Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Aaron Rodgers

Gipper

Admittedly, I have not followed this situation as close as some.

Let's say Green Bay calls Rogers' bluff and Rogers doesn't play another snap in the Packers' uniform.

Is Green Bay a strong enough organization to rebound from losing their "star" player?  I say yes.

With that said, I hope Green Bay doesn't cave.  Rogers either "admits defeat" and plays for the Packers or is gone.

Either way, Green Bay wins.

• Like 1

Trade him to either Denver or New Orleans (likely Denver-AFC), get what you get.  Heard rumors (Max Kellerman) of 3 1st rounders  Love has been doing everything 1st team in the off season to date.  Correct?

The Packers are one of the strongest, if not the strongest franchises in the NFL and all of sports.  They will be just fine.

No 1 athlete is bigger than the football team.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DE said:

Trade him to either Denver or New Orleans (likely Denver-AFC), get what you get.  Heard rumors (Max Kellerman) of 3 1st rounders  Love has been doing everything 1st team in the off season to date.  Correct?

The Packers are one of the strongest, if not the strongest franchises in the NFL and all of sports.  They will be just fine.

No 1 athlete is bigger than the football team.

I agree!  Although he is quite talented, still an aging diva...

and JL comes from another great football factory: Utah State!!!!

23 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I agree!  Although he is quite talented, still an aging diva...

and JL comes from another great football factory: Utah State!!!!

I take it you have some form of "ties" to Utah State?  

• Haha 1

While I could say I KNEW this all along, it was just a hunch. There were many more reasons TO play in Green Bay than not. That said, I would like to see him actually address what all REALLY went on. It is undeniable there WAS something to the story; but what exactly was it? I would also guess that if he does show up to camp, the deal with Adams will be done shortly after. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Irishman said:

Schefter trying to save his job now 

I think the most I’ve heard Schefter say is that Rogers “doesn’t want to play with the Packers.” I don’t recall him saying he wouldn’t.  But what I don’t understand is what the Packers could possibly be thinking. Rogers plays this season and then becomes an unrestricted free agent? When they could have traded him this year for multiple starters? Or after next season for multiple starters/1st round draft picks. Now they’ve got all their eggs in the 2021-22 basket. And then he leaves and they get nothing. Doesn’t make sense to me.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I think the most I’ve heard Schefter say is that Rogers “doesn’t want to play with the Packers.” I don’t recall him saying he wouldn’t.  But what I don’t understand is what the Packers could possibly be thinking. Rogers plays this season and then becomes an unrestricted free agent? When they could have traded him this year for multiple starters? Or after next season for multiple starters/1st round draft picks. Now they’ve got all their eggs in the 2021-22 basket. And then he leaves and they get nothing. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Aaron has 2 years remaining on his current contract, with an option for the 23 season. Under the current deal, he will be a UFA in 24. 

43 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Aaron has 2 years remaining on his current contract, with an option for the 23 season. Under the current deal, he will be a UFA in 24. 

The point remains: trade him and get a Herschel Walker-type haul. Let him go UFA, and you get nothing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Irishman said:

If Aaron did call for this, I am fine with it. I HATED seeing Cobb (aka Bear Killer 😄 )  go. I am REALLY fired up he is back 
May be an image of football and text that says 'DHPF dell CORR 18 WELCOME BACK TO GREEN BAY RANDALL COBB'

same here--always liked RC.  Some people want Jordy Nelson back, though.  Not sure about that one...

• Like 1

Before ESPN’s talking heads put their spin on it, to me, Rodgers came off like a prima Donna who had his feelings hurt because he didn’t get his way (being in the conversation of upper level decisions). Rodgers tried to put nice, fluffy words around it, but he came solidified what many already thought about him. That he thinks he’s more important/bigger than the organization. 

Now to watch the 💩 show begin. 

It was nice to hear him speak directly to the matter. He did not hold back or mince his words. He makes some valid points. It does appear that some changes need to be made in the front office; not because of how Aaron has been ignored, although that is a part of it, but when he read that list of names….as a fan, that had a huge impact on me. Every name on that list….great guys, the types of guys every team needs on and off the field. 
I still feel that Adam Schefter was the driving force for blowing this thing up. Teams may have made offers for trades, but the thing that is crystal clear now is that he was either retiring or playing in Green Bay. And from what he was saying today, retirement was only a small thought. 

Honest question to all

Do you speak of Aaron Rodgers in the same sentence of great QB's (P. Manning, T. Brady) to elevate their franchise to a complete other level?

I do not.  The Packers were great before him and will be great after him.

This is the most I have ever paid attention to Rodgers or the Packers.  I think Favre is adored in GB.  Does Rodgers have that same adoration?  @Irishman

The reason I ask that....if the Packers would do this to Favre, they will sure do it to Rodgers.

In football, you always hear, "Do your job."  A lot of this sounds like Rodgers wanted to be GM, Coach and QB.

Oh well.  I am sure he will go 75/80, 8 TD's, 0 INT's and a QBR of 243.57248957428 against the Bears (twice) this year.

I think he belongs up there. The disadvantage in the comparison to Manning and Brady is who they followed, and where the franchise was before they took over. Manning replaced Harbaugh, although there were three QB’s that season before. Bledsoe had a decent career in New England. But neither Harbaugh or Bledsoe played on the same level as Favre. I would also add that changes in the front office helped for Manning and Brady. Bill Poulian was a HUGE factor in the Colts success in that era. Belicheck’s involvement in the front office and scouting is a huge factor in their success, but Parcells did put the foundation in place. 
Rodgers has been able to put up some huge numbers in spite of poor coaching for most of his career as a starter. Ask Dallas fans about that now. 😁

24 minutes ago, DE said:

Honest question to all

Do you speak of Aaron Rodgers in the same sentence of great QB's (P. Manning, T. Brady) to elevate their franchise to a complete other level?

I do not.  The Packers were great before him and will be great after him.

This is the most I have ever paid attention to Rodgers or the Packers.  I think Favre is adored in GB.  Does Rodgers have that same adoration?  @Irishman

The reason I ask that....if the Packers would do this to Favre, they will sure do it to Rodgers.

In football, you always hear, "Do your job."  A lot of this sounds like Rodgers wanted to be GM, Coach and QB.

Oh well.  I am sure he will go 75/80, 8 TD's, 0 INT's and a QBR of 243.57248957428 against the Bears (twice) this year.

Giannis is the king of pro sports in Wisconsin, AR-12 is acting like a court jester. 

Have to remember too, it took a LONG time for Favre to be welcomed back. Even I got rid of my Favre stuff when he landed in Minnesota. I was mad that he was treated poorly, but he did initiate things. 

Without question though, THE single most harmful front office blunder…..letting Holmgren go. A battle of egos between him and Ron Wolfe played out in the worst possible way for the organization. That set the program back for several years. 

4 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Giannis is the king of pro sports in Wisconsin, AR-12 is acting like a court jester. 

Winning heals a lot of wounds.