Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Aaron Rodgers

Gipper

6 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

MJ went to the wizards now he is gone there is no way he will play again

FF98B190-A953-41A9-BFC7-4D573D0EA6C7.jpeg

If it's true , it is just more proof he had this in mind for quite some time. For damage control, A A Ron needs to man up and say something. It makes it look even more petty if little stuff like this keeps leaking. AND, the fact is this is NOT coming from the Packers front office, just like I don't believe any of the leaks so far have. 

• Like 1

It seems the latest tactic in this is to turn on the original source, Adam Schefter. Pat McAfee seems to be leading the charge. he posted an interview he did with Rodgers where they were discussing what was wrong with the media. The impression is that it was recent, but it was from October; LONG before this came out, BUT in the midst of the ongoing antics by Rodgers. I have no doubt someone close to Rodgers let this leak out. The notion that Schefter was not accurate in his story simply does not add up. IF Schefter's story is NOT accurate, there is one simple thing that can be done........Rodgers needs to speak up. The longer he goes without saying anything, the more credible the original report is. As I stated though, it appears that Rodgers was exposed and is trying to manage it while still saving his reputation. Again Aaron, simple solution.......speak up. 

32 minutes ago, Irishman said:

It seems the latest tactic in this is to turn on the original source, Adam Schefter. Pat McAfee seems to be leading the charge. he posted an interview he did with Rodgers where they were discussing what was wrong with the media. The impression is that it was recent, but it was from October; LONG before this came out, BUT in the midst of the ongoing antics by Rodgers. I have no doubt someone close to Rodgers let this leak out. The notion that Schefter was not accurate in his story simply does not add up. IF Schefter's story is NOT accurate, there is one simple thing that can be done........Rodgers needs to speak up. The longer he goes without saying anything, the more credible the original report is. As I stated though, it appears that Rodgers was exposed and is trying to manage it while still saving his reputation. Again Aaron, simple solution.......speak up. 

The situation is becoming toxic.

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Interesting...

18 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Every day that goes by without Rodgers making some public expression that says he is at least open to a return to the Packers is another nail in the coffin.

I've got the feeling by now that whether he does make a public statement or doesn't, the Packers are gonna have a tough year overcoming this cloud.

Marlon Brando Art GIF

I honestly think if he stays, things will be ok. I have yet to notice a teammate who is all in while defending him. The most we have heard is from Davante Adams, And the most he says is about their on field chemistry. He does not say anything about him as a person. What that tells me, as I said in a similar way. They all know he is a dick, but he is one that is one of the most competitive around. Athletes today are much more forgiving than they were a decade or 2 ago. I think he has to realize he has just two options, play in Green Bay or not at all.  

48 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I honestly think if he stays, things will be ok. I have yet to notice a teammate who is all in while defending him. The most we have heard is from Davante Adams, And the most he says is about their on field chemistry. He does not say anything about him as a person. What that tells me, as I said in a similar way. They all know he is a dick, but he is one that is one of the most competitive around. Athletes today are much more forgiving than they were a decade or 2 ago. I think he has to realize he has just two options, play in Green Bay or not at all.  

I agree. But I don’t think we’ll ever really know, because I don’t think he stays ... unless the Packers blink in a big way. And I don’t see that happening.

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I agree. But I don’t think we’ll ever really know, because I don’t think he stays ... unless the Packers blink in a big way. And I don’t see that happening.

If he does not come back, I am willing to bet we will hear a LOT, especially from "former" teammates. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, Rodgers doesn’t show up to OTAs. No surprise there. But 4 wide receivers didn’t show up either. Message delivered. The question is, assuming the Packers’ front office received the message, is there anything they can do about it. The WRs’ message was “we want Rodgers throwing to us when the season starts.” Is there any way the Packers can mollify Rogers short of firing the GM, which is not going to happen? Go get Julio Jones?

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

So, Rodgers doesn’t show up to OTAs. No surprise there. But 4 wide receivers didn’t show up either. Message delivered. The question is, assuming the Packers’ front office received the message, is there anything they can do about it. The WRs’ message was “we want Rodgers throwing to us when the season starts.” Is there any way the Packers can mollify Rogers short of firing the GM, which is not going to happen? Go get Julio Jones?

I'm not sure any of it matters. Rodgers looks like a man who is done with football.

Rodgers has himself backed into a corner. If he "retires" this year, it will cost him $11.5 Million, and an addition $11.5 Million for the next year. I have a feeling we will have a clearer picture on June 2nd. But I say he plays for Green Bay. As Bob said, he comes out the one looking bad in this. 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Rodgers has himself backed into a corner. If he "retires" this year, it will cost him $11.5 Million, and an addition $11.5 Million for the next year. I have a feeling we will have a clearer picture on June 2nd. But I say he plays for Green Bay. As Bob said, he comes out the one looking bad in this. 

Agreed, but the intriguing question for me is “what is the face-saving gesture the Packers are going to have to make so that Rodgers can declare victory and go back to work.” Because he doesn’t strike me as the type of guy to just swallow hard and admit defeat.

On 5/27/2021 at 9:53 AM, Footballking16 said:

I'm not sure any of it matters. Rodgers looks like a man who is done with football.

It's just a crazy deal.  As a Packer fan, I bummed because I don't know how good Love will turn out to be and the other QBs GB are huge question marks.

Edited by Gipper

• 1 month later...

It's been a while...interesting to see that Adam Schefter has gone all in on his claim that Rodgers will not play and just does not want to play in Green Bay. If he is wrong, it SHOULD cost him his job. He was the first to take the bait, and is the one who started the publicity side of this. More and more people are following the belief that he will be in Green Bay. No one has said they see him just sitting out this season. As I said from the jump, someone in Rodgers camp leaked this. It is very possible Rodgers is upset with the front office, and highly likely. Bottom line is that he is a competitor. Financially, he could lose up to $30 Million for sitting out. 

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

It's been a while...interesting to see that Adam Schefter has gone all in on his claim that Rodgers will not play and just does not want to play in Green Bay. If he is wrong, it SHOULD cost him his job. He was the first to take the bait, and is the one who started the publicity side of this. More and more people are following the belief that he will be in Green Bay. No one has said they see him just sitting out this season. As I said from the jump, someone in Rodgers camp leaked this. It is very possible Rodgers is upset with the front office, and highly likely. Bottom line is that he is a competitor. Financially, he could lose up to $30 Million for sitting out. 

Thank you for sharing this.  Although I'm a big AR-12 fan, I do have to wonder what the market for Aging Diva is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I still don’t see Rogers playing for the Packers unless they make some sort of face-saving gesture that would allow Rogers to declare victory and go home - like fully guaranteeing the last two years of his contract … or even extending it. He seems to me to be a guy that would have a lot of trouble just walking back his statements.