Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Yep, Darnell Hayes it is.

To quote the great Conor McGregor, "Who the *ook is that guy?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please. There’s only one legitimate successor to Trebek.  

lol,  IMHO some of the funniest SNL skits.  I've watched them on youtube multiple times.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkMWE7A0uq0 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

image.thumb.png.6423d29cf5be9adea1bf8e185d5e2c96.png

Some Bears fans would legitimately go insane if this were to happen,  like Colts fans if Brady would ever become their QB.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DE said:

To quote the great Conor McGregor, "Who the *ook is that guy?"

Not surprising. Obviously you're not as big a fan of SNL Jeopardy as you thought you were.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DE said:

To quote the great Conor McGregor, "Who the *ook is that guy?"

 

10 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Not surprising. Obviously you're not as big a fan of SNL Jeopardy as you thought you were.

They actually called it “Black Jeopardy.”

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Not surprising. Obviously you're not as big a fan of SNL Jeopardy as you thought you were.

Don’t think I ever claimed to be, but have a great day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, as a Bears fan, I’m probably enjoying this more than I should. But it’s very entertaining. Sometimes things just start heading in one direction and go so far that it’s impossible to reverse the momentum.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-is-now-considering-retirement-unless-the-packers-fix-things-to-his-liking-per-report/

Aaron Rodgers is now considering retirement unless the Packers fix things to 'his liking,' per report

The Packers quarterback is now threatening to retire if he doesn't get what he wants from the Packers. 

The Packers relationship with Aaron Rodgers has gotten so ugly that the reigning NFL MVP has apparently now decided that he would rather retire than play in Green Bay.  

According to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport, Rodgers is seriously considering retirement and it's something that could happen "unless the situation [in Green Bay] is repaired to his liking." If he does retire, hosting "Jeopardy" could be a post-retirement option for Rodgers. 

The only piece of good news here for the Packers is that based on Rapoport's phrasing, there may be a way for the Packers to salvage their relationship with their star QB. If the situation can be "repaired to his liking," that at least leaves the door open for the Packers to fix things.

Of course, we don't know what the Packers would have to do to repair the situation. It's possible that Rodgers wants a contract extension, it's possible that he wants to see Jordan Love traded or it could even be possible that he wants to see someone in the front office fired -- According to Pro Football Talk, Rodgers "doesn't like anyone in the front office" -- or it could be a combination of all of these things or none of these things. 

It's also possible that fixing things to his liking could involve trading him to another team. At some points before the draft, Rodgers made a list of three teams he would be willing to be dealt to (Raiders, Broncos, 49ers). The 49ers actually called the Packers about a possible trade on Wednesday, but Green Bay made it clear they weren't going to deal the three-time NFL MVP. 

The bad news for the Packers is that Rodgers seemingly wants out of Green Bay so badly that he'd be willing to pay nearly $25 million to make it happen. If Rodgers were to retire, that's how much money he'd have to return to the team. The 37-year-old would have to return $11.5 million in signing bonus money for both 2021 and 2022 for a total of $23 million. On top of that, the team could probably fight to get back the $6.8 million roster bonus he was given in March, so Rodgers could be out nearly $30 million if he retires. 

Based on all the reports coming in, it seems like the most likely scenario is that Rodgers doesn't play another down in Green Bay, which means this would end with either a trade or retirement. Not only does Rodgers dislike the team's front office, but he's already told multiple teammates that he doesn't plan to return in 2021, according to ESPN.

Although a trade would probably be Rodgers' preference, Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst shot down that idea multiple times on Thursday night. 

"We're not going to trade Aaron Rodgers," Gutekunst said when asked if there was any scenario that could lead to a trade. "He's our quarterback, he's our leader, we've been working through this for a little while now. I think it may take some time, but he's the guy that kind of makes this thing go and he gives us the best chance to win and we're going to towards that end."

Gutekunst also noted that he had spoken to Rodgers at some point on Thursday after the reports came out that the quarterback wanted out of Green Bay.

"I won't go into specifics, but there was communication with Aaron today," Gutekunst said. "There's been communication with Aaron a lot over the past six to eight weeks."

If the two sides are communicating and Rodgers is still contemplating retirement, that would seem to indicate that the team isn't doing a good job of repairing things to "his liking."

If the Packers play hardball and refuse to trade him, Rodgers could also play hardball. As noted by Rapoport, the Packers quarterback is represented by David Dunn, who was also the agent for former Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, which is notable, because Palmer was in a somewhat similar situation a decade ago. 

After the 2010 season, Palmer made it clear that he would rather retire than play for the Bengals. The Bengals took his threats seriously and ended up taking Andy Dalton in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft. As for Palmer, he came through on his threats and didn't show up for OTAs or training camp that year. Although the Bengals weren't planning on trading him -- the team's plan was to let him languish in retirement --they ended up making a deal with the Raiders after they gave Cincinnati a huge offer in October 2011.  

With the way things are going between the Packers and Rodgers, it wouldn't be shocking if there was a similar conclusion here. Rodgers could simply not show up for OTAs and training camp while making it clear to the team that the only way he's going to play football in 2021 is if it's not in Green Bay. If that were to happen, the Packers could either trade him or let him retire.  

The bottom line is that this is an ugly situation and it doesn't sound like things are going to get better any time soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’ll be interesting to see how this goes, bc like Bobref said, Rodgers is one of the few who can muscle his way out, like so many NBA players can do. I think it’s an easy decision for Green Bay, trade him. Brady has proven that there’s life after 40, so anyone trading for him can at least try and project a 5 year window. The unfortunate thing for GB is that since this is hitting the airwaves, and the retirement card is on the table, they won’t have as much leverage to get the best deal they could have say a week ago. 

 

*if there’s a move that satisfies A-A-Ron without a trade, i would consider that first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Backer25 said:

*if there’s a move that satisfies A-A-Ron without a trade, i would consider that first.

I think he saw Brady become the de facto co-offensive coordinator in Tampa and said to himself, “Hey, I can do that!” He’s flexing his muscles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another story came out that it is between him and Gutekunst, and that he wants Gutekunst fired........Not exactly sure what the beef is, but this comes off as petty by Rodgers. He signs a huge contract, and while sure they moved up to get Love as a QB, he HAS to know that they had to get a QB at some point. June should be an interesting month. My concern, as a fan is what happens in the locker room. If Aaron is gone, I think the impact would be huge. What sucks in that scenario is the number of people getting caught up in a battle of egos. It could make LaFleur's life much more difficult. Aaron told Mike Tirico at the Derby that he was upset that this got out. It seems though that he was the one doing the talking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Another story came out that it is between him and Gutekunst, and that he wants Gutekunst fired........Not exactly sure what the beef is, but this comes off as petty by Rodgers. He signs a huge contract, and while sure they moved up to get Love as a QB, he HAS to know that they had to get a QB at some point. June should be an interesting month. My concern, as a fan is what happens in the locker room. If Aaron is gone, I think the impact would be huge. What sucks in that scenario is the number of people getting caught up in a battle of egos. It could make LaFleur's life much more difficult. Aaron told Mike Tirico at the Derby that he was upset that this got out. It seems though that he was the one doing the talking. 

Latest thing I saw was that the Packers are “digging in” and will not trade Rogers. They’ll just wait for him to show up in Green Bay. Can’t wait to see how that turns out. But even if they were inclined to move him, it won’t be until after June 1, as their cap hit goes down dramatically then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Latest thing I saw was that the Packers are “digging in” and will not trade Rogers. They’ll just wait for him to show up in Green Bay. Can’t wait to see how that turns out. But even if they were inclined to move him, it won’t be until after June 1, as their cap hit goes down dramatically then.

I agree....and if I am Mark Murphy I say hey Brian, take a step back here for a couple years or so. He has to know that the best chance for Green Bay to win a super bowl is WITH A A Ron. and A A Ron HAS to know his best chance to win one is staying in Green Bay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

So you make the GM go in the shadows bc he had the gall to draft a qb that made poor #12 sad? 

PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL 

 

Rodgers is, and always has been, the ultimate snowflake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

So you make the GM go in the shadows bc he had the gall to draft a qb that made poor #12 sad? 

PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL 

 

I hate the packers  as much as I hate ND and actually feel bad for Rodgers. Why draft a 1st round qb and waste his rookie contract? Every 1st round qb drafted in recent memory has had succession play such Alex smith to Mahomes or has flamed out josh Rosen/Mitchell Trubisky. What is the plan for Jordan love? 
As a bears fan hopefully he gets traded to the AFC 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 2:40 PM, Whiting89 said:

I hate the packers  as much as I hate ND and actually feel bad for Rodgers. Why draft a 1st round qb and waste his rookie contract? Every 1st round qb drafted in recent memory has had succession play such Alex smith to Mahomes or has flamed out josh Rosen/Mitchell Trubisky. What is the plan for Jordan love? 
As a bears fan hopefully he gets traded to the AFC 

Concur on this, WE AGREE FINALLY on something !! 

 

However, I DO NOT feel bad for Rodgers.  Packers did same thing when they drafted him when they had Farve..... he dropped in the green room and he sulked and sulked then his name was called.   I don't recall Brett Farve immediately wigging out and demanding out of there.  He sat for 3 years then 2008, keys to the Castle were his when Favre went to NYJ

Instead of being a good steward to Love, he has done it the completely opposite way.   

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Concur on this, WE AGREE FINALLY on something !! 

 

However, I DO NOT feel bad for Rodgers.  Packers did same thing when they drafted him when they had Farve..... he dropped in the green room and he sulked and sulked then his name was called.   I don't recall Brett Farve immediately wigging out and demanding out of there.  He sat for 3 years then 2008, keys to the Castle were his when Favre went to NYJ

Instead of being a good steward to Love, he has done it the completely opposite way.   

In the end, when you strip away the Jeopardy hosting, the swimsuit models, race car drivers and actresses, and the State Farm commercials, Aa-Ron is, and will always be, an a$$hat.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is rare that I agree with Cowherd, and the ONLY thing I agree with is that Aaron won't be back. First, the Packers did NOT "humiliate" him. If that is the case, that's on Aaron. Heir apparents, including him, are drafted regularly. What is rare is Aaron's reaction to it. While Favre openly said at the time it was not his job to work with Rodgers, he did stay. He HAS to know his career is close to being over. So what if Gutekunst did not communicate with you; get over it. It's a business at the end of the day. Just like, you have 3 years remaining on your contract A A Ron. Maybe the team did not give you enough weapons along the way, which is arguable, because they gave you that big ass contract. 

I also disagree with Cowherd when he says it was never a good fit. What a load of crap. What was NOT a good fit for many years was McCarthy being there for so much of Aaron's career. Regardless of what Colin says, personality type has NEVER mattered in Green Bay. Just show up when you are supposed to and play hard. 

The funny thing in all of this is that Aaron had his worst season in years as a Packer two seasons ago; so I am sure there was a sense of urgency to get a QB. Sure the got to the NFC Championship, but we knew going in just how much better Frisco was, and that it would take a miracle to win. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

First, the Packers did NOT "humiliate" him. If that is the case, that's on Aaron. Heir apparents, including him, are drafted regularly. What is rare is Aaron's reaction to it.

Perception becomes reality. Rodgers believes he was humiliated ... even if that’s unreasonable, and no one else feels that way. Just another demonstration of his “snowflakeness.”

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Perception becomes reality. Rodgers believes he was humiliated ... even if that’s unreasonable, and no one else feels that way. Just another demonstration of his “snowflakeness.”

I would agree that if he felt that way then yes, he is a snowflake. But man, his performance on the field sure did not show that, in my mind. Buuuuut, part of me says he knew all along this was it for him in Green Bay. In fact, that ois beginning to sound more likely the case. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

But man, his performance on the field sure did not show that, in my mind.

Agree 100%. That’s why I was so surprised when this stuff surfaced at this time. But his “leaked” remarks about his disappointment in the organization were made on the 1 yr. anniversary of the drafting of Jordan Love. Hard to believe that could be just coincidence.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is more to this than a simple piss'd off primadonna having to throw warmups next to his heir apparent.   There is something none of us know....a crucial conversation at some point, something.  Aaron is an @ss....but somebody did more than what we are being told here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...