Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference

On 8/29/2022 at 10:18 AM, First_Backer_Inside said:

Hats off to the Benton Central head coach and his staff. First 2-0 start since 2011. Hope to see the bison win a few conference games this year. Only gonna make the conference stronger.

Andy's a great guy!  I used to coach against him when he and Steve were rebuilding the youth program there.  Great attitude and really patient with the kids.  Definitely in it for the right reasons.  Always enjoyed talking and joking with him before and after our games.  Wish him and the BC program continued success.

HOOSIER CONFERENCE PICK EM STANDINGS   Total
  W   L
LC_Bears_04 64   26
Ballhawk 63   27
Donnie Baker 61   29
gonzoron 58   32
nmsu_aggie 56   34
snoot 56   34
CoachSnyder 56   34
Mongo 55   35
Fballfan15 55   35
Mod22 54   36
foxbat 53   37
WCGrad92 52   38
Muda69 50   40
Skeeterman 47   43
FarmerFran 47   43
dcjjones 45   45
Sailors 39   51
CoachDurham 36   54
Bears62 22   68
Obi-Wan 19   71
Boilernation 15   75

HOOSIER CONFERENCE PICK EM STANDINGS   Total
  W   L
Ballhawk 87   33
LC_Bears_04 85   35
nmsu_aggie 80   40
Donnie Baker 79   41
Mongo 79   41
CoachSnyder 78   42
snoot 77   43
foxbat 77   43
gonzoron 76   44
Muda69 74   46
Fballfan15 73   47
Mod22 72   48
dcjjones 72   48
FarmerFran 71   49
WCGrad92 70   50
Skeeterman 65   55
CoachDurham 57   63
Sailors 54   66
Caleb23 24   96
Bears62 22   98
Obi-Wan 19   101
Boilernation 15   105

On 9/14/2022 at 1:31 PM, BendNotBreak said:

Big game for the HC east this week... Western @ HH. The winner should b able to punch their tix for a date w WL w a win over the Kings. The Western record is not good ...till u look at who they played.... 🤔    i'll jus check out the pic em...  😄

For those who might be interested. Western at Hamilton Heights 7pm. HH Homecoming tonight, should be another big crowd.

2 hours ago, nmsu_aggie said:

It goes fast doesn’t it?!

It does. Too fast. This is the last one. I've had a son in the football program since 2010(2nd grade for the first one), and a child in the school system for 35 of the last 40 years. My oldest was a cheerleader Class of '95. If you count the 13 years I went to school here, that's gotta be some kind of record. Next year is gonna be tough.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

It does. Too fast. This is the last one. I've had a son in the football program since 2010(2nd grade for the first one), and a child in the school system for 35 of the last 40 years. My oldest was a cheerleader Class of '95. If you count the 13 years I went to school here, that's gotta be some kind of record. Next year is gonna be tough.

I graduated in ‘77. My oldest son in ‘04.  Youngest son in ‘09 (different school). I still go to as many WL games as I can.  Even drove up to Rensselaer this evening.  I also go to other HS games when I can.

You can still go to the HS games after the kids have left the nest.  It is also easier to leave early, if the game is a blowout. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nmsu_aggie said:

I graduated in ‘77. My oldest son in ‘04.  Youngest son in ‘09 (different school). I still go to as many WL games as I can.  Even drove up to Rensselaer this evening.  I also go to other HS games when I can.

You can still go to the HS games after the kids have left the nest.  It is also easier to leave early, if the game is a blowout. 

I kind of did it backwards as I was attending high school games before either of my two boys played sports; or were even born.  Mainly it was to support the older brothers of the kids that I had started coaching in the youth program, but then later to support the boys/girls that I had coached along with finally having sons that enjoyed football for the game.  Now I'm at the point where I'm sitting in the stands to watch my oldest son play as I haven't coached any of the kids on the team that he currently plays on; but I have unofficially coached their little brothers.  Still have another two years for the oldest in high school and another six before his younger brother gets out of high school. 

At that point, the pipeline should be empty between my own and the kids that I've coached, but I have a feeling that I won't quite be gone from the stands.  At the Harrison/LCC scrimmage, I was looking at the roster and looking at how many of the kids on the LCC team I had coached before I retired from coaching in their youth program.  Worked out that there were only about 12 kids on that roster that I hadn't coached.  What caught my attention though and hit me, with something that I had never thought about while coaching, is that four kids that I coached in the youth program at LCC are now on the varsity coaching staff there.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, nmsu_aggie said:

Father son ties.... no Lcc back in '42 when he a Sr at WL....  he played for HOF Ast coach Gordon... n I played agnst him.... so u could say we followed it all for 75rs.... good times.... 👍

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Father son ties.... no Lcc back in '42 when he a Sr at WL....  he played for HOF Ast coach Gordon... n I played agnst him.... so u could say we followed it all for 75rs.... good times.... 👍

I will even confess to wearing his '39 letter sweater once in awhile under my jacket of course!  😂 

• Haha 1

Will be interesting to see how it plays out, but a potential Cass/LCC mathup in the crossover game week 9 and then turn around and draw each other first round of Sectional. I think the deciding games will be this week RC and LCC and then how Cass plays Western and HH. Theres been a few years where you play teams regular season and then crossover to play them again, but not many times is it Crossover and Sectional. If Cass and LCC had each other regular season they could've played each other three teams in a year. With how equally matched I think they are this year just going off scores (which even tho I'm not a believer in the transitive property I find myself doing it all the time) that could have been quite the series of three games.