Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  46 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Governor: Transgender athletes will 'destroy women's sports'

Muda69

11 minutes ago, vito said:

Speaking of irony and (in)tolerance, how ironic will it be if one of the "patriots" on this post ends up having a transgender child or grandchild? This thread is an embarrassment and it's my sincere hope one of the moderators removes it soon. 

First off if by "Patriots" you mean protecting Title IX and women's sports... So be it. Also your second statement about a child or grandchild being transgender comes off like your wishing cancer on someone.  

Edited by Obi-Wan
  • Kill me now 1

13 minutes ago, vito said:

Speaking of irony and (in)tolerance, how ironic will it be if one of the "patriots" on this post ends up having a transgender child or grandchild? This thread is an embarrassment and it's my sincere hope one of the moderators removes it soon. 

Tough and fair discussions.  You do not have to read this thread.

4 minutes ago, DE said:

If you love your country, doesn't matter what side you are on.  Too many CREATED gray areas in this world/country.

If you (anyone) fails to see this, WOW...

I try to love, respect, and be tolerant of all people. 

2 minutes ago, vito said:

I try to love, respect, and be tolerant of all people. 

AMEN!

Which also means you/me/we do not have to approve of something that someone we love and respect chooses.

I love my son more than anyone on Earth, but I do not always approve of the choices he has made.

I respect my wife more than anyone on Earth, but I do not always approve of the choices she has made.

Edited by DE

8 minutes ago, Obi-Wan said:

First off if by "Patriots" you mean protecting Title IX and women's sports... So be it. Also your second statement about a child or grandchild being transgender comes off like your wishing cancer on someone.  

It's you're. So you're equating a person being transgender as having a potentially life threatening illness?

Edited by vito
typo

4 minutes ago, vito said:

It's you're. So YOU'RE equating a person being transgender as having a potentially life threatening illness?

image.jpeg.70da1828e01fc0fbf045453d376c30e5.jpeg, you knew exactly what he was saying. 😉

2 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

There is a significantly higher suicide rate in transgender persons, FYI.

I wonder why?

1 minute ago, vito said:

It's you're. So YOU'RE equating a person being transgender as having a potentially life threatening illness?

Thank you for fixing my grammar. I will try harder to not make those mistakes. No I am not equating the two and this is where the thread gets shut down because now this is going to turn into me comparing someone being transgender to an illness now I am intolerant. 

4 minutes ago, Obi-Wan said:

Thank you for fixing my grammar. I will try harder to not make those mistakes. No, I am not equating the two, and this is where the thread gets shut down because this is going to turn into me comparing someone being transgender to an illness. Now I am intolerant. 

Fixed it again for you.  You're welcome. 

let it go for lots of pages, but the last 2 pages has resulted in what many of us who have been around her a long time figured would happen

1.  Off topic

2. Personal attacks back and forth 

3. Grammar Police

So with that..... you all had your chance to have an actual conversation.....  at times, it worked,  last 2 pages it has not.   

Just know, even though we got Multple reports, we attempted to allow the conversation to be fruitful.   Not suprised it derailed...... 

Continue in the Muda Playground......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Easiest way to turn your kid into a lapsed Catholic is to send them to Catholic schools. 

Good to know.  Glad I send my son to a Christian school and not a Catholic one.

Is it beyond people to stick to the point or is it just too much fun to resist acting like the idiots in DC?

A question was submitted and it seems to break down as follows:

1. Is it fair to biological women to allow transgenders into their sports?

if it’s fair, then - discussion over.

2. If it’s not fair, then what do we do?

(a) Set up separate transgender sports or

(b) Do nothing and just say there are no sports available for transgenders

To be clear, I don’t care what God apparently tells you neither do I care what bromide you think you are supposed to say because you identify as Left or Right (at least the religious folks to their credit think they are getting it from God vs. some dumb@ss politician or celebrity).

Damn few here are even attempting to discuss what we should do....if anything.  

Whether I think it’s BS or not, the situation is here....it exists.  How do we deal with it?

• Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Is it beyond people to stick to the point or is it just too much fun to resist acting like the idiots in DC?

A question was submitted and it seems to break down as follows:

1. Is it fair to biological women to allow transgenders into their sports?

if it’s fair, then - discussion over.

2. If it’s not fair, then what do we do?

(a) Set up separate transgender sports or

(b) Do nothing and just say there are no sports available for transgenders

To be clear, I don’t care what God apparently tells you neither do I care what bromide you think you are supposed to say because you identify as Left or Right (at least the religious folks to their credit think they are getting it from God vs. some dumb@ss politician or celebrity).

Damn few here are even attempting to discuss what we should do....if anything.  

Whether I think it’s BS or not, the situation is here....it exists.  How do we deal with it?

B.  Nothing needs to be fixed.  There are ALREADY sports IN PLACE for their gender.

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

Eh, if he’s a free thinker the result will be the same. 

Thank the Lord he is free thinker that believes in facts.  That is the difference between him and I and you both apparently.  You 2 who were raised as Catholics, something happened to you both somewhere and turned you away from your faith.  That religion is known to do that.  Did it to me, my mom, her parents, etc.  I am sorry you had to experience whatever it is you all experienced within the Catholic Church.

Would love for you and/or @Bobrefto come to service w/ me.

1 hour ago, DE said:

Thank the Lord he is free thinker that believes in facts.  That is the difference between him and I and you both apparently.  You 2 who were raised as Catholics, something happened to you both somewhere and turned you away from your faith.  That religion is known to do that.  Did it to me, my mom, her parents, etc.  I am sorry you had to experience whatever it is you all experienced within the Catholic Church.

Thanks, but hard pass.

1 hour ago, DE said:

Facts? You DE? That’s a good joke. And I appreciate the offer, but I’ll also take the hard pass.