Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Breaking News: Warsaw and Warren Central sign a 2-year deal to play home and home in 2024 and 2025

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

They aren’t within 3 TD’s of Ben Davis. Ben Davis is arguably the biggest threat to Center Grove this coming year. Extremely young team last year. HSE and Fishers are a combined 1-5 against North Central the last three years of all teams. 

Dave Sharpe chose Noblesville over opportunities at both HSE and Fishers.  

8 hours ago, DT said:

Dave Sharpe chose Noblesville over opportunities at both HSE and Fishers.  

I wont pretend to know Mr. Sharpe but perhaps he is at the point in his career where he wants to take on the challenge of a program that has not had a winning season in TWO decades?

HSE and Fishers were under first year head coaches last season on top of coaching during a pandemic.  Throwing dirt on them is a fool's errand.  They have the facilities, the enrollment, the resources and the demographics to compete at an elite level and will only continue to improve as the urban sprawl and deterioration of Marion County continues.

I've been wrong on the timeline thus far but I've been adamant that the HCC is the conference of the future.  There is no denying it.

33 minutes ago, temptation said:

I wont pretend to know Mr. Sharpe but perhaps he is at the point in his career where he wants to take on the challenge of a program that has not had a winning season in TWO decades?

HSE and Fishers were under first year head coaches last season on top of coaching during a pandemic.  Throwing dirt on them is a fool's errand.  They have the facilities, the enrollment, the resources and the demographics to compete at an elite level and will only continue to improve as the urban sprawl and deterioration of Marion County continues.

I've been wrong on the timeline thus far but I've been adamant that the HCC is the conference of the future.  There is no denying it.

Sharpe was the DC at HSE for a few seasons.  Certainly he would have been viewed as a potential HC candidate if and when the job opened.

You may be right about his decision to go to Noblesville.  Still somehow the desire to avoid running either HSE or Fishers is perplexing, given all the positive attributes you mention.

I sometimes wonder if the two have grown so large that they have a tendency to wear each other out.  

50 minutes ago, temptation said:

Been hearing this for 10 years. The 4 best 6A programs in the state are Ben Davis, Carmel, Center Grove, and Warren and there’s a considerable gap between the rest. Warren just hired a hall of fame coach....away from one of of the fastest rising, fastest growing school corporations in the state. Tells you everything you need to know. Ben Davis was an extremely young team last year that caught fire down the stretch. They are probably the biggest threat to Center Grove next year.

BD and Warren have been consistently good for the last 30-40 years and urban sprawl isn’t something new. Look for BD and Warren to continue to stay good for as long as they so wish.

21 hours ago, DT said:

Would you be jealous if IMG scheduled Warren, Carmel or BD as part of its "Tour of the Midwest?"

To my knowledge, there's no room on the BD schedule for several years. That was part of locking up the two Hendricks County 6A schools.

Been hearing this for 10 years. The 4 best 6A programs in the state are Ben Davis, Carmel, Center Grove, and Warren and there’s a considerable gap between the rest. Warren just hired a hall of fame coach....away from one of of the fastest rising, fastest growing school corporations in the state. Tells you everything you need to know. Ben Davis was an extremely young team last year that caught fire down the stretch. They are probably the biggest threat to Center Grove next year.

BD and Warren have been consistently good for the last 30-40 years and urban sprawl isn’t something new. Look for BD and Warren to continue to stay good for as long as they so wish.

BD is done growing. There's not much more land out here. There's a few spots here and there, but housing developments are not going in at the pace they were maybe 25-30 years ago when the BD enrollment went from the mid 2000's to the 4000's.

Edited by BDGiant93

7 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

BD is done growing. There's not much more land out here. There's a few spots here and there, but housing developments are not going in at the pace they were maybe 25-30 years ago when the BD enrollment went from the mid 2000's to the 4000's.

I don’t believe BD is growing any more either, but people have been moving out of the city for 30 years and it hasn’t affected Ben Davis and its ability to consistently be successful in football. Been hearing for years the HCC is going to supplant the MIC and well, we’re waiting.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

I don’t believe BD is growing any more either, but people have been moving out of the city for 30 years and it hasn’t affected Ben Davis and its ability to consistently be successful in football. Been hearing for years the HCC is going to supplant the MIC and well, we’re waiting.

We're getting industrial development on the Westside around the old airport terminal, but residential is going mostly in Hendricks County.

Just now, BDGiant93 said:

We're getting industrial development on the Westside around the old airport terminal, but residential is going mostly in Hendricks County.

Avon and Brownsburg have definitely moved the needle and at the expense of Ben Davis to a degree, but do you see either of them consistently supplanting Ben Davis as the west side football school? I don’t.

Avon and Brownsburg have definitely moved the needle and at the expense of Ben Davis to a degree, but do you see either of them consistently supplanting Ben Davis as the west side football school? I don’t.

Im not so sure the BD job is all  that attractive any more  Expectations , especially from the outside, are so ridiculously high every year that anything short of a final 4 appearance is considered a failure.  

Warren Central always feels the need to make a big splash with their head coaching announcements.  Carmel is on the other end of the spectrum, very quiet and subtle, and their HC reflects that philosophy.  BD is somewhere in between.  

Ben Davis's win % by decade:

1990s:  .876

2000s:  .783

2010s:  .716

Edited by temptation

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Ben Davis's win % by decade:

1990s:  .876

2000s:  .783

2010s:  .716

what is BD record against the Big 3 by decade?

48 minutes ago, DT said:

Im not so sure the BD job is all  that attractive any more  Expectations , especially from the outside, are so ridiculously high every year that anything short of a final 4 appearance is considered a failure.  

They have 2 state titles since 2014 and have been to semi-state 3 other times in said timeframe. They’re doing just fine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Remains to be seen. At this point, they haven't been able to turn their recent regular season success into large scale postseason success. There are many factors for this, but BD remains the one that's still winning titles. That, of course, can change. 

That is attributed to the rise of Center Grove and Carmel’s Renaissance.

The rise of the MIC. Everybody caught up.

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

That is attributed to the rise of Center Grove and Carmel’s Renaissance.

Keep punting.  So their winning percentage dropping is solely due to CG and Carmel huh?

Geez man.  You're insufferable.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

They have 2 state titles since 2014 and have been to semi-state 3 other times in said timeframe. They’re doing just fine.

I didn't say they weren't smart guy.  I said the job is not as attractive.  

3 hours ago, temptation said:

In other news, Ben Davis’ reduction in winning percentage also correlates with an increase in its free/reduced lunch percentage over that same time period.

Probably just a coincidence though.

It also coincides with the rise of the Carmel, Warren and CG programs. Another coincidence. 

18 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Sometimes, it’s just about the other guys getting better.

That’s part of it for sure, but the numbers don’t lie.

To that topic, CG and Carmel are MIC members in name only as their socioeconomics align more with the HCC schools, thus yet another reason the dynamics are shifting and it’s just a matter of time.

25 minutes ago, temptation said:

That’s part of it for sure, but the numbers don’t lie.

To that topic, CG and Carmel are MIC members in name only as their socioeconomics align more with the HCC schools, thus yet another reason the dynamics are shifting and it’s just a matter of time.

The numbers are what they are. The problem comes when correlation and coincidence are confused with causation.

The point reflected in bold escapes me. Are you saying that two of the conference schools are different in some ways than the other conference members? Because I suspect that there are a lot of conferences whose members are not homogeneous.

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1