Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wrestlers & Football Players Wrestling in the State Finals 2021

I know 2 of our 3 state streeters are football players for Adams Central. Alex Currie and Blake Heyerly excel in both sports and are joined this weekend by fellow Baguba Logan Uhlman. Best of luck to our Flying Jets/BAGUBAS!

Please list your representation to acknowledge their hard work paying off!

• Like 1

Shane Bates (Zionsville) Weight class is 170, 2nd state finals appearance.

Starting SS for 5A runner- up Zionsville 3rd on team in tackles (75 tackles, 4INTs and FF) 

http://www.hudl.com/v/2EiTDUhttp://www.hudl.com/v/2EiTDU

But most of all an incredible young man very coachable and will out work the best of them.  

After a quick glance at the State Series bracket...

Jamaal Salary, LaPorte @ 160lbs (RB)

Aiden Sneed, Kankakee Valley @ 170lbs (LB)

Jacob Simpson, Hobart @ 170lbs (State Finals LB)

Colin Kwiatkowski, Valparaiso @ 182lbs (Semistate LB)

Eli Pack, Culver Academy @ 195lbs (FB)

Gage DeMarco, Chesterton @ 195lbs (LB)

Jason Streck, Merrillville @ 220lbs (Semistate TE/H)

Hunter Whitenack, New Prairie @ HWT (OL)

Not sure if Simpson does anything in the spring, but does anyone know of individuals who qualified for the state series in all three athletic seasons?  

16 minutes ago, HanShotFirst said:

After a quick glance at the State Series bracket...

Jamaal Salary, LaPorte @ 160lbs (RB)

Aiden Sneed, Kankakee Valley @ 170lbs (LB)

Jacob Simpson, Hobart @ 170lbs (State Finals LB)

Colin Kwiatkowski, Valparaiso @ 182lbs (Semistate LB)

Eli Pack, Culver Academy @ 195lbs (FB)

Gage DeMarco, Chesterton @ 195lbs (LB)

Jason Streck, Merrillville @ 220lbs (Semistate TE/H)

Hunter Whitenack, New Prairie @ HWT (OL)

Not sure if Simpson does anything in the spring, but does anyone know of individuals who qualified for the state series in all three athletic seasons?  

Sneed did not play football this year at KV.

2 hours ago, CoachStewart said:

Western High School

145-Hayden Shepherd was IFCA 4A Jr. All-State as a DB

HWT-Braydon Erb was 3-Time IFCA 4A All-State as an OL

I'd like to see Erb get a rematch of the SS finals under the lights this weekend.

2 hours ago, Grover said:

Filipovich from Lutheran is a specimen.  He doesn't play football?

Pretty sure he does but I'd need a Lutheran fan to confirm. I thought he was one of their stud backs in their runner up season or maybe he was on the line?

Edited by Basementbias

5 hours ago, Thor77 said:

He was a stud guard and linebacker for them. Reeve Muncie Carroll is going to play football at Saint Francis and is in the heavyweight finals. 

Both can add Wrestling State Champion to their résumés. 

On 2/19/2021 at 10:22 PM, Grover said:

Drake Buchanan  182#  Center Grove

Why doesnt CG have a stronger wrestling program?  They are so strong in so many sports but never have seemed to have been a real power in wrestling, either at the team or individual level.  

10 hours ago, DT said:

Why doesnt CG have a stronger wrestling program?  They are so strong in so many sports but never have seemed to have been a real power in wrestling, either at the team or individual level.  

They're pretty strong compared to most of the state. Those schools at the top are just really good. 

5 hours ago, southend said:

The same can be ask about Carmel. 

They are getting better each year. The Hendricks county rise now seems to be influencing them and Zionsville to get stronger. Wrestling didn't seem to be as big of a focus near Indy except for PM, Cathedral, and WC in the past as it is now.

12 hours ago, DT said:

The wrestling program is pretty solid and getting better.  I really like the new coach.  I believe we had a half dozen or more wrestlers advance to semi-state.  Most were underclassmen.

6 hours ago, southend said:

The same can be ask about Carmel. 

I was surprised to hear Carmel hasn't had a state champ in over a dozen years.

7 hours ago, Grover said:

The wrestling program is pretty solid and getting better.  I really like the new coach.  I believe we had a half dozen or more wrestlers advance to semi-state.  Most were underclassmen.

I was surprised to hear Carmel hasn't had a state champ in over a dozen years.

Parents keep these kids so busy during childhood years that there is only so much time for so many activities.  Something has to give.  Seems like kids lives are way too structured and scheduled anymore.  Those of us who grew up in the 60s and 70s had it way better than we ever could have imagined.  We had INDEPENDENCE and FREEDOM.  Kids today are prisoners of their parents demands   Im thankful Im not parenting in todays culture.  

Edited by DT

14 hours ago, DT said:

Parents keep these kids so busy during childhood years that there is only so much time for so many activities.  Something has to give.  Seems like kids lives are way too structured and scheduled anymore.  Those of us who grew up in the 60s and 70s had it way better than we ever could have imagined.  We had INDEPENDENCE and FREEDOM.  Kids today are prisoners of their parents demands   Im thankful Im not parenting in todays culture.  

Football and wrestling coach here - I will tend to agree with the above statement just in the fact that with Club Wrestling and RTC's now-a-days - the time commitment it takes to be an elite level wrestler is just astonishing and something I don't think many people realize. I'm talking State Championship material here, not just State Qualifier (which is still awfully tough) 

Now, bigger guys (195 +) can get by on sheer strength/athleticism - but in your "prime" weight classes, it almost takes a year round commitment. 

Life was definitely simpler not so long ago....and I'm not so sure we've made it that much better. Certainly have made it more expensive, that's for sure. 

• Like 4