Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  46 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

2nd Amendment Thread

Muda69

2 hours ago, swordfish said:

278259747_461166865694803_1417145836380222679_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=AJQEyaBBZvkAX8XEAoR&_nc_ht=scontent.find2-1.fna&oh=00_AT8nz4Gbm8_vfDZLaOXwzpGRqsKqEYylheq6MM-VZkYT8g&oe=62599BDC

The anti Christians and atheists will argue this until they are blue in the face.  🙂

Biden wants to continue to limit the 2A, but literally handed over billions of $ worth of guns and military equipment to folks who hate the US.

Oh the guy is a 🤡

• 1 month later...

So I have heard on every news cast since Saturday there was a disgusting shooting in Buffalo over the weekend where a lot of innocent people were gunned down by a racist lunatic who (IMHO) deserves nothing less than the death penalty and whatever worse punishment we can heap on him he deserves it.  

Did anyone hear about the mass shooting in Southern California?  Or about the 33 people shot in Chicago (5 fatally)?  Or New York City?

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shooting-weekend-violence-crime-police/11855997/

On 5/16/2022 at 10:24 AM, swordfish said:

So I have heard on every news cast since Saturday there was a disgusting shooting in Buffalo over the weekend where a lot of innocent people were gunned down by a racist lunatic who (IMHO) deserves nothing less than the death penalty and whatever worse punishment we can heap on him he deserves it.  

Did anyone hear about the mass shooting in Southern California?  Or about the 33 people shot in Chicago (5 fatally)?  Or New York City?

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shooting-weekend-violence-crime-police/11855997/

Buffalo fits the correct narrative. 

A wedge issue in an election year......Let's just keep highlighting it......Kinda like "Replacement Theory" being something new that radical white nationalists  dreamed up recently......(NYT - 10/29/2018) not last week, and from a liberal nonetheless.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/nyt-we-can-replace-them/

We Can Replace Them
In Georgia, a chance to rebuke white nationalism.

By Michelle Goldberg, Opinion Columnist, Oct. 29, 2018

… Right now America is tearing itself apart as an embittered white conservative minority clings to power, terrified at being swamped by a new multiracial polyglot majority. The divide feels especially stark in Georgia, where the midterm election is a battle between Trumpist reaction and the multicultural America whose emergence the right is trying, at all costs, to forestall. …

Kemp is the candidate of aggrieved whiteness.

How dare whites feel aggrieved about being replaced? Those bastards, letting themselves get resentful over us replacing them. They deserve what they have coming. We’re not replacing whites because we love power, we are replacing whites because they are hateful. We know they are hateful because of how much they make us hate-filled toward them. If they didn’t flat-out deserve to be hated, we wouldn’t hate them so much. Our boots stamping on their inhuman faces forever is for their own good.

2 hours ago, swordfish said:

A wedge issue in an election year......Let's just keep highlighting it......Kinda like "Replacement Theory" being something new that radical white nationalists  dreamed up recently......(NYT - 10/29/2018) not last week, and from a liberal nonetheless.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/nyt-we-can-replace-them/

We Can Replace Them
In Georgia, a chance to rebuke white nationalism.

By Michelle Goldberg, Opinion Columnist, Oct. 29, 2018

… Right now America is tearing itself apart as an embittered white conservative minority clings to power, terrified at being swamped by a new multiracial polyglot majority. The divide feels especially stark in Georgia, where the midterm election is a battle between Trumpist reaction and the multicultural America whose emergence the right is trying, at all costs, to forestall. …

Kemp is the candidate of aggrieved whiteness.

How dare whites feel aggrieved about being replaced? Those bastards, letting themselves get resentful over us replacing them. They deserve what they have coming. We’re not replacing whites because we love power, we are replacing whites because they are hateful. We know they are hateful because of how much they make us hate-filled toward them. If they didn’t flat-out deserve to be hated, we wouldn’t hate them so much. Our boots stamping on their inhuman faces forever is for their own good.

So - comparing the coverage of the Texas school shooting to the Buffalo shooting of last week.

We knew the identity, the foul racist leanings and had pictures of the Buffalo shooter plastered all over every news source the next morning, we knew where he got his guns, even that he had wore a Haz-mat suit to school one day.  It was all him and his racist views that killed those people.  Yes - he deserves death penalty as brutally as it can be administered.  

This morning, it was all about the guns.  And how we need more gun control, "how many more kids must die"  Yada-yada.  It's the gun's fault, not the shooter's.

Nothing about how the gunman breached the security (or if there even was any). 

Edited by swordfish

On 4/12/2022 at 11:59 AM, DE said:

The anti Christians and atheists will argue this until they are blue in the face.  🙂

Biden wants to continue to limit the 2A, but literally handed over billions of $ worth of guns and military equipment to folks who hate the US.

Oh the guy is a 🤡

Mythology is fun to study.  

33 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Starting to buy into the "Arm the teachers" idea.....

I don’t know…. I’ve known some teachers I was pretty sure were mentally unbalanced, to put it politely. 🤣

3 hours ago, swordfish said:

Starting to buy into the "Arm the teachers" idea.....

There already aren't enough teachers, imbalanced and all.  Most of them can comprehend a sentence, but here we are. 

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Edited by Robert

Arming teachers is a HORRIBLE idea. Kids who want to cause problems can find out who is armed (guessing it would have to be public knowledge since they would be acting as an agent of the State beyond their normal responsibilities) could easily overtake a teacher. When police are called to a school for an active shooter, they see a gun, they are firing. They are NOT taking time to ask who the person is. I think being armed changes the whole dynamic of a student/teacher relationship, on both sides. We do have a couple things in my district that it seems many districts do not. SRO's for one, and secure entrances.....but even then, many shooters come from inside the building and know their way around, and in the case in Florida, the SRO failed MISERABLY at doing his job. There was an armed police office inside Robb Elementary yesterday. So, what if a teacher fails to act? Can they be held personally liable? What if a teacher fires and misses? or even worse.....? 

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Arming teachers is a HORRIBLE idea. Kids who want to cause problems can find out who is armed (guessing it would have to be public knowledge since they would be acting as an agent of the State beyond their normal responsibilities) could easily overtake a teacher. When police are called to a school for an active shooter, they see a gun, they are firing. They are NOT taking time to ask who the person is. I think being armed changes the whole dynamic of a student/teacher relationship, on both sides. We do have a couple things in my district that it seems many districts do not. SRO's for one, and secure entrances.....but even then, many shooters come from inside the building and know their way around, and in the case in Florida, the SRO failed MISERABLY at doing his job. There was an armed police office inside Robb Elementary yesterday. So, what if a teacher fails to act? Can they be held personally liable? What if a teacher fires and misses? or even worse.....? 

You mean, in addition to the fact that many teachers are mentally unstable? 😂🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robert said:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I’ve heard statistics in the wake of the recent well-publicized mass shootings that “[insert really high percentage] of the American an people want meaningful gun control, such as more and better background checks, closing gun show loopholes, magazine size limits, banning “assault” weapons, ad infinitum.” I don’t believe them any more than I believe the statistics I hear coming from the other side. 

I’m not advocating for anything. Just offering my opinion that none of that can come to pass with SCOTUS composed as is, and Congress being what it is. Except, there is a clear path to significant reform. Notice I didn’t say an “easy” path. Repeal the Second Amendment, or at least amend it. It’s been done before. The 21st Amendment repealed the 18th Amendment (Prohibition). There are basically 4 ways to do this:

The proposed Amendment passes Congress by a 2/3 supermajority, and is ratified by either 3/4 of the state legislatures or special conventions held in 3/4 of the states, or the proposed Amendment is passed at a national convention called by congress when requested by 2/3 of the states, and then ratified by either 3/4 of the state legislatures or special conventions held in 3/4 of the states.

If, the support for radical gun control is as widespread as some claim, why isn’t there movement in this direction?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Irishman said:

I can't give an emoji, so here's an Amen, an Aye, and a Here-here!  The same people don't even want us choosing books, but here's a gun??????

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Robert said:

I can't give an emoji, so here's an Amen, an Aye, and a Here-here!  The same people don't even want us choosing books, but here's a gun??????

I know a lot of people who handle firearms quite proficiently. But I’m not so sure of their competency to design a curriculum. Do you view the skill sets as comparable? Because if they’re not, your metaphor is just a cute sound bite, without any real relevance. I hasten to add once again, don’t interpret this as my advocating any particular position in this debate.

Just now, Bobref said:

I know a lot of people who handle firearms quite proficiently. But I’m not so sure of their competency to design a curriculum. Do you view the skill sets as comparable? Because if they’re not, your metaphor is just a cute sound bite, without any real relevance. I hasten to add once again, don’t interpret this as my advocating any particular position in this debate.

A little levity...  I can only speak for my lunch and facebook crowd, but you'll likely have an even worse teacher shortage if they ask us to be armed.    I've been trained in firearms.  At the moment, I don't choose to carry.  I don't want to carry in a school setting.  

• Like 1

SF isn't advocating arming all teachers, especially if there is no desire on a teacher's part, or if they are opposed to firearms, but allowing staff to be armed if they so desired and went through specialized training if it were available.

More palatable perhaps would be to allow schools to have retired LEO's or military volunteers to be present and armed.

New York is floating a law to make long guns illegal to own until 21 yo.  I can buy into that, but I think the problem isn't guns - it's people.  Guns have always been around. 

I wonder where that kid, a senior in HS, working at a fast-food restaurant living on his grandmother's floor got the money to purchase the weapons he had.  One he used was identified as a DDM4 (about $1,800 https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/daniel-defense-ddm4-v7-semi-auto-rifle ) with a $700 sight on it.  The other one that hasn't been identified I would assume would be about the same cost.  Combined with 375 rounds of ammunition ( https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/federal-american-eagle-military-grade-brass-centerfire-rifle-cartridges )   and this kid would have needed about $5,000 to get his guns and ammo. 

I guess it's not impossible, but wouldn't someone in his immediate family throw up a red flag?  Probably not - because Grandpa had a criminal background and "would have reported it" had he known his Grandson bought those weapons since he is not allowed to have guns in the house.  ( https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-school-shooting-suspects-grandfather-speaks/story?id=84966002 ) 

Young Sal was living with his grandparents since he had a falling out with his mother.  His argument that morning with his Grandma was over an unpaid phone bill.

Again - guns have always been around, and they don't fire by themselves......

Edited by swordfish
  • Kill me now 1

11 minutes ago, swordfish said:

SF isn't advocating arming all teachers, especially if there is no desire on a teacher's part, or if they are opposed to firearms, but allowing staff to be armed if they so desired and went through specialized training if it were available.

More palatable perhaps would be to allow schools to have retired LEO's or military volunteers to be present and armed.

New York is floating a law to make long guns illegal to own until 21 yo.  I can buy into that, but I think the problem isn't guns - it's people.  Guns have always been around. 

I wonder where that kid, a senior in HS, working at a fast-food restaurant living on his grandmother's floor got the money to purchase the weapons he had.  One he used was identified as a DDM4 (about $1,800 https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/daniel-defense-ddm4-v7-semi-auto-rifle ) with a $700 sight on it.  The other one that hasn't been identified I would assume would be about the same cost.  Combined with 375 rounds of ammunition ( https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/federal-american-eagle-military-grade-brass-centerfire-rifle-cartridges )   and this kid would have needed about $5,000 to get his guns and ammo. 

I guess it's not impossible, but wouldn't someone in his immediate family throw up a red flag?  Probably not - because Grandpa had a criminal background and "would have reported it" had he known his Grandson bought those weapons since he is not allowed to have guns in the house.  ( https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-school-shooting-suspects-grandfather-speaks/story?id=84966002 ) 

Young Sal was living with his grandparents since he had a falling out with his mother.  His argument that morning with his Grandma was over an unpaid phone bill.

Again - guns have always been around, and they don't fire by themselves......

Easy access=USA.  It happens where?  I don't think that is an opinion. 

I understand everyone's point, but it seems that it comes down to selfishness, not rights, and not what's best for the country/city/school etc.  Of course, opinion.    I have friends who spout off about the superiority of the USA, but have never set foot in another place to even remotely know.  

Statistically, I know I know, folks who have a license to carry a hand gun commit crimes at a rate lower than law enforcement. But every “solution” to gun violence will only affect the people who commit the least amount of crime. 

Just out of curiosity have any of you ever tried to get psychological help for someone? If you have you know. 

• Kill me now 1