Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sports memes and other stuff

Irishman

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Not a meme, I know, but this is great. Who does not want this kid on their team? lol

Reminds me of Jerome Bettis. Did you ever hear him mic'd up? Hilarious. I saw it many years ago on NFL Films. Wish I could find the video now. He was constantly talking and whooping when he carried the ball.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought this was kind of funny. The Polo Grounds seemed to be such an odd place for baseball; especially considering that almost no accommodations were made for the unique shape. 

The caption for the picture is "Bobby Thompson runs down a triple hit by Ralph Kiner at the Polo Grounds, 1950" 

May be a black-and-white image of 3 people, people standing and outdoors

My questions: At 483 feet, how was it only a triple? I am guessing the Grounds gave up a number of inside the park HR's?  Are the stairs in play? Could the outfield run up the staircase to catch a ball? Is that the bullpen where the door is open? Or the clubhouse? Or a bar???? lol 
I know at least one of the longest ever recorded HR's was hit in this park, but it was not over this fence. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Changed the title to other stuff, because there are some really cool things that happen from time to time. 

Last night, Marc Andre Fleury recorded his 500th win as a goaltender. There are only two other goaltenders in the history of the game to reach this milestone; Patrick Wah ( 🙂 Roy) and Richard Brodeur......funny that all 3 are French Canadians. What makes this moment cool is that it was in Montreal. While I am a Habs hater.... @Yuccaguy understands that too 🙂 , I can respect the fans in this moment. I can say, their fans know the game well, and understand moments like this. The video does not show it, but a few Habs players stayed on the ice to honor the moment as well. And as the clock ran out Matthew Perrault flipped the puck to the Hawks bench to be saved. 

• Like 1