan said:

To answer your question the PC answer is yes they can all play no matter their gender, but if that is the case what is stopping our teenage boys from playing girls sports without being transgender? 

In some cases, I think “being transgender” is simply a declaration.  No surgery, no hormone treatment, etc.....at least not initially.  That, obviously, is a problem for women’s athletics.

Even following surgery, treatment, etc., it’s still problematic for women’s sports.

I recognize that this whole thing is extremely complicated (I’ve been reading speculative fiction about this for decades and folks can’t begin to imagine just where this takes us societally) and that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg as to how it relates to the greater society BUT an easy call has to be that women’s sports are limited to biological women.  

If it’s not, then we may just as well get rid of women’s sports in their entirety because it becomes meaningless.  

With that, it appears that the best alternative is that we we add Transexual categories of sports all to themselves.

If some women or trans men want to play “up” in Men’s sports that’s fine by me.  But the reverse is an easy “No”.

Honestly, I don’t care what people do with their bodies, who they sleep with, who or what they love so long as they don’t look at me to pay for it. 

Otherwise, people can do whatever the Hell they want regardless of my personal belief or opinion.

To be clear, lest someone mistake this as coming from some “kumbaya” place of great tolerance or love on my part, it’s not.  It’s cold-hearted, curmudgeonly ambivalence. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lysander said:

In some cases, I think “being transgender” is simply a declaration.  No surgery, no hormone treatment, etc.....at least not initially.  That, obviously, is a problem for women’s athletics.

Even following surgery, treatment, etc., it’s still problematic for women’s sports.

I recognize that this whole thing is extremely complicated (I’ve been reading speculative fiction about this for decades and folks can’t begin to imagine just where this takes us societally) and that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg as to how it relates to the greater society BUT an easy call has to be that women’s sports are limited to biological women.  

If it’s not, then we may just as well get rid of women’s sports in their entirety because it becomes meaningless.  

With that, it appears that the best alternative is that we we add Transexual categories of sports all to themselves.

If some women or trans men want to play “up” in Men’s sports that’s fine by me.  But the reverse is an easy “No”.

Honestly, I don’t care what people do with their bodies, who they sleep with, who or what they love so long as they don’t look at me to pay for it. 

Otherwise, people can do whatever the Hell they want regardless of my personal belief or opinion.

To be clear, lest someone mistake this as coming from some “kumbaya” place of great tolerance or love on my part, it’s not.  It’s cold-hearted, curmudgeonly ambivalence. 

You said it better then I could. But I agree with this and I spoke with my wife at length about this at lunch she coaches girls basketball and she thinks that what you said is probably the best way to approach this, its not perfect but it is a start. 

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan said:

We are missing the point of this argument again. This is not about God right now it is about if it is fair for Transgender athletes and if this is detrimental to women's sports. If you want to argument the more and biblical aspect then take that to OOB but come on this is crazy that we can't keep this on topic.

Some are.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

You have provided nothing of value to this conversation other than saying it should be moved to the OOB. Thank you for being so vigilant in policing the site and protecting us from non thread relevant dangers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

There are some schools playing boys volleyball up in the region, small schools that don't have football.

And I know there is boys club volleyball in the Muncie area.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

You have provided nothing of value to this conversation other than saying it should be moved to the OOB. Thank you for being so vigilant in policing the site and protecting us from non thread relevant dangers.

LOL.

3 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

There are some schools playing boys volleyball up in the region, small schools that don't have football.

And I know there is boys club volleyball in the Muncie area.

Correct.  The PCC comes to mind.

My son's middle school (DeMotte Christian) has a (roughly) 3 week spring boy's volleyball season.  The boy's love it.  They have a blast.  It has also worked as an officiating recruiting tool (me).