Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Reitz announces 2021 football schedule; will play in EVSC “bubble”

Reitz High School announced its 2021 football schedule yesterday and will play in what is being called the “EVSC Bubble”.

The Panthers will play the other four EVSC schools twice for a total of eight games, but will not play any of their other SIAC rivals, including Mater Dei.

“We wanted to keep the kids as safe as possible this fall while still allowing sports to be played,” according to Reitz head coach Cory Brunson. “While we’re disappointed to lose the Mater Dei game, for the safety of the kids, we felt this change should be made for at least the next five years.”

2021 Schedule
9/3 – Bosse
9/10 – @ Central
9/17 – Harrison
9/24 – @ North
10/1 – @ Bosse
10/8 – Central
10/15 – @ Harrison
10/22 – North

For more information, please visit the EVSC’s COVID-19 Resources page.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Kill me now 1

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

While we’re disappointed to lose the Mater Dei game, for the safety of the kids, we felt this change should be made for at least the next five years.”

Try as I might, I can make no sense of this.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Reitz High School announced its 2021 football schedule yesterday and will play in what is being called the “EVSC Bubble”.

The Panthers will play the other four EVSC schools twice for a total of eight games, but will not play any of their other SIAC rivals, including Mater Dei.

“We wanted to keep the kids as safe as possible this fall while still allowing sports to be played,” according to Reitz head coach Cory Brunson. “While we’re disappointed to lose the Mater Dei game, for the safety of the kids, we felt this change should be made for at least the next five years.”

2021 Schedule
9/3 – Bosse
9/10 – @ Central
9/17 – Harrison
9/24 – @ North
10/1 – @ Bosse
10/8 – Central
10/15 – @ Harrison
10/22 – North

I think that you could have come up with something a bit more believable!

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Happy April Fools Day 🙂 

For clarity, Coach Brunson had nothing to do with this, just me renewing the annual tradition!

Rudy

At first I thought it was a play on the fact that the SIAC is now a "closed" conference and a bubble at least in regards to Sagarin/Computer rankings.  But then I fell for it until I read the rest of the thread.

Well done. 

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Happy April Fools Day 🙂 

For clarity, Coach Brunson had nothing to do with this, just me renewing the annual tradition!

Rudy

What matches should I be looking for you in?

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

Happy April Fools Day 🙂 

Rudy

Too bad for Reitz it wasn’t real....probably would’ve improved their record this upcoming year!  😉

• Haha 4
  • Disdain 1

On 4/1/2021 at 6:55 AM, Rudy said:

2021 Schedule
9/3 – Bosse
9/10 – @ Central
9/17 – Harrison
9/24 – @ North
10/1 – @ Bosse
10/8 – Central
10/15 – @ Harrison
10/22 – North

IDK. I think the Byers High School on the west side was a better one. But still love the tradition. 

• Thanks 1