Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

From J&C, looks like lots of offense and good defense: Central Catholic 45, Seeger 21: Bobby Metzger (CC) 24-34, 258 yards, 4 TD; Baylor Smith (CC) 23 car., 190 yards, 2 TD; Evan Dienhart (CC) 16 rec., 168 yards, 3 TD; Brinn Robbins (CC) 10 tackles, 4 TFL; Nick Page (CC) 7 tackles, 5 TFL; Will Spencer (CC) 5 tackles, 3 TFL

Sounds like Seegers stay close for a while. Most expected a running clock. 

25 minutes ago, Maynard111 said:

Depending on where you are on the east (visitors) sideline the play clock obstructs the view of the lower part of the scoreboard.
Ooops 

Shoulda went with a new scoreboard also. Huskies got one.

5B3CC68C-C14E-4337-9FA6-7ACFFDA8BE09.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foxbat said:

Any news on the LCC game from last night?  I another thread, someone had posted that there were some shoving matches and extra curricular activity going on

Yeah, I heard lots of extra curricular activity. If what I heard was true, I could see why the series between the schools has been dormant since the late 80s. Usually rivals get that handsy, not 2 programs who never play each other. 

Fun fact: Warren County is one of like 3 counties in Indiana who does not have a catholic church in it's boundaries. Legend has it back in the late 1800s one tried to set up shop in Williamsport and it was ran out of town. Maybe Warren County folks just don't like catholics?

Edit: I'm from Warren County, and I approve this conspiracy theory....

Edited by JustForObservation
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, JustForObservation said:

Yeah, I heard lots of extra curricular activity. If what I heard was true, I could see why the series between the schools has been dormant since the late 80s. Usually rivals get that handsy, not 2 programs who never play each other. 

Fun fact: Warren County is one of like 3 counties in Indiana who does not have a catholic church in it's boundaries. Legend has it back in the late 1800s one tried to set up shop in Williamsport and it was ran out of town. Maybe Warren County folks just don't like catholics?

LCC and Seeger played a couple of times in the mid-2000s, 2004/2006.  Seeger bounced up to 2A shortly after and then back down to 1A and back up to 2A again, but the two teams haven't come across each in post season for just under a couple of decades.  Not sure why LCC scheduled Seeger other than necessity to pick up an OOC game since the contract with Tri-West had expired.  Being in the same sectional, they may get a shot to meet again.

Fun fact: Despite the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana spanning 24 counties, there are only two Catholic high schools in the diocese: LCC, the older brother, and Guerin, the younger brother.  They play annually for the Bishop's Cannon and, at the game, the bishop of the diocese sits on one side for half the game and then switches sides at the half to support both schools.

Saw the WL - Harrison game last night.  WL looks good this year.  Harrison had four turnovers in the 2nd half alone including a pair of picks in the red zone and a fumbled kickoff after a WL score.

WL's quick and runs A LOT of outside stuff from the backfield.  They seemed to be less successful in the middle, except with Mullis the big QB carrying.  Mullis is probably pushing 200 lbs. and looks like a fullback/lineback in the backfield.  Fast and hard to bring down.  Fairly varied passing game.  As they've done in the past, they also get to that no-huddle offense fairly quickly. 

On defense, Harrison was having success between the tackles and I'm not sure why they strayed from that.  WL will need to shore that up; however, in fairness, they were playing a 5A line.

WL should be in decent shape for 3A as many teams are not going to be able to keep up with the speed on the corners/ends and are going to have trouble running no-huddle for most of the game ... a WL staple.  Most 3A are also not going to have defensive lines/boxes that are sized to stifle WL, so they may have more success in the middle.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, foxbat said:

LCC and Seeger played a couple of times in the mid-2000s, 2004/2006.  Seeger bounced up to 2A shortly after and then back down to 1A and back up to 2A again, but the two teams haven't come across each in post season for just under a couple of decades. 

Seeger and LCC use to play annually in the regular season in the 80s in football. Legend has it that something happened in the late 80s at a game at Seeger to make both sideline clear out and turned into an all out brawl. IHSAA said no more regular season meetings in football. Evidently, 30 some years later, IHSAA said they can start the series again. 

LC_Bears_04 18   12
snoot 18   12
nmsu_aggie 18   12
gonzoron 15   15
foxbat 15   15
WCGrad92 15   15
Boilernation 15   15
CoachDurham 15   15
Ballhawk 15   15
CoachSnyder 15   15
Donnie Baker 15   15
Skeeterman 15   15
dcjjones 12   18
Mongo 12   18
Fballfan15 12   18
Mod22 12   18
Muda69 9   21
FarmerFran 9  

I attended the Lapel/Hamilton Heights game and came away very impressed by the Huskies. Both of their lines were big and I don't believe I saw any two way players. Good size all across the defense with some LB'ers and Safeties who will hit. The QB has a nice arm and they have a 5'10 Sophomore who was making plays. I believe he had 2 long TD receptions as well as a kick return for a TD. 

Kirschner turned things around last year in Arcadia. The Huskies could be poised to take the East Division this year.

15 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Anyone have insights on Twin Lakes - Northwestern?  Looks like it caught almost everyone by surprise.

Those who live in Northwest Howard County were not surprised about the outcome of the game. Coach Patchett has really got those boys to buy in. The Cardwell kid can flat play football he didn't need much to plant and go for them. What were expectations coming out of Twin Lakes this year? 

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Is Cass going to be able to make some noise in the conference this year, or did they just face a really bad Pioneer team? 

Also, what happened to Tipton? I thought they graduated some talent, but I never saw them losing to Frankton.

OL lost 4 starters from last year. Top sophomore lineman can’t play anymore, top frosh lineman who would probably have played broke his hand. Another OL lineman transferred to TC. Then 4 OL went out against Frankton with injuries or cramping. To put it simply, we could not block. There’s enough athletes and young talent that I think they’ll get it turned around. Defense had 4 sophomores and 3 freshman out there most of the second half and played outstanding but it was definitely a brutal first game. 

Edited by Fballfan15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Obi-Wan said:

Those who live in Northwest Howard County were not surprised about the outcome of the game. Coach Patchett has really got those boys to buy in. The Cardwell kid can flat play football he didn't need much to plant and go for them. What were expectations coming out of Twin Lakes this year? 

I knew that TL had slipped a bit last season and took some beatings, but in their couple wins seemed to have handled Northwestern and Benton Central fairly comfortably whereas Northwestern's closest games were an 8-6 loss to BC and a 26-20 loss to Cass.  It appears that Northwestern really got to work in the off-season.  Looks like we'll get a chance to see how much improvement happens as they square off with Eastern and LCC in the next two games.  On the other hand, TL will get a little respite against Clay this week before Tipton comes to town the following week.

23 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Is Cass going to be able to make some noise in the conference this year, or did they just face a really bad Pioneer team? 

Also, what happened to Tipton? I thought they graduated some talent, but I never saw them losing to Frankton.

I am interested in seeing how Cass uses their size in the passing game.  I know they have one package that puts the shortest guy on a route at 6'5".  Hillis (6'5") at QB and Fry at RB have been playing since their Freshman year and are now Juniors.  Chambers at 6'6 has bumped out to TE from guard and the addition of Tyson Good at 6'6 who hasn't played since his freshman year is a great pickup.  Also have Keaton Lewellon at 6'7 lining up on the outside.  Should be plenty of weapons on offense and defense.  This is the most mature team Cass has had in recent years.  Interested in seeing how they perform in the coming weeks.

On 8/20/2022 at 7:30 PM, JustForObservation said:

Interesting Stuff.  My Dad group up in Pine Village one of 10 kids in a big Catholic family.  I know they went to Church on Oxford (Benton County). 

23 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Cass is better and pioneer is down.  Not to worry, you just need to focus on LCC for your sectional championship!

43 minutes ago, dcjjones said:

I am interested in seeing how Cass uses their size in the passing game.  I know they have one package that puts the shortest guy on a route at 6'5".  Hillis (6'5") at QB and Fry at RB have been playing since their Freshman year and are now Juniors.  Chambers at 6'6 has bumped out to TE from guard and the addition of Tyson Good at 6'6 who hasn't played since his freshman year is a great pickup.  Also have Keaton Lewellon at 6'7 lining up on the outside.  Should be plenty of weapons on offense and defense.  This is the most mature team Cass has had in recent years.  Interested in seeing how they perform in the coming weeks.

4 minutes ago, Scat said:

Cass is better and pioneer is down.  Not to worry, you just need to focus on LCC for your sectional championship!

Thanks for the info. I graduated from Cass so it was more of just wanting to know how the 'ole alma mater was gonna look this year. We're trying to stay focused on Knox this week and going undefeated in the conference. I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about the other teams in Sectional 34 and their records tho 😉 

• Like 1

nmsu_aggie 41   19
LC_Bears_04 40   20
Ballhawk 39   21
gonzoron 37   23
Donnie Baker 37   23
Mongo 37   23
Fballfan15 37   23
snoot 35   25
CoachSnyder 35   25
WCGrad92 34   26
Mod22 33   27