Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Breaking News: Warsaw and Warren Central sign a 2-year deal to play home and home in 2024 and 2025

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I’ve provided examples in Noblesville, HSE, Fishers as to why your socioeconomic argument completely falls apart. 

Noblesville, HSE, and Fishers are just recent members of the enrollment Top 10. So you can't compare them to Carmel, Ben Davis, Penn, and Warren Central since those schools have been at the top for decades. 

4 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I don't think this is accurate (sorry not trying to call you out Bobref), but I've also read where this is the longest running football rivalry in other threads so I had to take a look... according to John Harrell's site Lowell and CP did not play in 1994-1996. They have opened the season every year since 1997

114 all-time meetings. First played in 1903

1903-06, 1909, 1924-25, 1928-92, 97-present. (From 1934-52 they played twice a year in a home and home series).

It might not be the longest continuous, but it’s one of the oldest and most played series in state history. I don’t see ADs Patti McCormack and Bill Dorulla wanting to end this series any time soon. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

Programs with Top 10 enrollments have won 28 of 36 championship in the states largest class. Actually, it's more like Top 5, since that's where Ben Davis was enrollment wise when they were winning their trophies. 

If having a large enrollment was the sole reason to success, there’s no way North Central, Pike, Lake Central are as bad as they’ve been for this long.

Culture, commitment, coaching. Common theme. Anyone doubt that with O’Shea’s turn around at NC?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Noblesville, HSE, and Fishers are just recent members of the enrollment Top 10. So you can't compare them to Carmel, Ben Davis, Penn, and Warren Central since those schools have been at the top for decades. 

North Central, Pike?

HSE and Fishers at one time, for a long time, was one high school. My point remains. Noblesville is worse today than they were 10 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

If having a large enrollment was the sole reason to success, there’s no way North Central, Pike, Lake Central are as bad as they’ve been for this long.

Culture, commitment, coaching. Common theme. Anyone doubt that with O’Shea’s turn around at NC?

No one said it was the "sole" reason. In my opinion it's 1/3 of the equation. 

Edited by BTF
correction

Regarding the original topic:

Warsaw is approaching the level Phil Jensen had them at during the 1999-2001 seasons. Scheduling Warren Central is sending a message to the rest of the state that the Tigers fully intend on being a significant player in the tournament moving forward. Good for them and good for Northern Indiana Football. 

1 minute ago, temptation said:

So CAN Tech just hire the right guy and become Center Grove?

Without me scrolling back five pages, what is the difference between Tech and WC?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Regarding the original topic:

Warsaw is approaching the level Phil Jensen had them at during the 1999-2001 seasons. Scheduling Warren Central is sending a message to the rest of the state that the Tigers fully intend on being a significant player in the tournament moving forward. Good for them and good for Northern Indiana Football. 

Without me scrolling back five pages, what is the difference between Tech and WC?

About 1300 students and 10 percent on the socioeconomic scale.

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Why couldn’t they?

So you’ll apply when the next guy at Tech walks out the door?

Edited by temptation

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Little excuse for Noblesville but on the other hand, the giant in their sectional has nearly 2x the enrollment and a 9 percent free and reduced rate, roughly half that of Fishers/HSE and 3x less than Noblesville.

Throw in STATE FINALISTS Zionsville (4 percent) and Westfield (14 percent) in their own conference and you have an uphill climb.

You are playing checkers here dude.  

Noblesville is at 20% free and reduced lunch. Fishers and HSE around 18%. CG is at 16%. That’s not all that much different.

2 hours ago, DT said:

It is what it is.

Why is it ok for Duncanville, TX to host IMG but not ok for Indiana's finest high school football program to do the same?

Arent we always bitching and complaining on this site about Indianas lack of national respect when it comes to high school football?  Or how we are overshadowed by Ohio, Illinois and Michigan?

Here is a golden opportunity to put Indiana prep football on the map

National ESPN Saturday TV coverage

It is ok. Teams can play who they want. I just would get worn out playing top teams all the time. It’s taxing. Again, losing isn’t good. Players and parents don’t care, they just want to win. No reason to play IMG. How about play another school in indiana where a good crowd can be available. IMG does not bring fans.

57 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Pike/NC are top 15-20 outfits that play in a brutal conference.  No excuse for Lake Central.

7 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Noblesville is at 20% free and reduced lunch. Fishers and HSE around 18%. CG is at 16%. That’s not all that much different.

Was comparing the above 3 to Carmel.

Already stated that CG/Noblesville are carbon copies of one another.

18 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

It is ok. Teams can play who they want. I just would get worn out playing top teams all the time. It’s taxing. Again, losing isn’t good. Players and parents don’t care, they just want to win. No reason to play IMG. How about play another school in indiana where a good crowd can be available. IMG does not bring fans.

Im talking about a one off.  Not a ten year home and home.

CG is at the top of a performance cycle that it might not experience again.

You strike while the iron is hot my friend.

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Im talking about a one off.  Not a ten year home and home.

CG is at the top of a performance cycle that it might not experience again.

You strike while the iron is hot my friend.

I am just stating my opinion. I am just someone who is not a fan of IMG. I think there are plenty of good programs in indiana and teams to play. And if teams want to play some out of state teams every once in a while then sure. I don’t mind seeing Trinity or the Cincinnati teams play Indy schools. I am just against IMG. That’s not a real high school football team. All im stating here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Program A has a 25 percent free and reduced lunch status and majority of two parent households.

Program B has a 70 percent free and reduced lunch status and majority of single parent households.

I'd care more about what policies the school boards have.

1 minute ago, Indiana Fan said:

I am just stating my opinion. I am just someone who is not a fan of IMG. I think there are plenty of good programs in indiana and teams to play. And if teams want to play some out of state teams every once in a while then sure. I don’t mind seeing Trinity or the Cincinnati teams play Indy schools. I am just against IMG. That’s not a real high school football team. All im stating here.

Understood.  Its kind of like CG playing Perry Meridian or Decatur Central - just reversed

3 hours ago, DT said:

When you get to the top of the mountain, youre' sphere of influence expands significantly.

What you decide to do with that influence determines your legacy.

Eric Moore has not reached the rarified air of legends Dick Dullaghan, Bud Wright, Don Howell, Jerry Brewer, Chris Geesman, Mo Moriarty.

But he is knocking on the door.

I'm sure he's torn up that you think so.  Then again he's probably too busy preparing to defend his latest state title while preparing his Hall of Fame acceptance speech.

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Little excuse for Noblesville but on the other hand, the giant in their sectional has nearly 2x the enrollment and a 9 percent free and reduced rate, roughly half that of Fishers/HSE and 3x less than Noblesville.

Throw in STATE FINALISTS Zionsville (4 percent) and Westfield (14 percent) in their own conference and you have an uphill climb.

You are playing checkers here dude.  

What sectional is Noblesville winning if they went South? Same goes for HSE and Fishers? None, despite having a significant socioeconomic advantage.

51 minutes ago, DT said:

Understood.  Its kind of like CG playing Perry Meridian or Decatur Central - just reversed

Except that it isn't.  You mention two Indiana public schools very close geographically to Center Grove.  Which of those boxes does IMG check?

9 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What sectional is Noblesville winning if they went South? Same goes for HSE and Fishers? None, despite having a significant socioeconomic advantage.

None as of right now but with the way the SES numbers are trending, they’ll be players very soon as Marion County continues to deteriorate.

I will say that HSE/Fishers would hold their own/have a shot in Sectional 6 right now though.

Edited by temptation

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

None as of right now but with the way the SES numbers are trending, they’ll be players very soon as Marion County continues to deteriorate.

I will say that HSE/Fishers would hold their own/have a shot in Sectional 6 right now though.

They aren’t within 3 TD’s of Ben Davis. Ben Davis is arguably the biggest threat to Center Grove this coming year. Extremely young team last year. HSE and Fishers are a combined 1-5 against North Central the last three years of all teams. 

26 minutes ago, Grover said:

Except that it isn't.  You mention two Indiana public schools very close geographically to Center Grove.  Which of those boxes does IMG check?

I'm referencing skill and performance gap, not geographic gap