Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ben Davis @ Warren Central, the 96th Meeting

58 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Great football game. Giants scored 14 unanswered in the 4th quarter to get the win. I really like what this rivalry has settled into. Competitive and fun. 5-5 over the last 10 meetings.

I agree with that. Congrats to the Giants on beating the Warriors for the second consecutive season. First loss in eight years at Warren Central for the Warriors too. I find it hard to believe this rivalry used to be one of hatred for each other. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I agree with that. Congrats to the Giants on beating the Warriors for the second consecutive season. First loss in eight years at Warren Central for the Warriors too. I find it hard to believe this rivalry used to be one of hatred for each other. 

Credit to Mike Kirschner and John Hart for kind of setting this as the standard that both Coach Simmons and West have continued.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Credit to Mike Kirschner and John Hart for kind of setting this as the standard that both Coach Simmons and West have continued.

How long was Hart at WC?

Just now, HoosierFB_JG said:

2008-2011, but Hart very much shaped the BD rivalry into a much more respectful rivalry.  

I find that hard to believe.  Hart has more of a rep for divisiveness than for togetherness

WC basically ran him out of town, as they did to other prior HC who didnt make the grade, which basically meant beating Ben Davis.

14 hours ago, DT said:

How long was Hart at WC?

Four seasons, but I really saw a difference in the way the series was played during his time there. It became much more about the game than all the other stuff.

10 hours ago, DT said:

I find that hard to believe. 

Well, maybe you should have been paying more attention.

11 hours ago, DT said:

I find that hard to believe.  Hart has more of a rep for divisiveness than for togetherness

WC basically ran him out of town, as they did to other prior HC who didnt make the grade, which basically meant beating Ben Davis.

He did fine in my book, 4-1 against BD with a state title.  Not sure what else they could want from him considering his 10&11 teams lacked talent.