Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

webcast who had good who was bad

After a year where most of us have watched many football games and  basketball games on webcast.   I got to thinking who had the best one who where so bad that you felt you paid to much more.  If i have to pay for it their should be some doing some kind of play by play.    I am also not here to criticize any kids that are trying to play by play or color,  if are are professional in doing it.  

Really impressed with the Fort Wayne Summit City Sports. They do a great job. As a side note to that - the Homestead High School student broadcast is very impressive as well. I wish Warsaw could emulate that in some capacity. I don't know why they cannot because they have (or at least used to) a fantastic student broadcasting class and equipment, etc.

One of the highlights for me during the regional round has been the guys at SEI Local Sports.  Usually a 4A team has to face East Central or a 3A team will face Lawrenceburg who both have games on there.

Ev Central vs East Central (2x), Ev Memorial/ Heritage Hills/ Southridge vs Lawrenceburg. I've had a chance to watch all 5 of those broadcasts over the last few years.  Great production staff and crew, IMO.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

One of the highlights for me during the regional round has been the guys at SEI Local Sports.  Usually a 4A team has to face East Central or a 3A team will face Lawrenceburg who both have games on there.

Ev Central vs East Central (2x), Ev Memorial/ Heritage Hills/ Southridge vs Lawrenceburg. I've had a chance to watch all 5 of those broadcasts over the last few years.  Great production staff and crew, IMO.    

Yeah ....the SEI guys do a nice job.  I still am amazed at how they managed that 5 plus hour Lawrenceburg/Brownstown Central game during playoffs this past Fall on a Friday night/Saturday morning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Yeah ....the SEI guys do a nice job.  I still am amazed at how they managed that 5 plus hour Lawrenceburg/Brownstown Central game during playoffs this past Fall on a Friday night/Saturday morning.

I watched that one too.  I hated it for the fans/players/coaches.  But it was cool to get home and watch the last 3 quarters of that game.  Felt like I was watching a late night Pac 12 game on FoxSports... except it was a better brand of football. LOL

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I watched that one too.  I hated it for the fans/players/coaches.  But it was cool to get home and watch the last 3 quarters of that game.  Felt like I was watching a late night Pac 12 game on FoxSports... except it was a better brand of football. LOL

That’s exactly how I felt.  I honestly couldn’t believe that game was still going on.  

I purchased a Hot Dog "season pass" on the ISC Sports Network, supposedly it would broadcast all Hot Dog home football and basketball games.  The football coverage was ok,  the basketball has been hit or miss.  Best game was when the Peru Tigers visited Case Arena and the play-by-play was done by one FHS student (probably in the school AV program).   Let's just say his broadcast "had a lot of enthusiasm" and leave it at that...................

I really enjoyed the Mooresville livestream coverage when they played Evansville Central in Regional.  They had 2 students (one ... was .... a ... girl ... ) and they both did a fantastic job.  I also agree that the SEI Local coverage is A+.    

Worst announcers I ever heard were the radio guys from WLQI in Rensselear, they were just god awful.  About 6 years ago they were the only media outlet covering the Michigan City Marquette girls regional championship game.  These guys couldn't even tell that Emma and Sophia Nolan were idenical twin sisters and Hannah Nolan was their older sister.  They were so bad that I felt that the IHSAA should have revoked their broadcating privilages.  After that Hall of Fame broadcaster Mike Knezevich (my favorite high school sports announcer) from the Regional Radio Sports Network called all the Marquette Blazer girls games when they advanced deep into the tournament.

On 2/17/2021 at 7:47 PM, oldtimeqb said:

SEI Sports does a great job broadcasting/promoting SE Indiana sports. It’s not just the late round Football tournament games, it’s about every weekday and all sports. 

• Like 2

West Vigo did a decent job this year partnering with WMMC out of Marshall, IL. They would video stream and include play by play. It wasn't great but it was definitely better than not seeing the games at all. Their feed buffered too much and the camera angle was way too close to the LOS.

Greene County Sports is a pretty good one that I've watched. Those guys do a great job.

The Berne Witness does a pretty good job. If only the internet in Monroe could be better, then it would be hard to beat. I'm curious as to whom will announce some games. Mr. Stimpson is getting up there and it's harder for him to see (no knock as I like listening to him as he did great on WNUY radio days). Randy Fudge had did some games but passed away during the season (RIP to a great Jets fan in Mr. Fudge). I'd love for Jeff Overholser to do more (he's doing more on WZBD like old days!) alongside Joel Patrick (hopefully he didn't get in too much trouble). Jeff and Joel were the best WZBD had on the radio together. They did do 1 Witness game a few years back, but an obnoxious Bluffton fan kept ringing a cowbell making it hard to hear.

Norwell was lucky this year. former graduate (now going to school at IU for broadcast) came back for about every game and did the call. He was outstanding ... knew the game, knew the kids, knew the coaches and opponents, did his homework before the game.  Smooth in his delivery, interesting observations and critiques.  imo better than many I hear on Saturday and Sunday.  Derek Decker.  Remember the name.