Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Breaking News: Warsaw and Warren Central sign a 2-year deal to play home and home in 2024 and 2025

34 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The numbers are what they are. The problem comes when correlation and coincidence are confused with causation.

The point reflected in bold escapes me. Are you saying that two of the conference schools are different in some ways than the other conference members? Because I suspect that there are a lot of conferences whose members are not homogeneous.

Boredom will eventually set in as Carmel and/or CG are dominating the conference in nearly every sport.

Football, basketball and track and field used to be immune...no more.

On 4/28/2021 at 6:19 PM, Footballking16 said:

Center Grove would lose its socio-economic advantage if it joined the HCC and would still run roughshed in that conference despite being one of the smaller schools. Enrollment nor socio-economic factors dictate coaching, culture, commitment.

No.

North Central. Pike. Noblesville. HSE. Fishers. 

Neither means a damn thing.

If all this doesn't matter...give me your plan to make Gary West a football power...if you choose to take this challenge

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

According to this link and looking at the report Corporation Enrollment by Ethnicity and Free/Reducted Price Meal Status

3,094 Free/Reduced Price Meals out of a Total Enrollment of 6,797. So that would put the percentage around 45.5% I believe.

Yeah, I just did the high school percentage.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grover said:

At least one poster sure spends a lot of time worrying about the socioeconomics of the schools.

socio economics completely destroyed the entertainment value of this thread

On 4/28/2021 at 7:19 PM, region said:

114 all-time meetings. First played in 1903

1903-06, 1909, 1924-25, 1928-92, 97-present. (From 1934-52 they played twice a year in a home and home series).

It might not be the longest continuous, but it’s one of the oldest and most played series in state history. I don’t see ADs Patti McCormack and Bill Dorulla wanting to end this series any time soon. 

Great discussion on economics related to football.

Tried looking for the longest rivalry...found on Wikipedia (I know I know)  Peru VS Logansport started in 1902 and is the "Longest continuous rivalry in the state of Indiana."  I know this is not part of the topic of Warsaw's new Fight Song from a previous poster (hilarious I might add, but true), but it does fill in a blank of some sort. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE said:

Couldn't agree more.

It is a damn good thing.  I’d rather see Warren stay in state rather than go to Cincinnati or Louisville.

2 hours ago, DT said:

socio economics completely destroyed the entertainment value of this thread

No kidding, I’d rather talk X’s and O’s...as well as nicknames.

A two loss regular season seems to be the norm for Bart Curtis at Warsaw. Does he do better in 2021? I think they get over that hump this year. They may have solidified themselves as a Top 5 team in 6A North. 

1. Penn

2. Merrillville

3. Elkhart

4. Homestead

5. Warsaw/Carroll

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

A two loss regular season seems to be the norm for Bart Curtis at Warsaw. Does he do better in 2021? I think they get over that hump this year. They may have solidified themselves as a Top 5 team in 6A North. 

1. Penn

2. Merrillville

3. Elkhart

4. Homestead

5. Warsaw/Carroll

Are you considering Valparaiso 5A?

5 hours ago, temptation said:

@Footballking16 poked the bear which derailed the thread.  I'll take the blame.

Its a few months until the season..any banter/talk is welcomed imo..it will be intriguing to see the tigers take on wc. Bart ball may make it interesting..programs go through good cycles n maybe whs has 2 good classes (or 4). Kudos for stepping up their competition to a higher level..

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 8:41 PM, BTF said:

1. Penn

2. Merrillville

3. Elkhart

4. Homestead

5. Warsaw/Carroll

Crown Point could sneak in to your Top 5 if they beat Valpo and Merrillville.  

On 4/30/2021 at 10:53 PM, Justasportsfan said:

Its a few months until the season..any banter/talk is welcomed imo..it will be intriguing to see the tigers take on wc. Bart ball may make it interesting..programs go through good cycles n maybe whs has 2 good classes (or 4). Kudos for stepping up their competition to a higher level..

Since I was given permission to continue to derail the topic, I’d like to point out that Carmel and Center Grove just DOMINATED the boys and girls MIC track and field championships.

We are in new times folks.  SES can’t be ignored.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Since I was given permission to continue to derail the topic, I’d like to point out that Carmel and Center Grove just DOMINATED the boys and girls MIC track and field championships.

We are in new times folks.  SES can’t be ignored.

Money talks.  Free lunches walk.