Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Recruiting Process

Ok, this topic may not be in the right place, but I really can think of very few places where a guy can get these answers.  

First off, my son is finishing his freshman year right now (playing spring HS football in Illinois right now), so I am thinking I am premature on this. 

I am curious how to go about starting to get my son on the radar for colleges.  I was contacted by someone from NCSA (I clicked a button during registration on the 8to18 site).  They informed me that I was already behind in getting my son's name out there.  

My question is this: what is the process to get his name out there? Is this something that falls on me as a parent? Or should the HC and AD be taking these steps? 

In my experience, some coaches are very good about helping with this. Some are not. I would think at this point, all your son needs to do it make a Hudl highlight film and attend a summer camp or two at colleges he may be interested in. As he gets older, either the coach or you can contact coaches that he may be interested in attending. I don't think I would do that until before his junior season at the earliest.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...