Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  46 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Governor: Transgender athletes will 'destroy women's sports'

Muda69

34 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

You have provided nothing of value to this conversation other than saying it should be moved to the OOB. Thank you for being so vigilant in policing the site and protecting us from non thread relevant dangers.

You're welcome. Always happy to keep things here all about Football. 

Back on topic, how many transgenders does Pioneer have on their women's football team?

Edited by gonzoron

11 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

You're welcome. Always happy to keep things here all about Football. 

Back on topic, how many transgenders does Pioneer have on their women's football team?

How many does Hamilton Heights?  Howe Military?

Nice to know we have you as the forum cop.  

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

How many does Hamilton Heights? 

Hamilton Heights doesn't have a Women's Football team.

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Howe Military?

Howe Military doesn't have any teams. They closed at the end of the 2019 school year.

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Nice to know we have you as the forum cop.

Thank you for your support.

5 minutes ago, Obi-Wan said:

So the only reason we should talk about this is if Indiana beings to offer High School Women's football. That is the only way this can be relevant?

I don't think that is what he meant. What he is saying, and I agree, is that this particular part of this website is reserved for high school football topics. While this particular topic creates a lot of good discussion, it is better suited to be had in Muda's playground, aka the OOB 2.0 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Hamilton Heights doesn't have a Women's Football team.

Howe Military doesn't have any teams. They closed at the end of the 2019 school year.

Thank you for your support.

What about a men's team?  

Image result for bazinga

Oh yeah, I forgot, HH does.  My bad.  Since you don't send unsolicited, bragging messages about your son anymore, I almost forgot.

• Sit and spin 1

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I don't think that is what he meant. What he is saying, and I agree, is that this particular part of this website is reserved for high school football topics. While this particular topic creates a lot of good discussion, it is better suited to be had in Muda's playground, aka the OOB 2.0 

Understandable, but at the same time this topic is still relevant to all high school sports because going forward what happens with this could impact all of sports. Including football.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Though anything that doesn't fit his narrative, he always cries about moving it to the OOB.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

In some cases, I think “being transgender” is simply a declaration.  No surgery, no hormone treatment, etc.....at least not initially.  That, obviously, is a problem for women’s athletics.

Even following surgery, treatment, etc., it’s still problematic for women’s sports.

I recognize that this whole thing is extremely complicated (I’ve been reading speculative fiction about this for decades and folks can’t begin to imagine just where this takes us societally) and that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg as to how it relates to the greater society BUT an easy call has to be that women’s sports are limited to biological women.  

If it’s not, then we may just as well get rid of women’s sports in their entirety because it becomes meaningless.  

With that, it appears that the best alternative is that we we add Transexual categories of sports all to themselves.

If some women or trans men want to play “up” in Men’s sports that’s fine by me.  But the reverse is an easy “No”.

Honestly, I don’t care what people do with their bodies, who they sleep with, who or what they love so long as they don’t look at me to pay for it. 

Otherwise, people can do whatever the Hell they want regardless of my personal belief or opinion.

To be clear, lest someone mistake this as coming from some “kumbaya” place of great tolerance or love on my part, it’s not.  It’s cold-hearted, curmudgeonly ambivalence. 

Your best post ever.

16 minutes ago, DE said:

Though anything that doesn't fit his narrative, he always cries about moving it to the OOB.

I don't have a narrative Danny Boy. I'm an Indana High School Football fan. I go to other Forums for women's sports and other boy's sports of which I am a fan. There is even a separate one for fans of politics. 

Edited by gonzoron

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

137238B6-09CC-4219-AE40-0236764255CB.jpeg

Da** you Scuba Steve.  THAT was the one I was thinking of.  @Muda69knows what I am saying.  🤣

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

This is Indiana. I can actually visualize people’s heads exploding!

Yep.  Damn proud to be a Hoosier.

24 minutes ago, Bobref said:

This is Indiana. I can actually visualize people’s heads exploding!

Societally it seems we (not me personally but I’m unfortunately along for the ride) are committed to the continual fracturing and subdividing of the country.  There are whole industries committed to it as well as a major political party.  

Admittedly the trans community probably accounts for 1/10th of 1% and regardless what I think of it, the currently dominant political party, the media and “academia” (excepting those who are actually scientists in this area) thinks they are more important than 1/2 our population (women).

With that fact and the ongoing commitment to break our society down into ever small sub components and factions for political gain, I don’t think there is any other option.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

If boys identifying as girls left your daughter a spectator in her own sport, wouldn't you speak up?: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/06/19/transgender-athletes-robbing-girls-chance-win-sports-column/4856486002/

Over the past few years, athletes, coaches and parents have been watching in disbelief as girls are being replaced on the winner’s podium by boys who identify as girls at all levels of competition. It’s what prompted Idaho to enact a law to protect female athletes from having their dreams of success on the field taken from them by a male competitor, and it’s what prompted the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights to conclude that my home state, Connecticut, is in violation of federal law.

I am the mother of an elite track-and-field athlete in Connecticut. Through our attorneys with Alliance Defending Freedom, my daughter, Selina Soule, and I filed suit in February with two other female athletes and their mothers to challenge Connecticut’s policy of allowing biological boys to compete in girls’ sports. Connecticut is one of at least 17 states that allow this.

Selina is among the best in the state. Currently finishing her senior year, she has set five school records so far — including an outdoor long-jump distance that had stood since 1976. Selina has high aspirations for track-and-field competition at the collegiate and professional levels.

Selina’s love for competitive track and field started when she was a little girl. By the time she was in 4th grade, Selina was winning events and advancing to state-level meets and races. There’s no question that competing for her school team has been the primary highlight of her high school experience, and her goal of earning her way to the next level would make the women behind Title IX of the Civil Rights Act proud.

Yet, Selina’s future is at risk because the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference allows athletes to compete based on gender identity rather than biological sex in violation of Title IX, as the Department of Education recognized. And she isn’t the only young woman whose ability to compete on a level playing field has been taken away because of this policy.

My family and I have been speaking out about the unfairness that is taking place in girls’ sports, and we have been shocked by the reaction. 

At an October 2019 rally co-hosted by radical feminist organization Women’s Liberation Front and the conservative Concerned Women for America during arguments in a Supreme Court case involving gender identity and employment, R.G. & G.R. Harris Funeral Homes v. Equal Opportunity Employment Commission, I was one of many female speakers who represented an extraordinarily broad cross-section of beliefs. 

During a two-hour span, many speakers at our rally, including myself, were loudly shouted down and berated — the hecklers demanding nothing less than our silence and capitulation — all for saying that women deserve fairness in sports.

Unfortunately, on Monday, the Supreme Court issued a decision conflating sex and gender in employment, but we still have a chance to preserve women's sports.

Whatever you believe about gender identity in general, the simple fact is that biology is what matters in athletics, not a person’s identity. Gender identity can be changed. Sex is embedded in our DNA and cannot be changed. It is reflected in realities like lung capacity and bone density. Sex is not gender.

Women’s sports were created to give girls a fair chance at competition. That includes fair victories and fair defeats. Girls deserve the same opportunity as boys to excel, to advance to the next level of competition, to win, and to stand on that podium. But allowing boys to compete in girls’ sports shatters girls’ dreams and denies our daughters equal opportunities.

Boys will always have certain physical advantages over girls. That’s the reason we have women’s sports in the first place. Boys’ bodies are simply different on average: They’re bigger, stronger and faster, even if the male athlete receives hormones. Science and common sense tell us this. And so do the times at track events.

Boys with mediocre times can compete in the boys’ category and then completely dominate girls’ events just a few weeks later. I’ve already seen this happening in Connecticut. After a series of unremarkable finishes as a boy in the 2018 indoor season, the same athlete began competing — and winning — as a girl in the outdoor season that started just weeks later.

My daughter would have qualified for the New England regionals in the 55-meter dash in Spring 2019, but instead, the top two spots went to biological boys who identify as girls. She lost her chance to compete and instead had to watch from the stands.

High school girls — as well as collegiate, amateur, and professional female athletes all over the world and in many sports — are being dominated by biological males. We must explore other options and find a solution where young women are not denied their rightful place on the podium.

Too many parents, coaches and authority figures are silent on this issue. Worse, young women like my daughter are being bullied and called “sore losers” or “transphobic” for simply seeking fairness in sports. 

Imagine it is your girl who is denied a victory she has earned. Imagine your daughter, who works day and night to shave off mere fractions of a second, is denied a win or a college scholarship — all because she has to compete against boys who identify as girls. And imagine your child is marginalized and ridiculed just for raising questions. Could you overlook the injustice?

We are being bullied into silence. We must speak up in order to stop this takeover of women’s rights. This isn’t fair. Women and girls everywhere deserve a level playing field in sports.

A big part of this issue is right there in the first paragraph of this opinion piece:  the unconstitutional  U.S. Dept. of Education.   A cabinet level department that needs to be completely disbanded.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

If boys identifying as girls left your daughter a spectator in her own sport, wouldn't you speak up?: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/06/19/transgender-athletes-robbing-girls-chance-win-sports-column/4856486002/

A big part of this issue is right there in the first paragraph of this opinion piece:  the unconstitutional  U.S. Dept. of Education.   A cabinet level department that needs to be completely disbanded.

The "woke" will label the parents fighting for their girls as bigots.

14 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Societally it seems we (not me personally but I’m unfortunately along for the ride) are committed to the continual fracturing and subdividing of the country.  There are whole industries committed to it as well as a major political party.  

Admittedly the trans community probably accounts for 1/10th of 1% and regardless what I think of it, the currently dominant political party, the media and “academia” (excepting those who are actually scientists in this area) thinks they are more important than 1/2 our population (women).

With that fact and the ongoing commitment to break our society down into ever small sub components and factions for political gain, I don’t think there is any other option.

Exactly why @CoachRippywas right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Kill me now 1

3 hours ago, Lysander said:

In some cases, I think “being transgender” is simply a declaration.  No surgery, no hormone treatment, etc.....at least not initially.  That, obviously, is a problem for women’s athletics.

Even following surgery, treatment, etc., it’s still problematic for women’s sports.

I recognize that this whole thing is extremely complicated (I’ve been reading speculative fiction about this for decades and folks can’t begin to imagine just where this takes us societally) and that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg as to how it relates to the greater society BUT an easy call has to be that women’s sports are limited to biological women.  

If it’s not, then we may just as well get rid of women’s sports in their entirety because it becomes meaningless.  

With that, it appears that the best alternative is that we we add Transexual categories of sports all to themselves.

If some women or trans men want to play “up” in Men’s sports that’s fine by me.  But the reverse is an easy “No”.

Honestly, I don’t care what people do with their bodies, who they sleep with, who or what they love so long as they don’t look at me to pay for it. 

Otherwise, people can do whatever the Hell they want regardless of my personal belief or opinion.

To be clear, lest someone mistake this as coming from some “kumbaya” place of great tolerance or love on my part, it’s not.  It’s cold-hearted, curmudgeonly ambivalence. 

At least this is one category where the PP's won't dominate............

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, DE said:

Man.  Right on cue.  Ole woke @gonzoron comes in w/ his "sit and spin reaction".  So tolerant of you.  Oh the irony.  You are only tolerant if it fits your narrative.  Isn't that right?

Speaking of irony and (in)tolerance, how ironic will it be if one of the "patriots" on this post ends up having a transgender child or grandchild? This thread is an embarrassment and it's my sincere hope one of the moderators removes it soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

7 minutes ago, vito said:

Speaking of irony and (in)tolerance, how ironic will it be if one of the "patriots" on this post ends up having a transgender child or grandchild? This thread is an embarrassment and it's my sincere hope one of the moderators removes it soon. 

If you love your country, doesn't matter what side you are on.  Too many CREATED gray areas in this world/country.

If you (anyone) fails to see this, WOW...