Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Buckeyes call Caden Curry a "Must Get" Recruit

Guest DT

Curry is rising to near 5 Star status.  Clemson, Notre Dame and Alabama are all in the race.  Could Tom Allen pull a miracle and turn Curry to Bloomington?  

I believe the website, Lettermen row, is calling him a must get not the Buckeyes. I believe Caden Curry is a great high school player and wish him nothing but the best of luck going forward but I doubt a school as talented as Ohio State has any recruit as a "must get." 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cappy said:

I believe the website, Lettermen row, is calling him a must get not the Buckeyes. I believe Caden Curry is a great high school player and wish him nothing but the best of luck going forward but I doubt a school as talented as Ohio State has any recruit as a "must get." 

The site makes note several times that OSU has been recruiting Curry very hard since his sophomore season, and all hands on deck are involved in the process.  If he isnt a "must get" as you say, he certainly is a high priority.  Coach Day is likely putting heavy pressure on his staff to close the deal with Curry and get him on campus asap.

On 4/18/2021 at 10:54 AM, Purdue Pete said:

Great recruiting on the part of OSU.  Understand that all these high caliber recruits have been told how great they are since peewee.  Need to continue to stroke their egos until they sign.

Sounds like sour grapes

On 4/18/2021 at 10:54 AM, Purdue Pete said:

Great recruiting on the part of OSU.  Understand that all these high caliber recruits have been told how great they are since peewee.  Need to continue to stroke their egos until they sign.

come on Purdue guy....it's Ohio State....an NFL draft producing machine.....hell go to BAMA.....funny some purdue honk getting pissed a kid doesn't want to spend his time in West Laffy

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2021 at 10:58 PM, BigBH said:

come on Purdue guy....it's Ohio State....an NFL draft producing machine.....hell go to BAMA.....funny some purdue honk getting pissed a kid doesn't want to spend his time in West Laffy

I hear u.  Cant argue.... But every now and then... 2018 rolls around and we beat ur ass

43 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Yes. Sure he can. He's done it with other players. Will he? Remains to be seen.

Not anyone nearly this highly rated.

34 minutes ago, DT said:

I can clearly see him already in the scarlet and gray.

I think the fact that he hasn't already committed to Ohio State means the door may still be open for some of the schools that aren't perceived to have a chance, meaning he truly is undecided. Unless he wants to make a big spectacle with an announcement after an all star game or something of that nature (nothing wrong with that by the way), you would have already thought he'd be committed. I doubt he's still holding out for a better offer as he has all the best offers, so who knows. 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I think the fact that he hasn't already committed to Ohio State means the door may still be open for some of the schools that aren't perceived to have a chance, meaning he truly is undecided. Unless he wants to make a big spectacle with an announcement after an all star game or something of that nature (nothing wrong with that by the way), you would have already thought he'd be committed. I doubt he's still holding out for a better offer as he has all the best offers, so who knows. 

Perhaps he is enjoying the recruiting process.

There ought to be a state law that if an OMG! Athlete attending a government high school is recruited by a D1 government college/university in the same state then that OMG! Athlete is required to make an official visit.  It is only fair due to the taxpayer resources expended to build/groom that OMG! Athlete at the high school level that same state taxpayer funded government college/university get first dibs.

• Disdain 1

5 minutes ago, Jon said:

I saw somewhere on 247 that he has three official visits scheduled for June. Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson

Enjoy the experience.  Its a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Its rare that an Indiana player is given the red carpet treatment like Curry is getting.  

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

There ought to be a state law that if an OMG! Athlete attending a government high school is recruited by a D1 government college/university in the same state then that OMG! Athlete is required to make an official visit.  It is only fair due to the taxpayer resources expended to build/groom that OMG! Athlete at the high school level that same state taxpayer funded government college/university get first dibs.

Interesting POV Muda.  Makes good logical sense.  Kind of like the NFL policy where minority coaches must be included in the hiring process.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Perhaps he is enjoying the recruiting process.

I totally understand not committing until after he takes his official visits. And I doubt any of his teammates are mad about recruiters watching them. 

2 minutes ago, Grover said:

I totally understand not committing until after he takes his official visits. And I doubt any of his teammates are mad about recruiters watching them. 

I really dont understand why kids commit very early

Unless they are really annoyed or bothered by the process, let it play itself out.  Great opportunity to ytravel and see the country and some great universities.  Also watch some top level college football on ecruiting saturdays on campus.  

4 hours ago, psaboy said:

Really needs to hop onto the Tom Allen Train!! ALL ABOARD. Support the state university. 

As much as Id love to see this kid in Bloomington, he needs to play at a higher level to fully showcase his skills

10 minutes ago, DT said:

As much as Id love to see this kid in Bloomington, he needs to play at a higher level to fully showcase his skills

Well, IMO, if he plays at a OSU or Bama type program, he may get lost in the mix. Going to a "up and going" good program would allow him to stand out among the 3 and few 4 stars and that may be a better showcase. Not saying this would be the case with him, but a few 4/5 star type Indiana high school players have gone to the "elite" P5's and washed out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

Well, IMO, if he plays at a OSU or Bama type program, he may get lost in the mix. Going to a "up and going" good program would allow him to stand out among the 3 and few 4 stars and that may be a better showcase. Not saying this would be the case with him, but a few 4/5 star type Indiana high school players have gone to the "elite" P5's and washed out.

Im not convinced IU is over the hump.  I would not at all be surprised to see us regress to a 4 to 6 win season again this year.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=Big-Ten

Indiana ranks #13 in the Big Ten Overall Talent Composite.  I look at that as a black and white number.  No gray area.  Meaning in my view, they are the 13th best team in the conference.  Several national publications expect them to take a step back this season.  Im hopeful that we will continue to build on he growth we saw in 2020, but truthfully, that season will always be seen as an anomaly for obvious reasons.

Until IU significantly closes the talent gap between itself and the top half of the conference, we will always be susceptible to a 3-9 disaster, regardless of the stellar job turned in by Coach Allen and his staff.

28 minutes ago, DT said:

Im not convinced IU is over the hump.  I would not at all be surprised to see us regress to a 4 to 6 win season again this year.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=Big-Ten

Indiana ranks #13 in the Big Ten Overall Talent Composite.  I look at that as a black and white number.  No gray area.  Meaning in my view, they are the 13th best team in the conference.  Several national publications expect them to take a step back this season.  Im hopeful that we will continue to build on he growth we saw in 2020, but truthfully, that season will always be seen as an anomaly for obvious reasons.

Until IU significantly closes the talent gap between itself and the top half of the conference, we will always be susceptible to a 3-9 disaster, regardless of the stellar job turned in by Coach Allen and his staff.

4 wins would be catastrophic and complete and utter failure if it were to happen. 6 wins should be the bare minimum. Calling IU the 13th best team (in a 14 team conference) is lol your worst take yet. I don’t care what little stars were next to each players name 3-4-5 years ago, it doesn’t matter at this point. IU is a team that has fully bought in to staff and leadership. 

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

4 wins would be catastrophic and complete and utter failure if it were to happen. 6 wins should be the bare minimum. Calling IU the 13th best team (in a 14 team conference) is lol your worst take yet. I don’t care what little stars were next to each players name 3-4-5 years ago, it doesn’t matter at this point. IU is a team that has fully bought in to staff and leadership. 

I agree completely with your comment.  But you can say the same thing about Rutgers and Greg Schiano, and yet they still have the 14th best roster in the conference.  

The numbers dont lie.

We have yet to see the 2021 talent composite.  IU should rise, but highly doubtful they will be in the Top 10.  Looking forward to seeing those numbers.  Notice Purdues lofty position at #8.  Brohm and his staff are not developing their talent as should be expected.