Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2021

Bobref

Blake Fisher looks to be the starter at LT while Jack Kiser and Paul Moala will be getting time at LB/Rover and I'm sure will be on special teams. Former Indiana HS players on the roster should be big time contributors.

BK has said that Jack Coan has looked good running the offense, there are some weapons to work with if they can stay healthy (Brenzy, Austin, Tyree). Drew Pyne is getting the 2nd team reps and Tyler Buchnar getting some 2nd teams reps too. I'd like to see what TB can do on the field at this level, but if we're counting on him to be the starter for the majority of this season the Irish could be in trouble. I think next year he'll battle Pyne for the starters role and hopefully take it and run with it for 2-3 years. Looking forward to FSU. 

5 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Blake Fisher looks to be the starter at LT while Jack Kiser and Paul Moala will be getting time at LB/Rover and I'm sure will be on special teams. Former Indiana HS players on the roster should be big time contributors.

BK has said that Jack Coan has looked good running the offense, there are some weapons to work with if they can stay healthy (Brenzy, Austin, Tyree). Drew Pyne is getting the 2nd team reps and Tyler Buchnar getting some 2nd teams reps too. I'd like to see what TB can do on the field at this level, but if we're counting on him to be the starter for the majority of this season the Irish could be in trouble. I think next year he'll battle Pyne for the starters role and hopefully take it and run with it for 2-3 years. Looking forward to FSU. 

Kiser is a junior, correct?

4 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I don’t have a link and didn’t want to hijack the Purdue Pete thread but I read somewhere that the leprechaun or fighting Irish nickname was named the 4th most offensive mascot. @Bobref have you read any of this or heard any rumblings? 

DK,DC.

Haters gonna’ hate.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I don’t have a link and didn’t want to hijack the Purdue Pete thread but I read somewhere that the leprechaun or fighting Irish nickname was named the 4th most offensive mascot. @Bobref have you read any of this or heard any rumblings? 

"Top 80%."

---Michael Scott

In today's world, I can't believe the SJWs haven't attacked Notre Dame more.

Read this in your best Cliff Clavin voice 

Actually Nohm, there was a point in time when the term "fighting Irish" was a derogatory term. It referred to the Irish units in the military during the Civil War. The Irish gained quite a reputation for getting drunk while in camp and fighting as much among themselves as they did in battles. 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Actually Nohm, there was a point in time when the term "fighting Irish" was a derogatory term. It referred to the Irish units in the military during the Civil War. The Irish gained quite a reputation for getting drunk while in camp and fighting as much among themselves as they did in battles. 

I await the groundswell of righteous indignation from the Irish-American community …“crickets”

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2021 at 8:19 AM, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Blake Fisher looks to be the starter at LT while Jack Kiser and Paul Moala will be getting time at LB/Rover and I'm sure will be on special teams.

Kiser named the starter against FSU. You have got to love everything about this story and this kid. He embodies everything that’s good about our game.

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-football-jack-kiser-ready-to-shine

For some reason I’m unable to post the text of the story. But there’s a video clip worth watching.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2021 at 5:32 PM, Irishman said:

The Civil War has been over for a long time, at least for most of us.😉

If that wasn't a personal foul I'll eat my shoes!  It was called running into the kicker!  It seems there's always a pivotal officiating call that goes against the Irish when they play in the state of Florida.  It's not a coincident!

This may not end well for the Irish!

4 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

If that wasn't a personal foul I'll eat my shoes!  It was called running into the kicker!  It seems there's always a pivotal officiating call that goes against the Irish when they play in the state of Florida.  It's not a coincident!

This may not end well for the Irish!

That call is the least of their worries. 

6 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Irish went into play not to lose when they got to 38 points. Not sure why they spend so much time in a prevent defense, especially in the red zone. Play calling on offense went too conservative too soon. 

I thought Freeman was the “Chosen One-Coach Version”?

7 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Irish went into play not to lose when they got to 38 points. Not sure why they spend so much time in a prevent defense, especially in the red zone. Play calling on offense went too conservative too soon. 

Though I must admit. TWD was on our TV from 8-9.  Much better viewing. #ReapersRealDeal

30 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

That call is the least of their worries. 

It was a momentum changer.  If it's called correctly it's Notre Dame ball!  Possession means everything in the 4th quarter especially.

11 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

This is not a top 10 team I'm watching. Both offensive and defensive coordinators should be reprimanded if not fired after this s#$ show.

The Irish need to look at another QB next week against Toledo.  Coan just isn't very mobile.

3 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

It was a momentum changer.  If it's called correctly it's Notre Dame ball!  Possession means everything in the 4th quarter especially.

The Irish need to look at another QB next week against Toledo.  Coan just isn't very mobile.

Just far too many missed tackles by the defense and horrible play selection on offense at key times. They have a lot of work to do.

Just now, gonzoron said:

Just far too many missed tackles by the defense and horrible play selection on offense at key times. They have a lot of work to do.

The defense was on the field the entire fourth quarter.  Mostly because the offense didn't move the ball and  one of the worst the worst homer calls you'll ever see.  When a punter is drilled and knocked to the ground that's a personal four and an Irish first down.

It was just as bad as the pick play call a few years back.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

"I'm in favor of execution. Maybe our entire team should be executed after tonight."-Brian Kelly postgame remark

Not the best Irish effort but he would have probably gotten a penalty for the roughing the kicker if the official didn't know he blew that one.  Momentum is everything in sports, especially in the 4th quarter of a football game.