Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New football sectional pairings for 21-22 Announced

Just now, oldtimeqb said:

Quick thoughts:

Two THREE team sectionals in 6A.  Whaaat??

Chatard moved into Roncalli's sectional.  Shocked!  I tell you. Shocked!

WeBo taking Chatard's spot in sectional 28.  

And don't look now - but the IHSAA notes teams that have been "relegated down" due to success factor.  Are we that far from an English Premier league relegation/promotion?  (Not a serious question. But I've never seen the relegation word before.)

• Like 1

Just now, Indiana Fan said:

Wow. Weird stuff with this. I guess the IHSAA literally meant they were freezing enrollments. Only teams moving were success factor teams. I really thought they’d be moving teams up to fill the gap in 6A

Yeah as I think about it a little more... I can understand it. How could they pick the correct 2 teams to move up? Obviously you could base it on the old enrollments, but who's to say that is an accurate representation of today? Perhaps Jeffersonville and/or FW Northrop today have more kids than Zionsville and Valparaiso. I doubt it, but that's the point. If you cannot confirm it why "punish" (even though I do not think that is the correct term here) Zionsville and Valparaiso by making them move up to 6A this year if there is no guarantee they are in the top 32?

39 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Quick thoughts:

Two THREE team sectionals in 6A.  Whaaat??

Chatard moved into Roncalli's sectional.  Shocked!  I tell you. Shocked!

WeBo taking Chatard's spot in sectional 28.  

And don't look now - but the IHSAA notes teams that have been "relegated down" due to success factor.  Are we that far from an English Premier league relegation/promotion?  (Not a serious question. But I've never seen the relegation word before.)

Three team sectionals?  What a joke.

Nothing like getting a bye to the sectional championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

Three team sectionals?  What a joke.

Nothing like getting a bye to the sectional championship.

Well I think most coaches will probably want to play instead of getting that double bye. Taking 2 weeks off could be very bad for a team. 

5A has a 6team sectional also...just odd

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Well I think most coaches will probably want to play instead of getting that double bye. Taking 2 weeks off could be very bad for a team. 

5A has a 6team sectional also...just odd

I politely disagree.  You want the easiest path possible in every scenario.  One less game is ideal.  If you’re good enough, that two week break won’t matter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

1 minute ago, temptation said:

I politely disagree.  You want the easiest path possible in every scenario.  One less game is ideal.  If you’re good enough, that two week break won’t matter.

I think I agree with @Indiana Fan here. While sure, fewer games makes the path "easier"... potentially going 21 days in between playing an actual game? It's almost like having camp all over again right before the tournament. Just very interesting to say the least. Glad we will only have to deal with it for 1 season

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

The best teams it might not matter. But to say that won’t affect high school kids to not play a game for 2 weeks and keep them practicing and focused for that long is just wrong. Again, yes the best teams it shouldn’t matter, but still that’s a long time without playing. 

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

I agree with you ... except that just because you play one less game doesn’t mean the path is always going to be easier. And you could plug in that “if you’re good enough” in front of just about anything, so it’s essentially meaningless.

”If you’re good enough, it won’t matter that they have twice your enrollment ...”

”If you’re good enough, it won’t matter that your starting QB is hurt...”

”If you’re good enough, it won’t matter that your schedule has you playing the Little Sisters of the Poor every week...”

”If you’re good enough, it won’t matter that you had a 3 hr. bus ride to get here...”

Edited by Bobref

36 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I was kind of hoping for more of a shake up.  Looks like this was an untouched as possible.

Agreed...

Lets put up with 2021 being the outlier.  Then 2022 will be the SHOCKER!  

As "vanilla" as 2021 will be, 2022 is set up to be a MAJOR change in both assignments (class) and match-ups (reassignment)