Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2021

Bobref

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

Notre Dame was more talented than every team they took the field with this year and is going to finish with one top 25 win.

Come on.

Yes the schedule was one of the easiest I’ve seen. But 11-1 is 11-1. Just because your roster is better doesn’t mean you’ll win. Still have to play the games and over the years I’ve seen the Irish lose games they shouldn’t. Just my take 

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

Much lower.

My thinking is that osu drops to a 6; ND moves up to 5th. I don't see any leapfrogging as no one did anything to warrant it based on where they all were one week ago. If Bama loses, they are out of the top 4........70% chance. 

3 minutes ago, Irishman said:

My thinking is that osu drops to a 6; ND moves up to 5th. I don't see any leapfrogging as no one did anything to warrant it based on where they all were one week ago. If Bama loses, they are out of the top 4........70% chance. 

The other OSU will be sitting right behind ND (6th or 7th) and will get one more shot to impress while Notre Dame sits on its ass.

18 minutes ago, Irishman said:

chances that the Irish make the playoff....I say they are at 70% 

I would say much lower. I just don’t think they can jump Cincinnati or a 1 loss Oklahoma state. They really needed Wisconsin to win and auburn to have held on to beat Alabama. Assuming they all win I would say Georgia Michigan Oklahoma st. Cincinnati 

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

Or they will blow it lol 

70% 😁

A 12-1 Okie State that has beaten 8 bowl eligible teams, including two top ten teams and whose only loss is a 3 point road loss at Iowa State is much more deserving than ND.

Plus I just want to see Gundy’s mullet on the national stage.

30 percent.

Georgia is in, Alabama is out.

Michigan beats Iowa...........in

Cincinnati beats Houston............in

Notre Dame vs Oklahoma State. That debate will be bigger than Notre Dame/Texas A&M last year. I agree with Temptation. If Oklahoma State beats Baylor while the Irish are "sitting on their ass," then we have one hell of a debate on our hands. Notre Dame's chances sit at 50% right now. 

One thing we need to consider though.............how good is the Big 12? Everyone was big on Iowa State two years ago until Notre Dame clobbered them in the bowl game. 

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

A 12-1 Okie State that has beaten 8 bowl eligible teams, including two top ten teams and whose only loss is a 3 point road loss at Iowa State is much more deserving than ND.

30 percent.

"Much more?" C'mon man. 

Just now, BTF said:

Notre Dame vs Oklahoma State. That debate will be bigger than Notre Dame/Texas A&M last year. I agree with Temptation. If Oklahoma State beats Baylor while the Irish are "sitting on their ass," then we have one hell of a debate on our hands. Notre Dame's chances sit at 50% right now. 

One thing we need to consider though.............how good is the Big 12? Everyone was big on Iowa State two years ago until Notre Dame clobbered them in the bowl game. 

I will make one concession to my “two loss elimination” thoughts…

WHAT if Bama/Georgia is an OT loss for the Tide?

Georgia is perceived to be the best team by a wide margin and the Tide usually get the benefit of the doubt in these types of things…

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

By that same token, Notre Dame has been outclassed in its playoff appearances so…

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

I will make one concession to my “two loss elimination” thoughts…

WHAT if Bama/Georgia is an OT loss for the Tide?

Georgia is perceived to be the best team by a wide margin and the Tide usually get the benefit of the doubt in these types of things…

By that same token, Notre Dame has been outclassed in its playoff appearances so…

Notre Dame came closer than Ohio State last year against Alabama. And Notre Dame held Bama to their lowest scoring output of the season. But the Notre Dame bashing continues?

If Georgia beats Alabama in OT, the Tide should be out. The committee shouldn't force the Bulldogs into a rematch. Alabama had their shot. Also, Alabama's lucky win against Auburn last night and their close win over Florida should be taken into consideration. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Notre Dame came closer than Ohio State last year against Alabama. And Notre Dame held Bama to their lowest scoring output of the season. But the Notre Dame bashing continues?

If Georgia beats Alabama in OT, the Tide should be out. The committee shouldn't force the Bulldogs into a rematch. Alabama had their shot. Also, Alabama's lucky win against Auburn last night and their close win over Florida should be taken into consideration. 

Come on now.  Bama took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half against ND.  That game was never in doubt.  The bashing is deserved.  Someone else deserves a chance and you can’t punish Okie State for Oklahoma’s failures in the past.

As for “lucky wins” that is shortsighted.  Bama has a target on its back (a deserved one) and is always going to get everyone’s best shot.  A road rivalry win (sorry but Stanford is not a true rival for ND) should not be overlooked as emotion plays a huge role.

Jim Tressel’s OSU teams were notorious for “winning ugly.”  Then they won the national title.

I think that winning close games works out in Bama’a favor this weekend against  UGA.  The Bulldogs haven’t been pressed and Bama will remain calm.

Gimme Saban over Kirby any day.  

Not saying they’ll win but anyone dismissing them is drunk.

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

30 percent.

A road loss to an unranked team is MUCH more deserving than a loss to one of the CFP teams????? hmmmm 
If that is a standard, then beating a 7-5 team by just one point ought to hurt them just as much as a win against an FCS team should; right? Keep in mind too that OU was a lower ranked team than they were. 
Also, ND played 7 bowl eligible teams......not that I would put any credence in that for either team, but certainly not worthy of having OSU step over ND 

Just now, Irishman said:

A road loss to an unranked team is MUCH more deserving than a loss to one of the CFP teams????? hmmmm 
If that is a standard, then beating a 7-5 team by just one point ought to hurt them just as much as a win against an FCS team should; right? Keep in mind too that OU was a lower ranked team than they were. 
Also, ND played 7 bowl eligible teams......not that I would put any credence in that for either team, but certainly not worthy of having OSU step over ND 

1.  A double digit loss at home to a non power 5 team (I don’t care how good they are) is damning.

2.  Iowa State was once ranked in the top ten and has a hell of a coach.  Often in college football, the venue/opposing coaching staff can level the playing field when there is a talent discrepancy.  That’s not a bad loss at all.

3.  12 is more than 11.

4.  Two top ten/3 top 15 wins for Okie State if they win Saturday.  ND has ONE top 25 win (on a neutral field) against a 4 loss Wisconsin team.

It shouldn’t be close.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Come on now.  Bama took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half against ND.  That game was never in doubt.  The bashing is deserved.  Someone else deserves a chance and you can’t punish Okie State for Oklahoma’s failures in the past.

As for “lucky wins” that is shortsighted.  Bama has a target on its back (a deserved one) and is always going to get everyone’s best shot.  A road rivalry win (sorry but Stanford is not a true rival for ND) should not be overlooked as emotion plays a huge role.

Jim Tressel’s OSU teams were notorious for “winning ugly.”  Then they won the national title.

I think that winning close games works out in Bama’a favor this weekend against  UGA.  The Bulldogs haven’t been pressed and Bama will remain calm.

Gimme Saban over Kirby any day.  

Not saying they’ll win but anyone dismissing them is drunk.

Took their foot off the gas? Notre Dame made adjustments :). Wonders why Bama took their foot off the gas against Notre Dame in the playoffs but not the rest of their opponents whom they scored more than 31 against. 

It's the same thing every year with the Big 12. Remember when everyone was raving about Iowa State two years ago? Same thing is happening now with Oklahoma State. 

You can't deny that Alabama just doesn't look like typical Alabama this year. 

Hit me up in a private message. I'll take Georgia by 8+. I'm not dismissing Alabama, but the chances of them beating Georgia is about 5% in my opinion. 

Just now, BTF said:

Took their foot off the gas? Notre Dame made adjustments :). Wonders why Bama took their foot off the gas against Notre Dame in the playoffs but not the rest of their opponents whom they scored more than 31 against. 

It's the same thing every year with the Big 12. Remember when everyone was raving about Iowa State two years ago? Same thing is happening now with Oklahoma State. 

You can't deny that Alabama just doesn't look like typical Alabama this year. 

Hit me up in a private message. I'll take Georgia by 8+. I'm not dismissing Alabama, but the chances of them beating Georgia is about 5% in my opinion. 

You can’t punish Okie State and make sweeping assumptions about a conference based on one team’s performance.

ND has had its chance and hasn’t been close.  No conference affiliation/stereotype there.

Alabama isn’t blowing folks out by any means but they have the best coach in the game and if they get a month to prepare (if they make the playoffs) I don’t want them matched up against my team for damn sure.

I’ll give Bama a puncher’s chance this weekend.  30-35 percent.

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

1.  A double digit loss at home to a non power 5 team (I don’t care how good they are) is damning.

2.  Iowa State was once ranked in the top ten and has a hell of a coach.  Often in college football, the venue/opposing coaching staff can level the playing field when there is a talent discrepancy.  That’s not a bad loss at all.

3.  12 is more than 11.

4.  Two top ten/3 top 15 wins for Okie State if they win Saturday.  ND has ONE top 25 win (on a neutral field) against a 4 loss Wisconsin team.

It shouldn’t be close.

Would Baylor and Oklahoma be Top 15 if they were in the SEC or the Big Ten? Again, we're talking about the Big 12 here. Cincinnati is every bit as good as the Big 12's top 3, maybe better. 

1 minute ago, temptation said:

3.  12 is more than 11.

It shouldn’t be close.

1. A CFP team.....kind of a big deal. 
2. The key word....WAS......Michigan WAS 25th too, so no point really there. And Iowa State was out by week 5; not even halfway through the season. 

3. 12? Keep in mind though FCS wins do not count in the CFP Ranking, so 11=11 

4. That MAY be; but throughout this season, it was never enough to have them move ahead of ND; but now it is? hmmmm

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Alabama isn’t blowing folks out by any means but they have the best coach in the game and if they get a month to prepare (if they make the playoffs) I don’t want them matched up against my team for damn sure.

This I would agree with. If Bama does win, all bets are off. 

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

You can’t punish Okie State and make sweeping assumptions about a conference based on one team’s performance.

ND has had its chance and hasn’t been close.  No conference affiliation/stereotype there.

Best coach in the game? That's arguable. He definitely has the best players. Which makes it look like he's the best in the game. They won't beat Georgia, so we won't have to worry about him having a month to prepare. 

The Big 12's mediocre play has been an epidemic for years. 

Disclosure: Normally when I have a strong opinion about something and I make it public, it comes back to burn me. That being said, Alabama's chances of beating Georgia just went up to 55%.