Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2021

Bobref

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

OMG, somebody shoot me. ND was totally dominant at the line of scrimmage, yet Purdue wasn't completely out of the game until late. 

I too am now unsure if Coan is the answer but I also tend to be very anti “two platoon/rotation guy.”

I guess I get it but I’ve never been in love with it honestly.

9 hours ago, temptation said:

I too am now unsure if Coan is the answer but I also tend to be very anti “two platoon/rotation guy.”

I guess I get it but I’ve never been in love with it honestly.

Me neither. Tyler Buchner had a hamstring issue that’s why he didn’t play 2nd half. He makes the running game so much better and keeps the defense honest. 

Purdue had a couple calls that did not go there way, especially that no call for pass interference in the 4th qtr. Should have given them a first down and kept their drive alive. When asked after the game about max protection Brian Kelly said if they didn’t do some of the things they did George was going to wreck the day and they didn’t want George to wreck the day. After the first 2 series on offense I thought GK and the Purdue front were going to wreck the day. But the Irish offense did enough to win and the defense didn’t allow any big plays by David Bell. 

34 minutes ago, temptation said:

Upcoming stretch (Wisconsin, Cincinnati and Virginia Tech) will go a long way in determining Notre Dame’s season.

Have not watched any Wisconsin or VTech but saw some of the IU/UC game yesterday. Wouldn’t be surprised if ND goes 1-2 in the next 3, especially if the hamstring issue lingers for TB. We shall see

42 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

And it’s a bummer the game vs Wisconsin is not at Camp Randall.  Probably a blessing in disguise for the Irish 

It’s ND’s home game though. Last year was supposed to be the home game for Wisconsin at Lambeau, but it was canceled. Kind of glad it was. I never imagined a day that I would be rooting for the visiting team at Lambeau. 😄

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just merging your “analysis” from two different threads.  Try to do better.

You should try to do better. I didn't say anything about Cincinnati being lucky. Get your facts straight. Again, wrong thread. Try again Tommy.

9 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

You should try to do better. I didn't say anything about Cincinnati being lucky. Get your facts straight. Again, wrong thread. Try again Tommy.

Just a question:  Aren’t MOST games between competent teams 1-2 plays away from “turning out differently?”

Edited by temptation

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

Gotcha.  I figured that any game that finished with a 10-14 point margin of victory “could have turned out differently” if the other team just hadn’t carried the little brown thing over the goal line or kicked it through the yellow posts.

You figured wrong. Try painting with a narrower brush. Yours is far too broad.

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

You figured wrong. Try painting with a narrower brush. Yours is far too broad.

I mean Purdue was 2-3 plays away yesterday (obvious missed PI call, ND FG that was controversial, tipped INT in the end zone) and still managed to lose by 14.

Do you play horseshoes as a hobby by chance?

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

I mean Purdue was 2-3 plays away yesterday (obvious missed PI call, ND FG that was controversial, tipped INT in the end zone) and still managed to lose by 14.

How did plays in a Purdue game affect the Penn State and Cincinnati games? You're getting further and further out in left field. Keep digging your hole. And enroll yourself in a reading comprehension course. I'm out, I won't click on any more 'show this post' buttons to override the block I have on you.

• Disdain 1

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

How did plays in a Purdue game affect the Penn State and Cincinnati games? You're getting further and further out in left field. Keep digging your hole. And enroll yourself in a reading comprehension course. I'm out, I won't click on any more 'show this post' buttons to override the block I have on you.

LOL.