Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New football sectional pairings for 21-22 Announced

4 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Yikes.... you should check the numbers then and comeback with a more pheasible breakout of adding 2 additional classes.... because the way you have it now, is no bueno:

~75 schools <400 kids 1A

~114 schools <800 kids 2A

~48 schools <1200 kids 3A

~26 schools <1600 kids 4A

~22 schools <2000 kids 5A

~13 schools <2500 kids 6A

~5 schools <3000 kids 7A

~11 schools >3000 kids 8A

Thank you. I was just giving parameters while trying to show some love and hopefully potentially infuse some programs that could use a good year...1a-4a remain the same..around the 1500-2500 mark is where we could add another..only kicking us up from 7 to 8 would be for the mega schools..maybe 16 in the top class..we had 3 classes..then 5..now 6..the potential for 7 may come around...eventually. when we went from 5 to 6 classes it had no bearing on the smaller schools but i did not know how close 1-4a classes were in enrollment. Ok I'm done ruffling feathers😏

3 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I do not live in the area anymore, but my family still does. I believe there are already preliminary meetings on a US 30 update, including either updating the current route OR creating a new route either NORTH of the city or SOUTH of the city.

I heard that too. But not an actual interstate, that would cost too much money..........limited access with lights. Should be ready to go by 2031. Anything to save money. Kind of like that "unique" only the second of it's kind, Diverging Dimond Interchange on Dupont Road. Not what was needed, but it did save the state some money, lol. 

• Like 1

I'm not totally against "more" classes....but it will never happen unless you can figure out a way to realistically have more than 6 State Championship games at LOS on Thanksgiving Weekend....7AM game???  11pm Game??  Play on Thursday (National Holiday)??? Sunday (Colts will often play)??.

Otherwise you will need to "stagger" your tournament....and have some games the weekend before. 

Or not have games at LOS....which will be the least likely option.

I don't think the IHSAA is keen to any of the above.

Edited by US31

12 hours ago, US31 said:

I'm not totally against "more" classes....but it will never happen unless you can figure out a way to realistically have more than 6 State Championship games at LOS on Thanksgiving Weekend....7AM game???  11pm Game??  Play on Thursday (National Holiday)??? Sunday (Colts will often play)??.

Otherwise you will need to "stagger" your tournament....and have some games the weekend before. 

Or not have games at LOS....which will be the least likely option.

I don't think the IHSAA is keen to any of the above.

Possibly 10am? More games more money..they're young n won't need caffeine yet!

11 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Possibly 10am? More games more money..they're young n won't need caffeine yet!

Currently the games are blocked out at 3.5 hour intervals (4 hour intervals this year) So it has been Noon/330pm/7pm.  So using 2019 kickoff times, you'd have to add either an 830am or a 1030pm game.  OR you bump everything back an hour and have a 930am/1pm/430pm/8pm schedule.  The 930am kickoff teams are gonna have to travel the night before.  If they are Indy metro, you are still getting kids up VERY early to meet at school, do your check/meeting, bus to LOS and be ready for a 930am kick.  And anyone who's watched a lot of State games knows that evening game usually doesn't kick off on time.

I'm not saying its impossible....just harder to do 4 games in one day.  Especially if you are the early game.

If you had two classes with Bye's....which should be doable if you had an 8 class system.  Then playing two games the weekend before could be an option.  Those classes would be a "week" ahead of the other classes (e.g. they would be playing "regional" games when the classes with more schools would be playing "sectionals")

Its all up to whether or not the IHSAA & LOS would want to do this.  And again, I'm not sold on the need for it.....but if you wanted to go beyond 6 classes, you'd need to figure this out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, US31 said:

Currently the games are blocked out at 3.5 hour intervals (4 hour intervals this year) So it has been Noon/330pm/7pm.  So using 2019 kickoff times, you'd have to add either an 830am or a 1030pm game.  OR you bump everything back an hour and have a 930am/1pm/430pm/8pm schedule.  The 930am kickoff teams are gonna have to travel the night before.  If they are Indy metro, you are still getting kids up VERY early to meet at school, do your check/meeting, bus to LOS and be ready for a 930am kick.  And anyone who's watched a lot of State games knows that evening game usually doesn't kick off on time.

I'm not saying its impossible....just harder to do 4 games in one day.  Especially if you are the early game.

If you had two classes with Bye's....which should be doable if you had an 8 class system.  Then playing two games the weekend before could be an option.  Those classes would be a "week" ahead of the other classes (e.g. they would be playing "regional" games when the classes with more schools would be playing "sectionals")

Its all up to whether or not the IHSAA & LOS would want to do this.  And again, I'm not sold on the need for it.....but if you wanted to go beyond 6 classes, you'd need to figure this out.

I hear ya..I like expansion talk rather than contraction talk.. summer gym n 3 a days will start soon n we can get back to football soon enough!

7 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Best way to fix this is get ride of the success rule. Set your classes and stop moving it around every 2 years. 

The success factor is a good middle ground.  It keeps the group that wants to kick the P/P out of the IHSAA in the minority.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Its has happened before: 

Western in 4a always goes south

Tipton has gone South before as well 

Sometimes that is how the cookie crumbles 

Marion played at Evansville Central in 2018. That had to be 4 hours or more by bus.  

However the Bears had to travel to East Central via KY & OH for two straight years in Regionals so I’m sure they didn’t feel too sorry. 

16 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Its has happened before: 

Muncie South and Seymour played each other in a regional game once.

17 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Its has happened before: 

No its laziness , Lapel or Frankton to sec 38 and LCC to 36 requires slightly more thought and makes WAY more sense . 

IHSAA has the precedent that schools that share a district don't split into different sectionals.  That is likely why they kept Frankton/Lapel in place.  I'm not arguing in support of said precedent just that I have been made to believe it exists.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, irishuncle411 said:

IHSAA has the precedent that schools that share a district don't split into different sectionals.  That is likely why they kept Frankton/Lapel in place.  I'm not arguing in support of said precedent just that I have been made to believe it exists.  

I see what your saying and forgot they were one district. Move them Both and if your gonna put any school in 37 then put Heritage Christian or Eastern Hancock 

I apologize if I missed this elsewhere, but is this just a one year alignment until a full enrollment can be performed? Looks to me like LCC just replaced Webo who also bumped up a class and everything else stayed pat. Pretty simple solution for a 1 year deal if its the case.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2021 at 10:47 AM, FarmerFran said:

I apologize if I missed this elsewhere, but is this just a one year alignment until a full enrollment can be performed? Looks to me like LCC just replaced Webo who also bumped up a class and everything else stayed pat. Pretty simple solution for a 1 year deal if its the case.

Correct.  LCC replaced Webo in 2A, Webo replaced Chatard in 3A Sectional.  It's a 1 year deal and then after enrollments are taken the Sectionals will be re aligned.  

4 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Correct.  LCC replaced Webo in 2A, Webo replaced Chatard in 3A Sectional.  It's a 1 year deal and then after enrollments are taken the Sectionals will be re aligned.  

So let's say Webo doesn't win a 3A sectional in 2021 or 2022.  Will they go back down to 2A (assuming their enrollment would fall in line with that classification) in 2023 or are they in 3A for 3 seasons since they won't want to re-do sectionals again after 2022?

• Disdain 1

5 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

With the Sectional of Death, I'm thinking WeBo got the more "interesting" placement in that deal.  At least Chatard will be absent during the festivities.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foxbat said:

With the Sectional of Death, I'm thinking WeBo got the more "interesting" placement in that deal.  At least Chatard will be absent during the festivities.

Agree.  Taking Chatard out of that sectional made it more interesting to start with.  Then adding a program that might be able to compete added a little more intrigue.  It will be interesting to see it play out.  My money is on Brebeuf in 2021 just because I think Strickland should be a force nobody can match up with. 

On 5/25/2021 at 8:54 PM, oldtimeqb said:

Marion played at Evansville Central in 2018. That had to be 4 hours or more by bus.  

However the Bears had to travel to East Central via KY & OH for two straight years in Regionals so I’m sure they didn’t feel too sorry. 

Every time I read this I get more and more fascinated for some odd reason.

A team traveling through two OTHER states to play an in-state game is flat out hysterical to me.