Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

How we fix Northern 6A football

Guest DT

Population 

BD= 985

Zionsville= 2161

Shouldn’t it be more surprising if the game was the other way around? Not sure how many people realize BD isn’t that big.

More importantly why does BD always get lumped into being with the big conference? At some point isn’t there going to be diminishing returns if they constantly play schools with 2x or 3x student population. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SAC_Coach said:

Population 

BD= 985

Zionsville= 2161

Shouldn’t it be more surprising if the game was the other way around? Not sure how many people realize BD isn’t that big.

More importantly why does BD always get lumped into being with the big conference? At some point isn’t there going to be diminishing returns if they constantly play schools with 2x or 3x student population. 

The odds are more likely that Zionsville sees a drop off in competitiveness before BD does. 

12 hours ago, SAC_Coach said:

Population 

BD= 985

Zionsville= 2161

Using the 2.0 Multiplier, BD fits the U8 very nicely

Warsaw   2000

Northrup  2000

Dwenger  2000

Snider  1850

Homestead  2450

Carroll  2450

Penn 3000

Elkhart  2850

12 hours ago, Irishman said:

The odds are more likely that Zionsville sees a drop off in competitiveness before BD does. 

Ive read some things to the contrary from BD supporters

18 hours ago, Bear54 said:

Just my two cents...

This alignment would be a travel nightmare. Have you ever driven from the Fort Wayne area to Mishawaka or Elkhart? Would not be much fun on a bus. Warsaw wouldn't be that bad. Games would have to start later. Saturday is an option, but most of these schools have solid teams in other sports that typically compete on Saturday in the fall. AD's would not want to pull possible fans away from those games. 

And I would argue that the SAC is already the second best conference behind MIC. I'm using state finals appearances as my barometer. 

Since 1994 All Classes...

SAC - 27 state finals appearances     14-13 overall record (Including now defucnt FW Harding)         HCC - 8 state finals appearances    3-5 overall record

Sometimes you need to step out of the box, out of your comfort zone to achieve greatness.

When the MIC was formed, the founders selected 6 core schools from the Indy metro, and added Terre Haute North and South, both 90 minutes away, to round out the 8 team field.

What we are suggesting with the Upstate 8 is very similar.  5 core schools from the FW area, and 3 solid outlyers to create an 8 team league with a very high competitive ceiling.

Youve got to think differently and bring something completely new, and maybe radical, to the table to affect the type of change and end result we seek.

1 hour ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

So, if Elkhart and Penn move to the DAC...would the subsequent move be Michigan City and LaPorte to the NIC?

What would be the better move in your opinion, taking both time zone and competitive issues into consideration?

Penn and Elkhart move west to the DAC or east to the new SAC?

On 2/12/2021 at 11:24 AM, olinecoach said:

As a coach who is an assistant for football and HC for track, this is a very underrated advantage for a program. M'ville is a northern school that I know has a strong connection with their two programs and that is beginning to show on the field. 

Not really a new concept. Russ Isaacs encouraged his players to run track when he was leading the Panthers in the 90's. Maybe they still do.

23 hours ago, Bear54 said:

Just my two cents...

This alignment would be a travel nightmare. Have you ever driven from the Fort Wayne area to Mishawaka or Elkhart? Would not be much fun on a bus.

It's a nightmare because our political leaders think Indianapolis needs 14 interstates going in every imaginable direction out of the city. Never mind that Fort Wayne to Chicago has every bit of traffic on 30 that Indy's highways have. It's a well known fact that there is an imbalance of Indiana funds that go to Indianapolis. 

23 hours ago, Bear54 said:

And I would argue that the SAC is already the second best conference behind MIC. I'm using state finals appearances as my barometer. 

Pound for pound? No doubt. 

23 hours ago, Bears62 said:

Just look at last year SAC’s top 2 teams in Homestead and Dwenger during tournament play. Homestead got destroyed by Westfield and Dwenger lost to a Zionsville team that finished 3-4 in the HCC.

The SAC didn't have a real dominant team this year. Homestead was good. But they wouldn't qualify as a Top 30 SAC team of all time. 

Dwenger beats Zionsville 9 times out of 10. That game qualifies as an upset. Don't believe me? Re-watch it. 

23 hours ago, Bears62 said:

Who me? I want to see schools outside of Indy have success as much as anyone. But it’s pretty clear the HCC is better than the SAC. 

Correct. But only because they have larger enrollment. The "programs" aren't better. 

21 hours ago, Bears62 said:

2 years ago HCC bottom feeder and 1-9 Noblesville took the SAC’s top dawg and undefeated team in Homestead to overtime in sectionals. 

Homestead was bored to tears on that bus ride down to Indy en route to playing a 1-9 team. It showed on the field. The following week they outplayed the HCC's best team, Carmel, for a half without their best player on offense. You central Indiana guys will bring that game up for years. 

21 hours ago, Bears62 said:

I think there is a fairly decent gap between the talent level in the SAC and the HCC.

That's not true. Per capita, Fort Wayne puts more players in the NFL than Indy.........it's a statistical fact. 

On 2/12/2021 at 1:03 PM, Bear54 said:

Just my two cents...

This alignment would be a travel nightmare. Have you ever driven from the Fort Wayne area to Mishawaka or Elkhart? Would not be much fun on a bus. Warsaw wouldn't be that bad. Games would have to start later. Saturday is an option, but most of these schools have solid teams in other sports that typically compete on Saturday in the fall. AD's would not want to pull possible fans away from those games. 

Since 1994 All Classes...

SAC - 27 state finals appearances     14-13 overall record (Including now defucnt FW Harding)         HCC - 8 state finals appearances    3-5 overall record

Most all re-alignments involve travel headaches.  Having Elkhart and Valpo or conversely Penn and Homestead play on a yearly basis won’t solve everything, improvement comes from within.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Homestead was bored to tears on that bus ride down to Indy en route to playing a 1-9 team. It showed on the field. The following week they outplayed the HCC's best team, Carmel, for a half without their best player on offense. You central Indiana guys will bring that game up for years. 

Have lived in the north for years, almost always root for whatever team is playing the Indy school. You don’t know me, I wanted Homestead to win. Nice excuse about a bus ride though. I’ll stick with the results on the field when I come to my conclusions. Don’t even think there’s an argument for SAC being better than the HCC. I know the HCC has bigger schools, that’s a part of the reason why they’re better. Same reason as why the MIC is king. The north is not what it used to be.

23 hours ago, SAC_Coach said:

Population 

BD= 985

Zionsville= 2161

LOL @ attempting to paint a “disadvantage” for Dwenger.

5 hours ago, BTF said:

That's not true. Per capita, Fort Wayne puts more players in the NFL than Indy.........it's a statistical fact. 

As we should bring it up.  Moral victories are all that you’ve got?

2 hours ago, Bears62 said:

You don’t know me, I wanted Homestead to win. 

I know you well enough to know that you have respect for the north. No one said otherwise. 

Nice excuse about a bus ride though. I’ll stick with the results on the field when I come to my conclusions. 

Unlike you, I was rooting for Noblesville. I don't care much for Homestead.........never have. The Millers were "almost" the better team that night. They fought for their lives while Homestead fought to stay awake. That tells me that Homestead wins that game 10 out of 10 with the other nine decided by double digits. I may not like Homestead, but I'll give credit where credit is due. 

Don’t even think there’s an argument for SAC being better than the HCC. 

There's not even a question that the HCC is better than the SAC in head to head competition. Now, if we're talking pound for pound, then there is no question that the SAC is better than the HCC. For those of you that don't know what pound for pound means.......this has come up before.........it means that if the SAC schools had the same enrollment as the HCC schools, then the SAC would win head to head. 

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Can I see your rings?

I think you gave me Noblesville +17 last year...

We're not talking about me, we're talking about the SAC and the HCC. 

Are you sure about that? I thought I gave you 21? I didn't know Homestead would be dumb enough to take Noblesville lightly. 

7 hours ago, BTF said:

"bored to tears"...bro you are a clown...Noblesville and Carmel beat there ass and yes central Indy will beat your ass "for a half" and years beyond..."bored to tears"...still funny as shit....several bus rides since ended with ass kickings so "bored to tears" not working

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

2 minutes ago, BigBH said:

"bored to tears"...bro you are a clown...Noblesville and Carmel beat there ass and yes central Indy will beat your ass "for a half" and years beyond..."bored to tears"...still funny as shit....several bus rides since ended with ass kickings so "bored to tears" not working

Someone's feathers got ruffled. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BigBH said:

Thank you.  Such a piss poor excuse from an outsider.