Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New football sectional pairings for 21-22 Announced

8 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

LOVE the schedule Coach Mishler at Morton as put together.   Its daunting but exciting at the same time 

Kuddos 

Morton has been a big fish in a small pond ever since Roy Richards and Hammond’s open enrollment policy combined to attract some really fine athletes to that program. It’ll be great to see if they can take it to the next level.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 8:20 PM, BTF said:

Jaylon Smith played on four championship teams for Bishop Luers. His senior year was the Knights last championship 9 years ago. That's quite a drought for the mighty Knights. That was also the elder Linday's last year as the head coach. Good luck to his son this year. It will be nice to see him get his first. 

I think that the younger Lindsay only coached one game that year.  Steve Keefer came in and took over as head coach that year. 

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

There should be 32 teams in 6A..  The 32 teams with the biggest enrollment.

A 3-team sectional isnt a sectional. Its one game for somebody

Let Class 1A have the byes/ They need them.   There's five eight teams sectionals in 1A

That is how it will be in the future - but the IHSAA could not accurately confirm which 32 schools belonged in 6A this year. It is not that hard to grasp. There is no way accurately telling which 2 schools should be moved up because the only accurate data is from previous years, and things have changed since then (with or without COVID). Add in the fluctuating numbers DUE to Covid, the IHSAA thought it best to just keep the same schools in 6A that were in it the last 2 years.

It would have been "unfair" to add Zionsville and Valparaiso to 6A this year without knowing for sure their enrollments were in fact bigger than say.... Jeffersonville, FW Northrop, Harrison (WL) or Castle. Those 6 schools during the last enrollment period were all within 90 students of each other. For all we know, any 2 of those 6 schools would be included in "The 32 teams with the biggest enrollment" as you say.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

That is how it will be in the future - but the IHSAA could not accurately confirm which 32 schools belonged in 6A this year. It is not that hard to grasp. There is no way accurately telling which 2 schools should be moved up because the only accurate data is from previous years, and things have changed since then (with or without COVID). Add in the fluctuating numbers DUE to Covid, the IHSAA thought it best to just keep the same schools in 6A that were in it the last 2 years.

It would have been "unfair" to add Zionsville and Valparaiso to 6A this year without knowing for sure their enrollments were in fact bigger than say.... Jeffersonville, FW Northrop, Harrison (WL) or Castle. Those 6 schools during the last enrollment period were all within 90 students of each other. For all we know, any 2 of those 6 schools would be included in "The 32 teams with the biggest enrollment" as you say.

Interesting problem if it were to be Castle that moves up:  Castle and Columbus North would be the only 6A schools that are really in the southern half of the state.   Makes for a long sectional drive.

9 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Interesting problem if it were to be Castle that moves up:  Castle and Columbus North would be the only 6A schools that are really in the southern half of the state.   Makes for a long sectional drive.

Yeah I DOUBT it would be Castle, but just wanted to make the point that those 6 schools were all within 90 students last time.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Andrean did not move up to 3A like they were supposed to so everybody in Sectional 33 has a problem.  😒

Don't you think The University of Andrean probably has better things to do this fall than play in a piddly Class 2A football tournament?

How do they motivate these kids?

6 hours ago, fenderbender said:

Did Center Grove move?

On 5/4/2021 at 8:04 AM, BDGiant93 said:

Agree. Tremendous advantage for Center Grove to not have to play an extra game potentially while Warren has three other MIC teams to contend with in their Sectional.

Potentially.  But come on, man!  BD landing in sectional 6 rather than sectional 5 is a huge gift to the Giants!

12 hours ago, Grover said:

Potentially.  But come on, man!  BD landing in sectional 6 rather than sectional 5 is a huge gift to the Giants!

Now THAT is a fact.  Pike or Carmel would have to basically drive through Wayne Township to play a sectional road game at Avon or Brownsburg while BD's bus passes them going the other direction to travel to any road venue in their sectional.

Edited by temptation

20 hours ago, fenderbender said:

There is a big enrollment gap between Castle and Jeffersonville.

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

There is a big enrollment gap between Castle and Jeffersonville.

There is? Based on what exactly? According to the 2019-2020 count (which is the last accurate data count we have access to) Jeffersonville had an enrollment of 2,035 while Castle has an enrollment of 1,965. Are 70 students considered a BIG enrollment gap between schools?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DT said:

Don't you think The University of Andrean probably has better things to do this fall than play in a piddly Class 2A football tournament?

How do they motivate these kids?

I would imagine winning a 2a state title would be their motivation, which the last time they have made it to Indy was in 3a.   

That "piddly 2a" tournament has produced for Andrean, a couple sectional titles and 1 Regional title, this also going back to coach Mason days.... 

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I would imagine winning a 2a state title would be their motivation, which the last time they have made it to Indy was in 3a.   

That "piddly 2a" tournament has produced for Andrean, a couple sectional titles and 1 Regional title, this also going back to coach Mason days.... 

Andrean likes to take down bigger game.  Check their non con schedule  They are also the smallest school in their conference, by a long shot

just checked

1st round exit to Wheeler

Semi State loss to Luers

then 3a success, led to 2 years of 4a 

then back to 3a where they ran into WL in Sectionals then back to 2a

last 2 years:  Regional Win vs Cass, SS loss to Eastbrook and Regional Loss to Pioneer last year. 

Just now, DT said:

Andrean likes to take down bigger game.  Check their non con schedule  They are also the smallest school in their conference, by a long shot

I am FULLY aware of the Andrean resume 

But just because they play a great schedule, that does not make it an automatic ticket punching to Indy, as I have shown you in class 2a as they are 0-4 to make it state in their tenure in 2a.  

They are going to be a tough out like always, and for the team I am associated with, that is the team we will hopefully meet again come week 12, maybe the 4th time in Sectional championship will be the charm!!   :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Now THAT is a fact.  Pike or Carmel would have to basically drive through Wayne Township to play a sectional road game at Avon or Brownsburg while BD's bus passes them going the other direction to travel to any road venue in their sectional.

Pike/BD/Avon/Brownsburg should be the Sectional. Huge gates. It never should have changed, but Carmel had to go south and somewhere. Personally, I think they fit more with LN/LC/NC, but that leaves Warren without a spot. I mean, it could be Warren, Tech, Perry, and Southport...The whole IHSAA policy of keeping schools in the same district in the same Sectional locks in a few scenarios. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Pike/BD/Avon/Brownsburg should be the Sectional. Huge gates. It never should have changed, but Carmel had to go south and somewhere. Personally, I think they fit more with LN/LC/NC, but that leaves Warren without a spot. I mean, it could be Warren, Tech, Perry, and Southport...The whole IHSAA policy of keeping schools in the same district in the same Sectional locks in a few scenarios. 

Is it just me, or do those alignment make too much sense?  I forgot we were talking IHSAA, so I guess it makes TOO much sense?

5 hours ago, fenderbender said:

Center Grove and South Side schools don't count.  🤪

I throw them into the Indy Metro area for travel purposes.

Center Grove a southern school?  Not to us.  

As we drive up I-69/ 37 (in non-construction times) we mark the Stones Crossing/37 intersection as the "hey, we've made it to Indy" point. LOL

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Center Grove a southern school?  Not to us.  

As we drive up I-69/ 37 (in non-construction times) we mark the Stones Crossing/37 intersection as the "hey, we've made it to Indy" point. LOL

For most people I know once we are south of Big Ben road off of 37/69 we are in northern Kentucky

so we are south of the state lol

Edited by Trojanmp52
  • Haha 1