Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Pioneer - What's the Secret

Pioneer, not only in football, but in all sports has been absolutely killing it the last 10 years.  Heres a brief run down...

2014/15 - Football State Runner Up

2016/17 - Football State Runner Up

2017/18 - Football State Champion

2017/18 - Softball State Champion

2018/19 - Volleyball State Runner Up

2018/19 - Football State Champion

2018/19  - Softball State Runner Up

2019/20 - Girls Basketball State Runner Up

2020/21 - Volleyball State Champion

2020/21 - Girls Basketball ???(TBA)

And this doesn't include any of their multiple Semi-State Trips, which there are multiple

What are they doing right?  It's not like they have an overwhelming enrollment over other 1A teams.  I get small schools having a run of athletes but does it usually span 8-10 years of sustained success?

20 minutes ago, Dolts said:

Pioneer, not only in football, but in all sports has been absolutely killing it the last 10 years.  Heres a brief run down...

2014/15 - Football State Runner Up

2016/17 - Football State Runner Up

2017/18 - Football State Champion

2017/18 - Softball State Champion

2018/19 - Volleyball State Runner Up

2018/19 - Football State Champion

2018/19  - Softball State Runner Up

2019/20 - Girls Basketball State Runner Up

2020/21 - Volleyball State Champion

2020/21 - Girls Basketball ???(TBA)

And this doesn't include any of their multiple Semi-State Trips, which there are multiple

What are they doing right?  It's not like they have an overwhelming enrollment over other 1A teams.  I get small schools having a run of athletes but does it usually span 8-10 years of sustained success?

We’ve been pumping HGH and roids into the water for years. Isn’t that common practice???

Edited by FarmerFran
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

We’ve been pumping HGH and roids into the water for years. Isn’t that common practice???

I'm just trying to think of the amount of money Pioneer has spent at Jostens, or Herf Jones in rings the last 10 years.....

1 minute ago, Dolts said:

I'm just trying to think of the amount of money Pioneer has spent at Jostens, or Herf Jones in rings the last 10 years.....

I'm sure there is a rich Cass county farmer or two that happily picks up the tab........................

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

Boys:  it has all been in football. Football - its called Kiser for 4 years (D1 talent at 1A level makes a big difference) and Llewelyn brothers for 3 years, 1A for most of that and very good coaching.

Girls: Real question is girls sports? They have been good across multiple sports.

Pioneer's football success is historic and dates well beyond Jack Kiser and the Llewelyn brothers. To attribute the dominance of that program to those 3 players is misinformed. Below are some of the past years before Jack Kiser came in as a freshman.

2015 - 12-1, sectional champs, lost to LCC 31-14

2014 - 13-2, state runners-up

2013 - 10-3, sectional champs

2009-2012 - 38-6, no sectional championships due to running into the meat grinder that was LCC who won 4 straight state championships

Their most recent state championship teams can definitely thank Kiser and the Llewelyns, but those teams would've likely won those games without them. The entire team was fantastic and just physically beat people up. If the success factor was in place from 2009-2012, Pioneer likely would have 4 state championships in 10 years.

Edited by FlyingHigh

18 minutes ago, DT said:

How could you possibly not win wearing that helmet?

Those boys must be breathing fire when they come out of the tunnel.  Makes it feel just like The Big House!

At least their mascot isn’t the largest member of the weasel family.😂😅🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Kill me now 1

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

At least their mascot isn’t the largest member of the weasel family.😂😅🤣

LOL.  Everybody hates the Wolverines.  Here in Columbus, they call them "Meat Chicken"

My favorite version of the UM uniform are the road unis during the Rick Leach era.  Good Ole number 7 was a winner.  Rick Leach | Michigan wolverines football, Wolverines football, Michigan  football

Edited by DT

3 minutes ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Why would a basketball school fire up the Pioneer football team? 

Rank Team Won Lost Tied* Pct. Total Games
1 Michigan 964 350 36 .727 1350
2 Ohio State 1 931 327 53 .730 1311
3 Alabama 2 929 331 43 .729 1303
4 Texas 923 378 33 .704 1334
5 Notre Dame 918 328 42 .729 1288

You are still looking up at the all time champs.  We will all be worm food by the time Brutus catches up.

3 minutes ago, DT said:

You are still looking up at the all time champs.  We will all be worm food by the time Brutus catches up.

I despise O$U, but speak for yourself...

1 hour ago, RegionFBFan said:

Boys:  it has all been in football. Football - its called Kiser for 4 years (D1 talent at 1A level makes a big difference) and Llewelyn brothers for 3 years, 1A for most of that and very good coaching.

Girls: Real question is girls sports? They have been good across multiple sports.

If I was Nowlins I’d ban your ass and I’ll say it right to your face. Girls play too. STATE LAW!

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, DT said:

How could you possibly not win wearing that helmet?

Those boys must be breathing fire when they come out of the tunnel.  Makes it feel just like The Big House!

No disrespect, because there's a certain character to it, but you've obviously not visited The Pit in person. 🙂

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Sorry DT, but racking up wins against the local high school or boys club in the early part of last century is bogus questionable at best. I’m just hopeful to be around when the head to head record lead changes hands. 

4 minutes ago, foxbat said:

No disrespect, because there's a certain character to it, but you've obviously not visited The Pit in person. 🙂

Never been there.  But when I put on that helmet, Im there in my dreams.

5 minutes ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Sorry DT, but racking up wins against the local high school or boys club in the early part of last century is bogus questionable at best. I’m just hopeful to be around when the head to head record lead changes hands. 

I figured.  LOL   

If I was Nowlins I’d ban your ass and I’ll say it right to your face. Girls play too. STATE LAW!

Ole Donnie Boy you having a bad day or just part of the new Cancel Culture???

You completely misconstrued my post. If you read the original post in thread, it listed a lot of teams that were mostly Girls teams from various sports with Boys only coming from football. My question was even more specific to the original one as to what is the secret to the success to the Girls sports at Pioneer.

Coach Nowlin replied with some good posts as to why the success from Adam Berry.

You need to chill out and take you banning/cancel culture, overreaction elsewhere! Ridiculous!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

You completely misconstrued my post. If you read the original post in thread, it listed a lot of teams that were mostly Girls teams from various sports with Boys only coming from football. My question was even more specific to the original one as to what is the secret to the success to the Girls sports at Pioneer.

Coach Nowlin replied with some good posts as to why the success from Adam Berry.

You need to chill out and take you banning/cancel culture, overreaction elsewhere! Ridiculous!

For football, these boys have been running the same offense since third grade. We have had consistency in coaching from youth on up generally seeing the most turnover at the junior high level.

These young men go in with the mindset that they are going to step up and win every single game they play in no matter the opponent. 

Another cool tidbit, every coach on the high school staff except for one is a former Panther. 

In short consistency in coaching, scheme and high player expectations are the secret. 

1 hour ago, RegionFBFan said:

The only thing I see canceled is your pulse when I rip out your karate arteries. 
You regions boys are probably good bagpipe players with all the air you blow. I swear to God you do. The only good dudes I ever seen from the region is Nowlins and Brad Smith. You typed 4 paragraphs but I’m the over responder! I gotta go 

• Haha 4