Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Haven't seen a lot of film for either one. Based off of what I know, I think it will come down to the LCC offense vs Cass defense. Can the Kings stop that high powered offense with their top 10 defense in 2A? On the flip side, can the Kings offense that isn't putting up a lot of points this year score against the LCC defense that seems disinterested in that side of the ball at times. Look for special teams to be a difference maker in the winner of this game for either team. Interested to see if Cass takes advantage of their size at the skilled position on the outside. I think this will be key in their ability to move the ball. Selfishly, I'm pulling for a Cass win. Would love to see two very physical Wing-T offenses going at it for the Sectional Championship(if the Zebras can get it done against the Bison, who are having a fantastic season for their program). But I think LCC is definitely the favorite in this one.

Pretty accurate and succinct assessment. 

LCC has typically done well with special teams over the years.  LCC's point kicker, Henry, has been 100% on PATs and 4-4 on FGs this year ... long of 28.  Kickoff average though, different kicker, seems to be down this year at just a tad over 30 yards or so ... matter of fact, the punt average is more than the kickoff average.  Maybe the vast majority of these are squibs or sky kicks that are killed around the 30, but if not, it's another problem for the defense.

19 minutes ago, chardeemacdennis said:

Will the Cass - LCC game be streamed on the line?

The only HC game that I see streaming is the Rochester-Benton Central game on ihsaatv.org.  I don't see any evidence that ISC sports will be streaming FB.

Don't know about radio streaming.

36 minutes ago, nmsu_aggie said:

The only HC game that I see streaming is the Rochester-Benton Central game on ihsaatv.org.  I don't see any evidence that ISC sports will be streaming FB.

Don't know about radio streaming.

Wrong. Chatard at Hamilton Heights is scheduled also.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dcjjones said:

Only need to decide now if I am going to Walts or Teays River before the game.

Lots of CC folks over at Walt's even though his boy played at McCutcheon ... although he did play youth ball at LCC.  I'm a fan of Walt's over Teay's River although my son favors Teay's ... of course my son's loyalty goes right out the window if he finds out that I'm buying. :classic_smile:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dcjjones said:

Only need to decide now if I am going to Walts or Teays River before the game.

I had this game circled to attend... but hav to take care of some things in the far reaches of NE Ind.. Waits is typically favored by those that remember the original Walts!  😂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Lots of CC folks over at Walt's even though his boy played at McCutcheon ... although he did play youth ball at LCC.  I'm a fan of Walt's over Teay's River although my son favors Teay's ... of course my son's loyalty goes right out the window if he finds out that I'm buying. :classic_smile:

Since I am a Catholic in the Lafayette arch diocese this is sort of a home game for this King.  Maybe the LCC folks will grant me some favor at Walts. LOL

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, dcjjones said:

Since I am a Catholic in the Lafayette arch diocese this is sort of a home game for this King.  Maybe the LCC folks will grant me some favor at Walts. LOL

All r welcome!  That D of the Kings has me thinking n upset is in the making... as more can go wrong w the Lcc O.... n the Lcc D  hasn't showed up in the big games.... but... if Lcc can jump on em early n take care of the rock... mite b enuff..... Should b a fun game!!

7 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

All r welcome!  That D of the Kings has me thinking n upset is in the making... as more can go wrong w the Lcc O.... n the Lcc D  hasn't showed up in the big games.... but... if Lcc can jump on em early n take care of the rock... mite b enuff..... Should b a fun game!!

The LCC football team was at 9:30 mass at St. Lawrence last Sunday.  I thought Father was going to bawl them out for playing poor D against good teams, but he did not.  Two of the players did the readings.  If they can get up in front of everyone in church, they shouldn't be afraid of the Kings. 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tippy said:

The LCC football team was at 9:30 mass at St. Lawrence last Sunday.  I thought Father was going to bawl them out for playing poor D against good teams, but he did not.  Two of the players did the readings.  If they can get up in front of everyone in church, they shouldn't be afraid of the Kings. 🙂

Shoulda made it 6:30a!!!  🤣   they'll b ready....

8 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Shoulda made it 6:30a!!!  🤣   they'll b ready....

If they don't beat the Kings the football team will be going to 7:30 am Mass every Sunday for the next two months, and will be going to confession every two weeks at 3:30pm on Saturday.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tippy said:

Atoning for that loss to Heights?

Lord, I apologize for that there.

15 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Atoning for that loss to Heights?

Lord, I apologize for that there.

I don't know about atoning for that loss, but the team had breakfast in the Social Hall after Mass.  The sermon was about finding the good in all people even when it is hard to do so.  He said it is probably hard for the football players to find the good in Coach when he makes them run Suicide drills.

38 minutes ago, Tippy said:

If they don't beat the Kings the football team will be going to 7:30 am Mass every Sunday for the next two months, and will be going to confession every two weeks at 3:30pm on Saturday.

Dang.... tight ship these days.... we jus had to run r selves into the ground every sat mourn to atone 4 r mistakes...  2 funny