Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Funny Football Quotes

1 hour ago, maroonman said:

Many years ago (1998) I shared a luncheon table with Walter Stuhldreher, nephew of Four Horsemen quarterback Harry Stuhldreher.

He told several stories of his uncle and the Four Horsemen.

Grantland Rice’s story about that Army game included maybe the most famous lead in the history of sportswriting:

Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below.

• Like 1

John McKay is a treasure when it comes to great quotes.

"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."

"Emotion is highly overrated in football. My wife Corky is emotional as hell but can't play football worth a damn."

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Irishman said:

"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."

"Emotion is highly overrated in football. My wife Corky is emotional as hell but can't play football worth a damn."

Same with Mrs. Gipper, one very emotional broad--tough as nails however...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Irishman said:

I think he was the coach who, when asked in a postgame press conference to comment on his team’s execution replied “I’m in favor of it.”

• Like 1

I Don't know who said this but there was a coach who didn't like it when team was hit with a 15 yard penalty and yelled "you stink" to the ref. The ref marched off 15 more yards and said to the coach "how do I smell from here?"

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jakone said:

I Don't know who said this but there was a coach who didn't like it when team was hit with a 15 yard penalty and yelled "you stink" to the ref. The ref marched off 15 more yards and said to the coach "how do I smell from here?"

@Bobref, that you?

🤣