• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  46 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

2nd Amendment Thread

Muda69

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Uvalde's Biggest Mistake Was Trusting the Police to "Keep Us Safe"

https://mises.org/wire/uvaldes-biggest-mistake-was-trusting-police-keep-us-safe

Mr. McMaken knocks it out of the park with this commentary.

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

1) No ones coming to help you. 
2) You are responsible for everything. 

As someone who has never owned a firearm, and probably never will, this is a much more compelling argument against gun control than the usual “we have to protect ourselves from the government oppressors.” 

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Bobref said:

As someone who has never owned a firearm, and probably never will, this is a much more compelling argument against gun control than the usual “we have to protect ourselves from the government oppressors.” 

C’mon man! You’re a SCOTUS guy, police have no constitutional mandate to protect you. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/05/27/uvalde-shooting-police-gunman-shot-olivarez/

Hearing the LEO spokesman last week utter "They could've been shot" as a justification for not entering the classroom as soon as they arrived and engaging the idiot perp really struck SF as dead wrong.

THAT'S WHAT WE THE CITIZENS PAY YOU TO DO!!!!

Speaking with our local Police Chief, the policy in Elkhart County is "get in there and engage" which means if your the only cop on scene (after you get over the "sucks to be you right now" attitude), use your training and try to end the situation as quickly as possible, and history shows that to be the case.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/3-dead-including-gunman-indiana-supermarket-shooting-article-1.1581555

Officials praised the officers for acting quickly and preventing more deaths.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

C’mon man! You’re a SCOTUS guy, police have no constitutional mandate to protect you. 

It goes back a lot further, and is a lot more fundamental, than the Constitution. It’s part of the social contract that underlies civilized society. In return for surrendering certain rights, the governed have a right to expect the government to provide protection.

23 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Uvalde's Biggest Mistake Was Trusting the Police to "Keep Us Safe"

https://mises.org/wire/uvaldes-biggest-mistake-was-trusting-police-keep-us-safe

Mr. McMaken knocks it out of the park with this commentary.

Screenshot in case @sr1deletes it. 

19 hours ago, swordfish said:

THAT'S WHAT WE THE CITIZENS PAY YOU TO DO!!!!

Maybe we should... defund them 🙂 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bobref said:

It goes back a lot further, and is a lot more fundamental, than the Constitution. It’s part of the social contract that underlies civilized society. In return for surrendering certain rights, the governed have a right to expect the government to provide protection.

So sorta like we concede our collective 4th Amendment rights so we can have DUI Checkpoints so we can rid the nation’s roads of drunk drivers. I guess it was a small price to pay to no longer have drunk drivers on the road…..

• Kill me now 1

2 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

...and it's also something that can be handled by the body that licenses cops in your State. 

Emphasis is on can. However, I think it’s clear that the credibility of such organizations when it comes to self-policing is at an all time low.

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

So sorta like we concede our collective 4th Amendment rights so we can have DUI Checkpoints so we can rid the nation’s roads of drunk drivers. I guess it was a small price to pay to no longer have drunk drivers on the road…..

I really don’t think you want to venture down the 4th Amendment rabbit hole.

On 5/27/2022 at 3:21 PM, swordfish said:

Isn't a law breaker.......that? .......a law breaker?

Look at the City of Chicago and the States of California and New York.......Strictest gun LAWS in the country - highest gun criminal activity. 

BR is right - Good people with guns are not the problem, bad people with guns are.  You have to keep guns from the hands of bad people.  So what is the right answer?  BOTH sides WILL have to compromise.  YOU can't take my guns or keep me from getting more if I want to, but I (and my side) have to be willing to let the government (shudder, shudder) control a little more....... 

33406930_1749483808433822_7550786156883869696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=V-8mVVXQDskAX_sYgjE&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=00_AT8GRzP4SFqzrFI-CU2gpC7YU_3WE5jAYenQRAxbeYR6xw&oe=62BEE0A9

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I really don’t think you want to venture down the 4th Amendment rabbit hole.

Not really but it is demonstrative of the point. Rehnquist himself said it was a breach of the 4th Amendment, and drunk driving is still a thing. We have neither liberty nor safety, but we can all feel better because we did “something”. 

• Like 2
  • Kill me now 1

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Not really but it is demonstrative of the point. Rehnquist himself said it was a breach of the 4th Amendment, and drunk driving is still a thing. We have neither liberty nor safety, but we can all feel better because we did “something”. 

Well, it’s a nice opportunity to throw some federal funds in the direction of local PDs, and for some cops to make some easy overtime.

I suppose you’re against “The War On Drugs,” too, just like @Muda69? 🤣😂

Edited by Bobref

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

Emphasis is on can. However, I think it’s clear that the credibility of such organizations when it comes to self-policing is at an all time low.

IDK who licenses LEOs in Indiana, but in Nevada it's this board-

https://post.nv.gov

As far as background qualifications go, there are several people I know who were hired as LEOs in Indiana who would not be eligible for licenses in Nevada. 

16 hours ago, Bobref said:

Alcohol prohibition was an abject failure.

The War on Drugs is an abject failure.

Why will the pending "War on Guns" be any different?

• Like 2
  • Kill me now 1

17 hours ago, Bobref said:

Well, it’s a nice opportunity to throw some federal funds in the direction of local PDs, and for some cops to make some easy overtime.

How could it be any worse? Cheap drugs from central/South American cartels, laced/cut with god knows what? And we the taxpayers are on the hook for the bill, whether it’s Narcan, hospital bills, burial, or incarceration. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/02/us/tulsa-hospital-shooting-thursday/index.html

SF noticed how the MSM hasn't been focusing on this latest shooting.  Turns out it was just a guy with back pain blaming his surgeon for either giving him the pain or not helping him get rid of it (IDK).  Or maybe this just falls under "black on black" crime, which is largely ignored by the MSM......(again, IDK)

3 hours ago, swordfish said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/02/us/tulsa-hospital-shooting-thursday/index.html

SF noticed how the MSM hasn't been focusing on this latest shooting.  Turns out it was just a guy with back pain blaming his surgeon for either giving him the pain or not helping him get rid of it (IDK).  Or maybe this just falls under "black on black" crime, which is largely ignored by the MSM......(again, IDK)

Not sure what you are seeing, but I see it everywhere; local news sites and local TV news, social media sites for the networks, people sharing the story. 

Another "mass shooting" (killed 3, injured 2 and an LEO during his arrest) that while briefly mentioned in the news story is quickly buried beneath the Uvalde shooting and the the Buffalo shooting and few details are released......The current mass shooting didn't fit the "hate-filled crazed gunman with an assault rifle" narrative which (IMHO) is why it's only mentioned as a lead into the other recent shootings.....

FYI - the yet unnamed perp was an Hispanic male, 23 who was utilizing a handgun.  

https://wcyb.com/news/nation-world/suspect-under-guard-after-killing-3-coworkers-at-maryland-machine-plant-police-say-west-virginia-23-year-old-hispanic-man-columbia-machine-inc-smithsburg-maryland-washington-county-victims?fbclid=IwAR1DC0lIDnIjN14_N4OjK87_cg4JWQj8QcCuCRKyYZGTJgRF4gjyUMnOACQ

• 2 weeks later...