Jump to content

Valparaiso no longer crusaders


Recommended Posts

Nice diversion for the real problems the university faces declining enrollment, financial mismanagement, poor athletics facilities etc

next target whiting oilers, oilers glorify fossil fuel which cause climate change

any other mascot needing change?

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/college/valparaiso-university/vu-retiring-crusader-mascot-citing-associations-with-oppression-violence-hate-groups/article_06f06acd-dbe7-5b0f-9a33-253833d7f820.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Nice diversion for the real problems the university faces declining enrollment, financial mismanagement, poor athletics facilities etc

next target whiting oilers, oilers glorify fossil fuel which cause climate change

any other mascot needing change?

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/college/valparaiso-university/vu-retiring-crusader-mascot-citing-associations-with-oppression-violence-hate-groups/article_06f06acd-dbe7-5b0f-9a33-253833d7f820.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

Get woke. Go broke. 

  • Kill me now 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DE said:

Get woke. Go broke. 

You said it yourself dude. Financial mismanagement. Going broke and being canceled. If ever this fits it’s here but you go sit and spin by yourself. 
 

Got a perfect new name for your alma mater. Fill it in yourself. 
Valpo Va****s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DE said:

You said it yourself dude. Financial mismanagement. Going broke and being canceled. If ever this fits it’s here but you go sit and spin by yourself. 
 

Got a perfect new name for your alma mater. Fill it in yourself. 
Valpo Va****s. 

Totally agree it’s a sad day and most everyone I know is upset 

Link to post
Share on other sites

FTA (post tribune)

"Valparaiso University’s controversial Crusader mascot..."

Perfect example of a made up "crisis".

Cancel culture and SJWs strike again.

PETA has to be licking their chops....waiting to pounce on all the teams that use animal names as mascots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DE said:

FTA (post tribune)

"Valparaiso University’s controversial Crusader mascot..."

Perfect example of a made up "crisis".

Cancel culture and SJWs strike again.

PETA has to be licking their chops....waiting to pounce on all the teams that use animal names as mascots.

I have to admit, I have been in this area for a long time. Lived in Valpo for 10 years. Even taught at Valpo U for 5 years. I have never heard a whisper of controversy about the nickname or mascot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I have to admit, I have been in this area for a long time. Lived in Valpo for 10 years. Even taught at Valpo U for 5 years. I have never heard a whisper of controversy about the nickname or mascot.

I dont understand the negative connotation of the word Crusader....

Just because a group adopts your name does not make it controversial or neagtive.

What about the name Patriots?   

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a manufactured crisis created by the ultra liberal student body president and interim university president.   It has created quite the outrage will many demanding to release the results of the survey.

like the cliche you play for the name on the front of jersey not the name on the back and that name is Crusaders 

57B1AF2A-83E4-4000-8457-9E3270A01481.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

And it what point does cancel culture go north and strip VHS of the Vikings name? Trojans in Chesterton? Senators in Washington Twp? Cherokees in Morgan Township? Indians in Portage?  I'm beginning to think the moview PCU was foreshadowing our actual future.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

How is Valpo U doing financially? I didn't realize they had to drop their Law School a few years back. I would imagine their Athletic Facilities have to be among the worst in The Valley. 

 

From what I’ve heard  not good. The crusader fund has been replaced by the victory for valpo 

https://support.valpo.edu/s/1347/17/page-1col.tabs.aspx?sid=1347&gid=1&pgid=2030

 

a lot of brick and mortar private schools will shut down in the coming years 

 

Edited by Whiting89
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 1:46 PM, oldunclemark said:

I dont understand the negative connotation of the word Crusader....

Just because a group adopts your name does not make it controversial or neagtive.

What about the name Patriots?   

What about the Yankees?? As a Caucasian living in the north, I'm offended. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Goose Liver said:

How about the Howies for Howie the Cow ? If that does not work how about the Milktoasts... who could that offend ?

It would somehow...

14 hours ago, psaboy said:

What about the Yankees?? As a Caucasian living in the north, I'm offended. 

I like Yanquis myself...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...