Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference

• 4 months later...

Congrats to former LCC standout, Jackson Anthrop, who will be headed to the Colts as an undrafted free agent.

image.png.29429a9f6e9130efbec9d5613f307c84.png

12 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Congrats to former LCC standout, Jackson Anthrop, who will be headed to the Colts as an undrafted free agent.

Congrats also to Hamilton Heights' Sterling Weatherford also signed by the Colts as an undrafted free agent. 

Sterling was WR in high school and played DB at Miami of Ohio.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Hamilton Heights believes they can challenge, all teams do at this point in the season. 

7 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Atop the Standings.

Untitled.jpg

Same standings guy that does the Cubs pre-season standing? :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, CoachDurham said:

The longest most prestigious Pick 'Em in GID history. Maybe even Coach Nowlin will make an appearance again. We will see if there is any interest this year! Let's get more discussion going on these games and maybe some talk about the picks you made!

I’ll probably kick everyone’s ass this year. I swear to God I will 

4 hours ago, CoachDurham said:

The longest most prestigious Pick 'Em in GID history. Maybe even Coach Nowlin will make an appearance again. We will see if there is any interest this year! Let's get more discussion going on these games and maybe some talk about the picks you made!

Couple of homer picks:

Don't know what LCC's overall record will be before the tourney, but based on watching them last night vs. Harrison, I think they will win Sectional 34 ... likely setting up a showdown with Andrean out of Sectional 33.  LCC will beat Seeger in a Section 34 preview.

Harrison looked good and got stronger as the night progressed.  Folks seem to be speculative about WL and saying that they graduated a lot.  I've heard that line before, so I think it'll still be a good game.  Harrison's defense also looked opportunistic in takeways.  Certainly a couple of things to work on, but I think Harrison takes this one; cementing it in the late 3rd quarter. 

On 8/13/2022 at 2:45 PM, foxbat said:

Couple of homer picks:

Don't know what LCC's overall record will be before the tourney, but based on watching them last night vs. Harrison, I think they will win Sectional 34 ... likely setting up a showdown with Andrean out of Sectional 33.  LCC will beat Seeger in a Section 34 preview.

Harrison looked good and got stronger as the night progressed.  Folks seem to be speculative about WL and saying that they graduated a lot.  I've heard that line before, so I think it'll still be a good game.  Harrison's defense also looked opportunistic in takeways.  Certainly a couple of things to work on, but I think Harrison takes this one; cementing it in the late 3rd quarter. 

What did the quarterback play look like from LCC in the scrimmage? I know they gotta replace a stud at the position from the last couple of years.

3 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

What did the quarterback play look like from LCC in the scrimmage? I know they gotta replace a stud at the position from the last couple of years.

Metzger looked good in his reads.  Early on he got a little happy with his passes being over-thrown, but once he settled down, he had a very nice touch on the ball.  He looks comfortable being mobile back there when he needed a little extra time to get the passes out.  He's a little younger than his receivers and last year would have been his first time having Dienhart and Munn as primary receivers ... and he only had a handful of games where he came in at the end to clean up.  In the scrimmage though, he looked comfortable like he'd been playing varsity for a while.  He still has some areas to improve, but he definitely didn't look like he'd just been taken out the box.

I like Metzger a lot as a player and a kid ... all the way back from when he was a youth player.  While he's just a sophomore, I think he's going to look older/mature as folks see him play. 

Hey Friends and maybe a couple of Foes out there (ducks away from some Eastbrook heaters) 

Long long time, but had a moment before I rest my head for the evening, these days of Elementary PE and then time with Bombers after school certainly does take its Tolle (still got it) on this 20 yr veteran of the Bombers staff!!  yes, 20th year, MERCY, can I officially be one of the "old" guys in the game now??  If you count my film engineering when Coach Meeks took over in 1999, this will be my 24th year, also in his 24th year (181-95), our DC's 24th year at RCHS (but a few more other places right out of school as well before back in R)   Coach Stevens, hell, he one of my coaches when I played 95-97 for the Bombers.  While I am at it, Bombers welcoming Coach Wes Radtke to staff, our Girls Bball coach, former NS All Star from our friends in Starke Co, NJSP, along with Austin Metgzer, who was an All State 2 way player for West Central in the mid 2000's, I want to say under Brad Urban years, he had been with our Middle School staff past few years and now up with high school crew.  Returning also is Doug Hannon, who was our OL line coach back in early 2010's, and our OL coach in 2014 state run.  

Bombers are playing in our 125th season this year, we are excited as always, as Coach Meeks has said in a couple of media spots already, we will be young but experienced, playing a 4-5 freshman last year who are now obviously Sophomores.   Jordan Cree, who was named small school defensive player of the year for the Journal Courier returns for his SR year and is a 3 year starter.  Jordan was state qualifier in Wrestling and Shot Putt in 2021 as well.  GREAT to see a 3 way athlete have success !!   

Annual Cracker Barrel game is upon us, gets a little more juice as they say with return of Region Royalty ( I say that will upmost legitimate respect) in Kirk Kennedy along with his long time friend and DC Brad Stewart.  

Not sure when I will have a moment to stop by for an extended period of time, but as always, I want to wish all my Hoosier Conference the absolute best except on weeks 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. and possible weeks, 10, 11, or 12 too (Hoosier Conf vs Region in Section 25 !!!). 

Cheers 

Coach Nowlin 

P.S.  I really thought the Freshman QB from LCC JV last year was very good and talented along with the rest of their team, lots of good looking yutes (did you say YUTE?) so assuming that was the Metzger kid.  

P.S.S.  West Lafayette until someone in the West says otherwise 

P.S.S.S.:  I have a couple C(k)atalina's on my rosters:  I have dropped the required POW POW

P.S.S.S. S Sorry Kokomo area Hoosier Conf peeps:  ONE EYE JACKS (Winamac, IN) destroyed my Tenderloin experiences over the years in your neck of the woods.  

P.S.S.S.S.S Local sadness, @CoachDurham  , assuming he heard, but Rex Marskamp passed away last Tuesday, he was LEGEND in our area and NWI, sometimes ornery, but always REX 

P.S.S.S.S.S.S Really, cannot believe I am in year 20 for Bomber Football, its a very special program with my coaching brothers and all our hard working kids this year and previous years, I am very blessed!!  

• Like 6

On 8/15/2022 at 2:14 PM, foxbat said:

Metzger looked good in his reads.  Early on he got a little happy with his passes being over-thrown, but once he settled down, he had a very nice touch on the ball.  He looks comfortable being mobile back there when he needed a little extra time to get the passes out.  He's a little younger than his receivers and last year would have been his first time having Dienhart and Munn as primary receivers ... and he only had a handful of games where he came in at the end to clean up.  In the scrimmage though, he looked comfortable like he'd been playing varsity for a while.  He still has some areas to improve, but he definitely didn't look like he'd just been taken out the box.

I like Metzger a lot as a player and a kid ... all the way back from when he was a youth player.  While he's just a sophomore, I think he's going to look older/mature as folks see him play. 

I was told the Mazur kid came back out. Is that not true? Or playing a different position? 

2 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

I was told the Mazur kid came back out. Is that not true? Or playing a different position? 

He's back, but I had heard at the scrimmage that he either recently had surgery or was recovering from an injury.

Any news on the LCC game from last night?  I another thread, someone had posted that there were some shoving matches and extra curricular activity going on. 

Heading out to eat with my daughter and her fiancee, but will weigh in a bit later on on West Lafayette's game last night.  The rumors of them graduating a lot of guys and being a question mark were just that ... rumors.  They will be a force ... easily in the HC and predominantly in 3A ... as long as they don't get out over their skis.

20 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Any news on the LCC game from last night?

From J&C, looks like lots of offense and good defense: Central Catholic 45, Seeger 21: Bobby Metzger (CC) 24-34, 258 yards, 4 TD; Baylor Smith (CC) 23 car., 190 yards, 2 TD; Evan Dienhart (CC) 16 rec., 168 yards, 3 TD; Brinn Robbins (CC) 10 tackles, 4 TFL; Nick Page (CC) 7 tackles, 5 TFL; Will Spencer (CC) 5 tackles, 3 TFL