Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

What happened to the NLC Guys?

Guest DT

1 hour ago, DK_Barons said:

I not sure where you are going using your experience in IT to validate your disagreement.

But anyhow, a product as used here is something that is marketed and sold as a commodity. DT was pointing out our failing in marketing for our product. I am simply stating that there is no failure in marketing since it is not intended as a product. We neither market nor sell the Digest. Could it be? That is a completely different question and most likely has a different answer.

We have provided it and have only asked for help in the form of donations to pay the basic costs of keeping it open for almost two and a half decades now. That just seems crazy to say. We have guys on hear talking their brand of crap who weren't even born when we started doing this. 

No, DK. I beg to differ.  The moment you began accepting donations to keep the GID and running, it became a product.  Much like the "shareware" programs of old.  Such software products had little to no to marketing behind them, yet they were products all the same.

• Disdain 1

Basically, The GID already is a pay site.  If Coach Nowlen were unable to collect the $3500 annually, DK would shut the place down because he certainly would not fund continuation out of his own pocket.

When TA was alive, it was a different story.  The GID knowingly and happily ran on a deficit, given its stated objective to support Indiana High School Football.

Today, its nothing more than a messageboard and the underlying themes of support and promotion are in the past.

So the question remains, what is the platform worth, and is it for sale?

In my view, the only asset that has any value is the brand name.  

On 4/19/2021 at 6:28 PM, DT said:

Basically, The GID already is a pay site.  If Coach Nowlen were unable to collect the $3500 annually, DK would shut the place down because he certainly would not fund continuation out of his own pocket.

When TA was alive, it was a different story.  The GID knowingly and happily ran on a deficit, given its stated objective to support Indiana High School Football.

Today, its nothing more than a messageboard and the underlying themes of support and promotion are in the past.

So the question remains, what is the platform worth, and is it for sale?

In my view, the only asset that has any value is the brand name.  

This seems to be somewhat off given that you have provided the fourth largest number of posts to the site.  I can't imagine that you are visiting/posting so often just to come and take in the name.

1 minute ago, foxbat said:

This seems to be somewhat off given that you have provided the fourth largest number of posts to the site.  I can't imagine that you are visiting/posting so often just to come and take in the name.

Im doing my fair share to help keep the site relevent.  

At some point, usage will dwindle to the point that the operators decide it is no longer worth their while.  I dont want to see us get to that point, hence my offer to step in

3 minutes ago, DT said:

At some point, usage will dwindle to the point that the operators decide it is no longer worth their while.  I dont want to see us get to that point, hence my offer to step in

From my perspective, usage has dwindled since you came aboard. 5-6 years ago there were a lot more participants than there are now.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

From my perspective, usage has dwindled since you came aboard. 5-6 years ago there were a lot more participants than there are now.

Really, thats your theory ?  Expand on that a little and give me some rationale for your thinking on this.   I know you have been downvoting or vomiting on just about everything I have written over the past years.  Id like to hear more.  maybe you are on to something.

22 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Correlation is not causation, friend.

LOL. In some cases. Show me where I said DT was the cause? 

Oh, and I'm not your friend.

22 hours ago, DT said:

I know you have been downvoting or vomiting on just about everything I have written over the past years.

Hehehe, also incorrect. You have a lot more active detractors than me. I don't really pay much attention any more to any of it. 

1 minute ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

What happened to the NLC discussion.

This seems to be a theme across many Grid topics.  Can't stay on subject.

Although entertaining, hardly informative.

Why not have a general rant thread where people can just do what they wish...within reason.

There is one ... a whole section of the site ... it's called OOB.  And it's about what you would expect it to be.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

LOL. In some cases. Show me where I said DT was the cause? 

Oh, and I'm not your friend.

Your original quote:

"From my perspective, usage has dwindled since you came aboard. 5-6 years ago there were a lot more participants than there are now."

The attempt at a correlation is there for anybody with a modicum of critical reading comprehension skills to see, friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The attempt at a correlation is there for anybody with a modicum of critical reading comprehension skills to see, friend.

Those with a modicum of critical reading comprehension skills would not take a quote out of context and twist it to match their agenda. Try again.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Those with a modicum of critical reading comprehension skills would not take a quote out of context and twist it to match their agenda. Try again.

I didn't take it out of context, friend.  Stop being so defensive and own up to what you typed.

49 minutes ago, foxbat said:

On display.

Please explain.

• Disdain 2

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I didn't take it out of context, friend.  Stop being so defensive and own up to what you typed.

Here is what I was responding to:

On 4/21/2021 at 11:42 AM, DT said:

Here is my response. Simply a statement of fact, not an accusation:

On 4/21/2021 at 11:49 AM, gonzoron said:

It appears the snowflakes are the defensive ones. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Here is what I was responding to:

Here is my response. Simply a statement of fact, not an accusation:

It appears the snowflakes are the defensive ones. 

100 out of 100 readers would take your comments and come to the conclusion that you are blaming me for the reduction in board activity.  Thats the way it reads.  

If I were to leave, knowing that former users would return in droves, I would gladly make that move .

Edited by DT

8 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

What happened to the NLC discussion.

This seems to be a theme across many Grid topics.  Can't stay on subject.

Although entertaining, hardly informative.

Why not have a general rant thread where people can just do what they wish...within reason.

The NIC people all disapeared as well.  Youve got no one left up there.  What a shame.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:36 AM, CoachK5 said:

GR, heck changes also need to happen at Saint Joe.  Worst 5 year stretch in the history of the program.

On 4/22/2021 at 7:36 PM, DT said:

The NIC people all disapeared as well.  Youve got no one left up there.  What a shame.

Not so fast. This old Caveman is looking forward to the next season of Mishawaka fb. If the Cavemen can find on o-line they should be tough.