Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Breaking News: Warsaw and Warren Central sign a 2-year deal to play home and home in 2024 and 2025

Per the Twitter account for the Voice of the Tigers - Roger Grossman

"Breaking news from Warsaw. Warsaw has signed a two-year deal (to) play at Warren Central in 2024 and home vs WC in 2025"

Dublin Coffman (OH) this year, and then Warren Central in 2024 and 2025??? Coach Curtis is doing ALL he can to up the level of play/expectations in Warsaw, that's for sure.

@DT - Figured you would want to see/weigh in on this!

I will be interested to see who the Tigers will be playing in 2022 and 2023. The Dublin Coffman game is only a 1 time thing. As far as I know, the Michigan City game in week 2 will be continued on for awhile. I think both teams/programs enjoy that matchup and travel well. I wonder if maybe Elkhart in week 1 could be an option those two years, or maybe another team from the Region or Indianapolis area since the Fort Wayne schools are not available for out of conference play. Unfortunately there are quite a bit of established out of conference games week 1 for teams in the Region (Merrillville vs. Andrean, Valpo vs. Penn, Crown Point vs. Lowell, Chesterton vs. Hobart)... I am hoping maybe Warsaw and Elkahrt can start playing a week 1 matchup in the future.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SBFootball1 said:

Have to load up where they can when playing in a conference with 4-4a teams and 3-5a teams.  

And only 4 other 6A programs within an hour (Elkhart, Penn, FW Carroll, Homestead) and 2 of those schools do not have room for out of conference play. The Region schools aren't THAT much further, but with the time difference that adds to issues. I love that the Tigers have looked to Indy.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

And only 4 other 6A programs within an hour (Elkhart, Penn, FW Carroll, Homestead) and 2 of those schools do not have room for out of conference play. The Region schools aren't THAT much further, but with the time difference that adds to issues. I love that the Tigers have looked to Indy.

What, having to add or subtract an hour on watches? There are issues because people want excuses.  Indy is about 2.5 hours away and if you go each direction from Warsaw the same distance, you have plenty of like sized schools to choose from: from Lansing, to Indy and Toledo to Chicago. Don't get me wrong, glad Coach Curtis has been able to make this happen with the schedule, but I am not very sympathetic to the "woe is me at Warsaw, we are too big and dont have anyone else to play".   You could if you think outside the box with scheduling, especially with football that plays once a week.  And this isn't anti-Warsaw either, Penn is the same way. Not sure if its laziness or apathy changes could be made to make these teams premier but no one is willing to go that route.

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I will be interested to see who the Tigers will be playing in 2022 and 2023. The Dublin Coffman game is only a 1 time thing. As far as I know, the Michigan City game in week 2 will be continued on for awhile. I think both teams/programs enjoy that matchup and travel well. I wonder if maybe Elkhart in week 1 could be an option those two years, or maybe another team from the Region or Indianapolis area since the Fort Wayne schools are not available for out of conference play. Unfortunately there are quite a bit of established out of conference games week 1 for teams in the Region (Merrillville vs. Andrean, Valpo vs. Penn, Crown Point vs. Lowell, Chesterton vs. Hobart)... I am hoping maybe Warsaw and Elkahrt can start playing a week 1 matchup in the future.

Coach Buzea may not be a big fan of the CP-Lowell matchup   Might be worth his time to reach out to the CP AD

40 minutes ago, SBFootball1 said:

What, having to add or subtract an hour on watches? There are issues because people want excuses.  Indy is about 2.5 hours away and if you go each direction from Warsaw the same distance, you have plenty of like sized schools to choose from: from Lansing, to Indy and Toledo to Chicago. Don't get me wrong, glad Coach Curtis has been able to make this happen with the schedule, but I am not very sympathetic to the "woe is me at Warsaw, we are too big and dont have anyone else to play".   You could if you think outside the box with scheduling, especially with football that plays once a week.  And this isn't anti-Warsaw either, Penn is the same way. Not sure if its laziness or apathy changes could be made to make these teams premier but no one is willing to go that route.

That was nowhere near the point of my post. But I think it is understandable to see that Warsaw is on an island when it comes to 6A schools. The only other school that is in a similar situation to them would be Lafayette Jeff in my opinion. I was merely pointing out it does take "outside of the box scheduling" to make it work and find schools their size to play, which is exactly what they are doing. Not sure the reason for your hostility here.

Edited by NLCTigerFan07
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Only if WC adds an additional 400 students.

Love how the tough guys from Cathedral and LCC have chimed in and are attempting to throw their weight around in this discussion.  It’s honestly adorable.

”We play big schools all of the time.  What’s the big deal?”

22 minutes ago, temptation said:

Love how the tough guys from Cathedral and LCC have chimed in and are attempting to throw their weight around in this discussion.  It’s honestly adorable.

Or...just don't make dumb comments. The enrollment disparity between Warsaw and Warren is similar to the enrollment disparity between Warren and Carmel, in terms of raw # of students. Bet I'll never catch you on here saying its dangerous for Warren to play Carmel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

Except my boy plays for Harrison.  And my girls went/go to Jeff.  You know what I've never heard from either of those schools or any school in the Lafayette area for that matter?  "We're worried about getting hurt when we play a school that's a lot bigger than us."  Not McCutcheon, not Harrison, not Jeff, not West Lafayette, not LCC.  Matter of fact, I haven't heard any school regardless of area complain about it.  Just tend to hear it from folks on online message boards that aren't coaching and aren't playing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DT said:

Coach Buzea may not be a big fan of the CP-Lowell matchup   Might be worth his time to reach out to the CP AD

Abolish the longest running high school football rivalry — The Battle for ‘The Old Leather Helmet” — in the state? Find another way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Abolish the longest running high school football rivalry — The Battle for ‘The Old Leather Helmet” — in the state? Find another way.

CP and Lowell have about as much in common as Munster and Gary  LOL  The enduring nature of this rivalry is surprising

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Or...just don't make dumb comments. The enrollment disparity between Warsaw and Warren is similar to the enrollment disparity between Warren and Carmel, in terms of raw # of students. Bet I'll never catch you on here saying its dangerous for Warren to play Carmel.

There’s a point of diminishing returns wise guy.  In a school of 3800 (even with a free and reduced lunch rate of 65 percent) you can field a formidable football squad.

In fact, enrollment is the only thing keeping Warren and Ben Davis afloat right now.  Shrink their enrollment by 1000 and you have a souped up version of Arsenal Tech.

When you take a look at enrollment on its surface, it’s easy to fall into the trap.  Why is Ben Davis (the second largest school in the state) not dominating in state championships across the board?

Because, even though they boast 2000+ male students, when you figure in a free and reduced lunch rate of nearly 70 percent, that diminishes the pool of available student athletes considerably.

We just had a prominent football coach leave Warren for FRANKLIN CENTRAL.  

Wrap your mind around that.

You “privileged” Cathedral folks are out of touch with reality.

Your 600 male students (none of which are disadvantaged) is comparable to BD’s 2250 at a 70 percent disadvantaged clip.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

There’s a point of diminishing returns wise guy.  In a school of 3800 (even with a free and reduced lunch rate of 65 percent) you can field a formidable football squad.

In fact, enrollment is the only thing keeping Warren and Ben Davis afloat right now.  Shrink their enrollment by 1000 and you have a souped up version of Arsenal Tech.

When you take a look at enrollment on its surface, it’s easy to fall into the trap.  Why is Ben Davis (the second largest school in the state) not dominating in state championships across the board?

Because, even though they boast 2000+ male students, when you figure in a free and reduced lunch rate of nearly 70 percent, that diminishes the pool of available student athletes considerably.

We just had a prominent football coach leave Warren for FRANKLIN CENTRAL.  

Wrap your mind around that.

You “privileged” Cathedral folks are out of touch with reality.

Your 600 male students (none of which are disadvantaged) is comparable to BD’s 2250 at a 70 percent disadvantaged clip.

Sounds like we should bump up the Multiplier to 3.5

Yeah, thats the ticket!

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Sounds like we should bump up the Multiplier to 3.5

Yeah, thats the ticket!

Nah, but in a perfect world you’d take the number of students enrolled and divide it by it’s population NOT on free and reduced lunch to determine classes.

Take a deeper look when you get a moment.  I think you’ll agree.

Edited by temptation

Just now, temptation said:

Nah, but in a perfect world you’d take the number of students enrolled and divide it it’s population NOT on free and reduced lunch to determine classes.

Take a deeper look when you get a moment.  I think you’ll agree.

Im just enjoying being a spectator on this one.  

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Im just enjoying being a spectator on this one.  

You said yourself that Tech was a 2A/3A level outfit posing as a 6A school in name only.

You also repeatedly say the opposite about Cathedral.

This formula bears out that notion.

You’re not sitting it out.  You are the pioneer.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, temptation said:

You said yourself that Tech was a 2A/3A level outfit posing as a 6A school in name only.

This formula bears out that notion.

Here are a few more interstate matchups Id like to see :

IMG vs Center Grove

Pickerington Central OH vs Carmel

Cleveland St Ignatius vs Ft Wayne Dwenger

Cincy St Xavier vs New Palestine

Homewood Flossmoor vs Crown Point (The Buzea Bowl)

Colerain OH vs Columbus East

Louisville Trinity vs Bishop Chatard

Chicago Mt Carmel vs Merrillville