Admittedly, I have not followed this situation as close as some.

Let's say Green Bay calls Rogers' bluff and Rogers doesn't play another snap in the Packers' uniform.

Is Green Bay a strong enough organization to rebound from losing their "star" player?  I say yes.

With that said, I hope Green Bay doesn't cave.  Rogers either "admits defeat" and plays for the Packers or is gone.

Either way, Green Bay wins.

• Like 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please. There’s only one legitimate successor to Trebek.  

Agree 100%. That’s why I was so surprised when this stuff surfaced at this time. But his “leaked” remarks about his disappointment in the organization were made on the 1 yr. anniversary of the draftin

lol,  IMHO some of the funniest SNL skits.  I've watched them on youtube multiple times.  

Posted Images

Trade him to either Denver or New Orleans (likely Denver-AFC), get what you get.  Heard rumors (Max Kellerman) of 3 1st rounders  Love has been doing everything 1st team in the off season to date.  Correct?

The Packers are one of the strongest, if not the strongest franchises in the NFL and all of sports.  They will be just fine.

No 1 athlete is bigger than the football team.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, DE said:

Trade him to either Denver or New Orleans (likely Denver-AFC), get what you get.  Heard rumors (Max Kellerman) of 3 1st rounders  Love has been doing everything 1st team in the off season to date.  Correct?

The Packers are one of the strongest, if not the strongest franchises in the NFL and all of sports.  They will be just fine.

No 1 athlete is bigger than the football team.

I agree!  Although he is quite talented, still an aging diva...

and JL comes from another great football factory: Utah State!!!!

23 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I agree!  Although he is quite talented, still an aging diva...

and JL comes from another great football factory: Utah State!!!!

I take it you have some form of "ties" to Utah State?  

• Haha 1

While I could say I KNEW this all along, it was just a hunch. There were many more reasons TO play in Green Bay than not. That said, I would like to see him actually address what all REALLY went on. It is undeniable there WAS something to the story; but what exactly was it? I would also guess that if he does show up to camp, the deal with Adams will be done shortly after. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Irishman said:

Schefter trying to save his job now 

I think the most I’ve heard Schefter say is that Rogers “doesn’t want to play with the Packers.” I don’t recall him saying he wouldn’t.  But what I don’t understand is what the Packers could possibly be thinking. Rogers plays this season and then becomes an unrestricted free agent? When they could have traded him this year for multiple starters? Or after next season for multiple starters/1st round draft picks. Now they’ve got all their eggs in the 2021-22 basket. And then he leaves and they get nothing. Doesn’t make sense to me.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I think the most I’ve heard Schefter say is that Rogers “doesn’t want to play with the Packers.” I don’t recall him saying he wouldn’t.  But what I don’t understand is what the Packers could possibly be thinking. Rogers plays this season and then becomes an unrestricted free agent? When they could have traded him this year for multiple starters? Or after next season for multiple starters/1st round draft picks. Now they’ve got all their eggs in the 2021-22 basket. And then he leaves and they get nothing. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Aaron has 2 years remaining on his current contract, with an option for the 23 season. Under the current deal, he will be a UFA in 24. 

43 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Aaron has 2 years remaining on his current contract, with an option for the 23 season. Under the current deal, he will be a UFA in 24. 

The point remains: trade him and get a Herschel Walker-type haul. Let him go UFA, and you get nothing.

• Like 1