Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Valparaiso no longer crusaders

Whiting89

Nice diversion for the real problems the university faces declining enrollment, financial mismanagement, poor athletics facilities etc

next target whiting oilers, oilers glorify fossil fuel which cause climate change

any other mascot needing change?

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/college/valparaiso-university/vu-retiring-crusader-mascot-citing-associations-with-oppression-violence-hate-groups/article_06f06acd-dbe7-5b0f-9a33-253833d7f820.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

5 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Nice diversion for the real problems the university faces declining enrollment, financial mismanagement, poor athletics facilities etc

next target whiting oilers, oilers glorify fossil fuel which cause climate change

any other mascot needing change?

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/college/valparaiso-university/vu-retiring-crusader-mascot-citing-associations-with-oppression-violence-hate-groups/article_06f06acd-dbe7-5b0f-9a33-253833d7f820.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

Get woke. Go broke. 

• Kill me now 1

2 minutes ago, DE said:

Get woke. Go broke. 

You said it yourself dude. Financial mismanagement. Going broke and being canceled. If ever this fits it’s here but you go sit and spin by yourself. 

Got a perfect new name for your alma mater. Fill it in yourself. 
Valpo Va****s. 

1 hour ago, DE said:

You said it yourself dude. Financial mismanagement. Going broke and being canceled. If ever this fits it’s here but you go sit and spin by yourself. 

Got a perfect new name for your alma mater. Fill it in yourself. 
Valpo Va****s. 

Totally agree it’s a sad day and most everyone I know is upset 

FTA (post tribune)

"Valparaiso University’s controversial Crusader mascot..."

Perfect example of a made up "crisis".

Cancel culture and SJWs strike again.

PETA has to be licking their chops....waiting to pounce on all the teams that use animal names as mascots.

17 minutes ago, DE said:

FTA (post tribune)

"Valparaiso University’s controversial Crusader mascot..."

Perfect example of a made up "crisis".

Cancel culture and SJWs strike again.

PETA has to be licking their chops....waiting to pounce on all the teams that use animal names as mascots.

I have to admit, I have been in this area for a long time. Lived in Valpo for 10 years. Even taught at Valpo U for 5 years. I have never heard a whisper of controversy about the nickname or mascot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I have to admit, I have been in this area for a long time. Lived in Valpo for 10 years. Even taught at Valpo U for 5 years. I have never heard a whisper of controversy about the nickname or mascot.

I dont understand the negative connotation of the word Crusader....

Just because a group adopts your name does not make it controversial or neagtive.

What about the name Patriots?   

It’s a manufactured crisis created by the ultra liberal student body president and interim university president.   It has created quite the outrage will many demanding to release the results of the survey.

like the cliche you play for the name on the front of jersey not the name on the back and that name is Crusaders 

57B1AF2A-83E4-4000-8457-9E3270A01481.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

How is Valpo U doing financially? I didn't realize they had to drop their Law School a few years back. I would imagine their Athletic Facilities have to be among the worst in The Valley. 

From what I’ve heard  not good. The crusader fund has been replaced by the victory for valpo 

https://support.valpo.edu/s/1347/17/page-1col.tabs.aspx?sid=1347&gid=1&pgid=2030

a lot of brick and mortar private schools will shut down in the coming years 

Edited by Whiting89

On 2/12/2021 at 1:46 PM, oldunclemark said:

I dont understand the negative connotation of the word Crusader....

Just because a group adopts your name does not make it controversial or neagtive.

What about the name Patriots?   

What about the Yankees?? As a Caucasian living in the north, I'm offended. 

13 hours ago, Goose Liver said:

How about the Howies for Howie the Cow ? If that does not work how about the Milktoasts... who could that offend ?

It would somehow...

14 hours ago, psaboy said:

What about the Yankees?? As a Caucasian living in the north, I'm offended. 

I like Yanquis myself...

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 12:55 PM, Whiting89 said:

It’s a manufactured crisis created by the ultra liberal student body president and interim university president.   It has created quite the outrage will many demanding to release the results of the survey.

like the cliche you play for the name on the front of jersey not the name on the back and that name is Crusaders 

57B1AF2A-83E4-4000-8457-9E3270A01481.jpeg

This you Whiting89?

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Love the reaction on Twitter.  One comment...."a landlocked city with a lighthouse as a mascot".  Some preferred "The Bacons"......

I hope they didn't pay a marketing firm for this one....

Along the lines of the Tulsa Hurricanes lol....sorry...Tulsa GOLDEN Hurricanes.