Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Marion HS is looking for a Week 1 home game this season

Wow.  2-year series with Eastbrook is over?  Wonder which side ended that. 

I see Eastbrook now is playing Huntington North and New Haven instead of Marion and Delta.  Unfortunate given how bad the CIC is.  I would like to have seen them add some better competition.  Going to be hard to beat Bishop Luers, Pioneer, LCC, Rensselaer Central, Andrean or whoever they play if they get out of sectional if they haven't faced that level of competition yet.  Maybe they don't think they'll have the talent to worry about it the next couple of seasons.  I think the tougher non-conference clearly helped them in 2019.  

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

4A 20 E-MAIL CORRECTIONS FOOTBALL FIELD 0-0
TOURNAMENT HISTORY
MARION
GIANTS
Coach: James Bell, 10-4 in 2nd year at school

DATE OPPONENT EASTERN TIME OA 0.0, DA 0.0
Sep. 3   Kokomo 5A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 24 at Lafayette Jeff 6A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 1   Muncie Central 4A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 15   McCutcheon 5A © 7:00 pm    
©NORTH CENTRAL CONFERENCE GAME

Looks like they have several openings to fill

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 11:41 PM, XStar said:

Wow.  2-year series with Eastbrook is over?  Wonder which side ended that. 

I see Eastbrook now is playing Huntington North and New Haven instead of Marion and Delta.  Unfortunate given how bad the CIC is.  I would like to have seen them add some better competition.  Going to be hard to beat Bishop Luers, Pioneer, LCC, Rensselaer Central, Andrean or whoever they play if they get out of sectional if they haven't faced that level of competition yet.  Maybe they don't think they'll have the talent to worry about it the next couple of seasons.  I think the tougher non-conference clearly helped them in 2019.  

Marion wanted out not sure why.... I know they lost a lot of talent so maybe thats why. We tried to get better competition but would have to travel 2hrs to get a game all teams around are still under contract. 

• Like 1

Did they schedule New Bremen (OH) as reported on Yappi? Probably be Marion's week 2 and New Bremen's week 1. That seems like quite a drive for either party. New Bremen from the Mighty small scool division MAC got their first football title last season in the smallest division. Basically our 1A and small 2A schools.

12 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Did they schedule New Bremen (OH) as reported on Yappi? Probably be Marion's week 2 and New Bremen's week 1. That seems like quite a drive for either party. New Bremen from the Mighty small scool division MAC got their first football title last season in the smallest division. Basically our 1A and small 2A schools.

Marion will play New Bremen (OH) week 1 and Mississinewa week 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 9:40 PM, panther10 said:

Marion wanted out not sure why.... I know they lost a lot of talent so maybe thats why. We tried to get better competition but would have to travel 2hrs to get a game all teams around are still under contract. 

Jay co dropped norwell this year so now I heard they head down to indi for week1. Norwell v Eastbrook would’ve been a good week 1 game.  Eastbrook pounded the knights for a few years as they were rebuilding.  They back now.... would’ve been a good one.