Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2021

Bobref

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I saw A LOT of red in the stadium on Saturday. Notre Dame can't be happy about season ticket holders selling their seats to Cincinnati fans. Not nearly as bad as the Nebraska game, but Cincinnati put a lot of red in that stadium.

Not sure if it is ND fan apathy or the fact that it was probably the biggest road game in Cincinnati's program history...

Probably a combination?

On 10/3/2021 at 3:40 PM, temptation said:

Well, you had to wait until they lost to Michigan to claim they were overrated huh?

Irish fans were calling it a quality win in my circle last Sunday.

You never heard, or read, me say it was a quality win.  I'm knowledgeable enough to know that Wisconsin was not a top rated team, and I don't know nothin'.

8 hours ago, Bobref said:

WTF??? 🤬

Sad!  I think maybe BK is nearing his final days in South Bend.  This is a terrible decision!

15 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Sad!  I think maybe BK is nearing his final days in South Bend.  This is a terrible decision!

Brian Kelly is just getting started. He has more 4 & 5-star recruits coming in than he's ever had. He's on a mission to win a national champion.

23 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Brian Kelly doing his best Matt Nagy impersonation and naming Jack Coan the starter (or #1 on the depth chart) vs. VTech

Interesting that he still regards Coan as the number one guy. If he's THAT good, then why does he keep taking him out? 

With a line that's not very good, doesn't it make sense to use a quarterback who can scramble around rather than just hanging out in the pocket? Everyone seems to understand this with the exception of Brian Kelly. I don't get it. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Interesting that he still regards Coan as the number one guy. If he's THAT good, then why does he keep taking him out? 

With a line that's not very good, doesn't it make sense to use a quarterback who can scramble around rather than just hanging out in the pocket? Everyone seems to understand this with the exception of Brian Kelly. I don't get it. 

Think I might have spoken too soon. They (ND) release a weekly depth chart, which had Jack Coan listed at #1. But in his weekly presser BK said they will announce who the QB will be later on, and that internally they know who it is. So take that for what it's worth...

29 minutes ago, temptation said:

VT +1…hmmmm

A hornet’s nest at night…

An opponent with a QB controversy that hasn’t looked itself in the first month of the season…

Take my money DraftKings.

Notre Dame will cover.

15 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Is the Va. Tech game still scheduled to be on the ACC Network?  If it is I'm SOL.  It's difficult to get 1430am radio at night too.  Oh well, back to the past.

Thanks for the heads up, yes it looks like it's only being shown on ACC Network. Not sure if that's more a pain than playing on the Peacock App or about the same.  

I've been told that you tube has a two week free trial and Irish fans may be able to subscribe and then unsubscribe after the game.  I'm not sure that's possible but I'll give it a try.  I'm not sure that you tube has the ACC Network but we'll soon find out.

6 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

The Irish trailed Virginia Tech 29-21 with 3:55 left.  Jack Coan came in and led the Irish to a 32-29 win, yes that Jack Coan.  Another page in the Irish lore!

Really thought we’d see drew pyne but credit to jack coan for not feeling sorry for himself and delivering the game tying and winning drive.. what a 2 point conversion. As soon as he rolled out right I was like uh oh…. Much needed bye week coming up. 5-1 is somewhat impressive considering all the inconsistencies and lack of running game for the team.. Buchner definitely kept the defense honest in the run game but definitely needs work as a passer. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Buchner definitely kept the defense honest in the run game but definitely needs work as a passer. 

All of this was as foretold in the prophecy. The Chosen One will deliver us unto the Promised Land. Like Moses, it will take some time. But the outcome is not in doubt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

All of this was as foretold in the prophecy. The Chosen One will deliver us unto the Promised Land. Like Moses, it will take some time. But the outcome is not in doubt.

Hopefully his ankle or lower leg injury is not significant 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

USC Week, which means a game under the lights and a lot of recruits in town. The Irish should be able to handle the Trojans after not meeting last year.

Also hope that the next Pete Carroll doesn't come and make USC what it was in the early 2000's. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 11:50 AM, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

USC Week, which means a game under the lights and a lot of recruits in town. The Irish should be able to handle the Trojans after not meeting last year.

Also hope that the next Pete Carroll doesn't come and make USC what it was in the early 2000's. 

Pete Carroll made USC get sanctioned after he high tailed it north and to a different League.  He won a lot but he left a lot of damage behind when he skeedaddled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2021 at 11:50 AM, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Not sure what I’m missing here but I have a hard time believing ND doesn’t cover the 7 tonight.  Sort of a sucker bet.

Now, if they trot out of the tunnel wearing those damn green jerseys, all bets are off.

• Haha 1