Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Concordia's head coach steps down

On 3/10/2021 at 9:57 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

I believe he is also Director of Athletics 

Sometimes its just the right time to shift sole focus to one or the other   

Nah, dual roles are common place , in a lot of big schools. For money. I’m thinking burned out. 

He’s going to be hard to replace.  His 2016 team was heads and tails ahead of any 3A and “Success Factored” 4A team at the time (in 2016, traditional 4A teams like Cathedral, Columbus North and New Pal had already moved on to 5A).

In 2016, Concordia was an absolute MACHINE.  As an ancient EIAC guy, I felt terrible that Lawrenceburg drew THAT short straw.

Even last year, he came up with a game plan (minus, perhaps, his top offensive player) that fought Chatard (who ended the year as the 6th ranked team in ALL, repeat, ALL classes per Sagarin) right down to the very, very end.  

To be clear, the 3A State Championship games last year were ALL played in the North between Chatard, Concordia and Mishawaka Marian (the Lucas Oil “State Championship” game was an afterthought.........thanks Tri-West AD, btw).  

Not that it needs reminding (but I will), the 3A State Champion defeated the 4A State Champion during regular season play.....

Back to the point,  BIG SHOES need to be filled at Concordia.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Lysander said:

He’s going to be hard to replace.  His 2016 team was heads and tails ahead of any 3A and “Success Factored” 4A team at the time (in 2016, traditional 4A teams like Cathedral, Columbus North and New Pal had already moved on to 5A).

In 2016, Concordia was an absolute MACHINE.  As an ancient EIAC guy, I felt terrible that Lawrenceburg drew THAT short straw.

Even last year, he came up with a game plan (minus, perhaps, his top offensive player) that fought Chatard (who ended the year as the 6th ranked team in ALL, repeat, ALL classes per Sagarin) right down to the very, very end.  

To be clear, the 3A State Championship games last year were ALL played in the North between Chatard, Concordia and Mishawaka Marian (the Lucas Oil “State Championship” game was an afterthought.........thanks Tri-West AD, btw).  

Not that it needs reminding (but I will), the 3A State Champion defeated the 4A State Champion during regular season play.....

MM was a beast.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lysander said:

It was their principal.  LOL.  But yeah, hard to argue.