Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Team Website

Hi Folks!..  I'm looking for advice in the world of websites.  For some times I have been gathering all my old game stats, scouring over old computer data, and don't really look forward to going to the Linton Library to go over old microfilm etc to fill in what I don't have. I'm pretty solid back to around 96.  I have former players hopefully with scrapbooks willing to let me scan or that they themselves will scan.    I want to create a site for Linton Football.. I want a central location to keep things historically.. and just for the former players.   Year by Year... game by game... I've seen others have sites ... Heritage Hills comes to mind. 

It's been ages since I did anything website wise. My last venture was the Southwest Seven and 1A Sectional 40 pages... and i pretty much used...what was it.. Frontpage I think?   The other issue is the hosting.  I really can't pay some large fee... that was the end of my other page. Once that conference sorta fell apart, I was no longer the SID... and the money I got paid pretty much went for hosting and registering the name. 

I thought about talking to the School itself to see if it could be part of the School Website...

Anyone with any suggestions on programs.... I'm no computer programmer.  

I've always wanted to do this.  I've done the radio for Linton starting 2000.  I have files upon files of stuff.   With guys like King Tut to give me his unique memories.. I want to get that stuff saved for future generations, as well as a place for Linton fans and former players to have for memory-sake.

1 hour ago, NorthKnox94 said:

I can scan articles and stat lines from NKvs Linton probably from 91-95 if you want them...

That would be very cool coach.!  In fact, I just went through my old filing cabinet.. and sorted all 5 drawers full into opponents.  Course you recall  when I did the SW7 and even after that, I kinda wanted to be the documentarian of our local small school

teams.  So I had NK, ND, NC, Sullivan, EG, Linton, Wood Memorial , Union..and usually WWash, Tecumseh,Springs Valley  and Perry Central send me their stats every week so I could keep record.  And I did the same with teams we played a lot such as West Vigo.. but it's all changed since the schedule has changed... just can't keep up.  But I just went through the NK files... next step is to get them in order by year.. and see what I'm missing.  I definitely don't have anything from 1991-1995... If you have any Linton-NK stuff from those years I would love to have a copy of it!!  THanks in advance!

• Like 1

For the Unofficial Heritage Hills website I started in 2002 I use a  shareware program Arachnophillia  to write my pages and a paid version of WS-FTP Pro to upload my files. It use to be hosted by my internet provider but a couple of years back they ended public web space so I was left to either end the site or move everything and I chose to end it but Chris Johannes and Jon Goldsberry stepped up and moved all my files to the Heritage Hills Quarterback Club website and my site survived with their help. 

I'm far from a expert started my page with HTML dictionary and copy and paste everything. Been updating that site over 15 years and still only know very basic HTML.

http://hhqbclub.com/history/

While i use html and php coding for AlmanacSports.com (my brother is a software guy), i switched to WordPress several years ago for my Reitz Football website.

I would highly recommend WordPress. The basic version is free. It's easy to use and its really customizable.

Give it a try ... I can't recommend it enough.

Dan

10 hours ago, Coach Jennings said:

I am in the process of firing up a Whiting Football website.  I use Wix and it makes a beautiful site.  Check it out.  www.whitingfootball.com

Looks real nice Jenn.  Good job.

Bit of a travel I see on 8/31.

Appears to be a great match-up for the Oilers.

5 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Thanks to everyone for the help!  I will be checking all of this out!!  

Oh.. and I can seem to recall Linton playing Whiting way back.. maybe 70's... I think the oilers came to Linton... I gotta check up on that!

There was some discussion on the GID about that game before.  I'd love to play Linton again for a rematch.... say Week 15 or so?  lol

• Like 1